PDA

View Full Version : cutey beauty

paborn
March 4th, 2015, 07:10
On every trip to Bangkok for years I have indulged in several visits to this wonderful gay oriented salon - great haircuts, pedicures and manicures and facials. This trip, I'm going to Pattaya for the first time in years - is there something like this there?

March 4th, 2015, 12:10
I gave up on them years ago. The discerning go to Cutey-&-Beauty-In-Exile over in the Charn Issara Tower. If you want something like that, why go to a downmarket resort like Pattaya. Those sort of places only exist in Bangkok. It's a bit like going to Isaan for quality Isaan cuisine. It doesn't exist there; all the decent Isaan cooks know they can make a better living in Bangkok.

MiniMee
March 4th, 2015, 13:31
I gave up on them years ago.

And it shows! But are you sure it wasn't them that gave up on you?

francois
March 4th, 2015, 21:14
On every trip to Bangkok for years I have indulged in several visits to this wonderful gay oriented salon -

I am confused, is there a difference between a salon and a saloon?

paborn
March 4th, 2015, 23:41
Yes, there is a difference between salon and saloon and I suspect you know it. I'm not going to Thailand to find a place to get a hair cut that would be absurd. I'm going to Pattaya because I have not been there in around 15 years and would like to not be in a huge city ( after 20 trips ) for a change. If I hate it I can leave and go to Bangkok - I'm not going to save money, although that is a nice benefit . Just want to know if there is a gay friendly venue for hair cut, shave and nails - with all the queens how can there not be?

Ivory
March 5th, 2015, 00:08
I can recommend Nonny's at Jomtien Complex. It's opposite The Venue residense and next door from Vin╨╡gar underwear shop. Good haircuts for only 120B.

Surfcrest
March 5th, 2015, 00:28
Your best bet maybe at the Central Festival Mall, 4th floor where all the day-spa's and salons are located. I would imagine the better stylists are working at Central Festival Mall vs the back streets of Day & Night or Sunee Plaza. As for the "gay" part, it's hard to find a male hair stylist that isn't gay.

http://shopping.centralfestival.co.th/directory/cf/shopping_directory.php?loc=cfpb

Surfcrest

francois
March 5th, 2015, 10:36
There are many barber shops in Pattaya but not sure if they qualify as a full service salon providing nail care but some do provide ear cleaning if that is desired. In and around the old Soi Hollywood which is across from Wat Chai area and Tuk Com areas there are many barber shops frequented by Thai guys. Probably best bet is to go to one that has many Thai guys inside and thus popular. At The Avenue, a mall/shopping center on Second Rd, across from Royal Garden, and not far from Boyztown, there is a salon on second or third level that provides everything; and more chichis then the usual barber shop.