PDA

View Full Version : Bangkok - Pradiphat Bars

BonTong
March 10th, 2015, 18:42
Anyone have a recent update on the Saphan Khwai area and particularly the bars in soi 20 off Pradiphat road?

I haven't been in BKK much the last couple of years so am a bit out of touch. Used to stay in Saphan Khwai and go to these places, there were several karaoke bars, a couple of host bars (boys wearing jeans) and one go-go as I remember. They were always friendly and fun where you can sit and chat with the waiters and bar hop for a few beers. Not necessarily looking for a bed warmer, just a fun evening.

Also, there were a few clubs up the road near Chatuchak. Only ever been with a gang of Thai's, and some years ago, so can't remember the names, but they were fun. Any updates?

I did look at the usual on-line guides for farangs but saw nothing. There was this from six months ago by Christian PFC (http://christianpfc.blogspot.com/2014/09/chatuchak-and-pradipat-gay-bars-update.html) but he only went in one bar.

llz
March 10th, 2015, 19:30
Pradiphat bars : nothing has much changed when I visited some of them during the last weeks.

Be High gogo bar has been renovated and looks better than before. Still few boys, and approaching even when uninvited, but the captain/waiter/mamasan is a young isan lad which however is not available until bar closure.

Not many boys in most of bars and not really attractive in my opinion. I wonder if they do not keep the most handsome ones for their regular customers, as I saw very cute ones sitting in front of the bars.

Times must be difficult as I saw big smiles and welcoming words from some bars owners that ignored me before. Oasis at the end of the soi is now a TV repair shop, Waterloo is definitely a karaoke bar but massage is available on the premisess. Nothing changed for Adam, Street Boy, Staxx, Heaven and U-Turn except an obvious lack of boys.

On other sois, I peeped once into Charmming which used to have a large and alluring selection of guys, and did not go further as no one was to be seen. Perhaps it was too early in the evening.

You should not miss a visit to Nine Spa, on the left when you enter the Liberty Garden Hotel courtyard. Very nice massage boys there, and quite talented in their jobs from what I could experience.

As for the bars on Kampheng Phet Road and the OTK area, many have closed and been destroyed due to huge construction works going on in the area.

christianpfc
March 11th, 2015, 00:03
I went to Be-High a few months ago (after the report quoted in op), few boys (3 if I remember correctly), but one pretty close to offing.

I second recommendation for Nine Spa (based on one visit, skilled in massage and happy ending). What I find weird, you chose the masseur from pictures on a pad, but they are all in the house (I assume, when I was done showering the masseur came in). I would clearly prefer choosing in person, not from a picture.

LoveThailand
March 11th, 2015, 01:22
What does attractive/not attractive mean for llz? If you could, please, explain in a few words. Could be helpful as we all have a very wide range of preferences.

llz
March 11th, 2015, 02:09
What does attractive/not attractive mean for llz? If you could, please, explain in a few words. Could be helpful as we all have a very wide range of preferences.
Quickly said, an attractive guy is for me a 18/25 y/o male-acting man with a nice and smiling face. Slim and dark-skinned body preferred ; mustache, obvious tatoos and big muscles a definite no-no. The boys in the Pradiphat bars (but not in Nine Spa) failed to meet these requirements mostly in the age and face fields.

BonTong
March 11th, 2015, 11:16
Thanks for the feedback. Sounds like it is at least worth the effort to go and have a look.

Last few trips to BKK I found the likes of soi Twighlight have rather lost their appeal; perhaps I've been too long in Chiang Mai.

Ilz: Where are "the other sois" and "Charming" that you mention? The only other place I recall was the 39 Underground soi but haven't been there in a long time.

pong
March 11th, 2015, 15:06
The only other soi with just 1 bar is that with Charmming-opposite side, same side as 9spa/Liberty HTL/beside Pradiphat HTL.
Sauna-as said 39 und, often said as to be not very farang-friendly-or sticky rice, and the utmost decrepit mess named Farose 2-sauna. For the real desperate. And the cinema-daytime, toward the 39 und.
Former OTK/Kamp phet is completely mowed down now. FAKE has reopened along Ratchda road. See Christian's blogs- he also sees the Ram/Lamsalee bars in near deathstruggle-only open weekend

LoveThailand
March 11th, 2015, 15:57
Thanks guys for info. I have never ventured into that area - maybe next time I visit. Sounds very different from the better known spots.

christianpfc
March 11th, 2015, 19:30
Charmming is not exactly opposite, it's on the other side of the road, some 100 m west. Farose 2 is in Ramkhamhaeng Soi 21, worth a visit; Farose 1 is in Pradipat (northern side, some 100 m west of Soi 20) and really run down.