PDA

View Full Version : Still very inexpensive Thai flights & hotel costs for June

newalaan2
March 3rd, 2015, 21:39
Just booked an economy flight from regional uk airport with KLM via Amsterdam to Bkk for start of June. ┬г495 from Uk, with good departure times. Outward flight has short stop-over in Ams with the Ams to Bkk leg only 10.5 hrs. I will upgrade later to Economy Plus/comfort or something, but the base cost is the least expensive for some time.

Was also looking to stay in Bkk at the start of the June visit and found rooms at the Ballys, Silom (now D'varee silom) for only Bt1200 per night. Always enjoy my stay there, an easy trip from airport and well located for first few days for Silom Sois 2-4, Soi Twillight, BTS and easy to get taxi for Rachada.

Mosaik, Pattaya off-peak rates also still at the same level for a few years now.

lexusgs
March 3rd, 2015, 23:28
Good info NA2,

I can see you do a number of trips per year lucky guy!

After a 2.5 year break I'm taking a trip to BKK/Patt for a couple of weeks. I've managed to take advantage of the turmoil with the Euro againt the ┬г┬г. Booked a cheap flight to Amsterdam from UK for ┬г70 (gets me a night in AMS) Emirates biz class cost around ┬г1200 compared to ┬г2100 ex UK. Nice deal and generous points system gives enough for a one leg upgrade. Worth it for a short trip.

joe552
March 4th, 2015, 02:52
I booked my June trip some time ago with Etihad and paid the lowest fare I can remember - тВм600. In the past, I've paid over тВм800, so I'm pretty pleased.

Nirish guy
March 4th, 2015, 03:59
Im raging as after years of paying top dollar like you Joe I've found a couple of great deals and was about to book for Songkran and for several reasons it appears I'm now going to Barcelona and Sitges instead and it's killing my NOT making the most of the cheaper flight prices ! Oh well I've a feeling they'll be a round a while perhaps so lets hope they hold until the summer and then we'll see maybe :-)

pong
March 4th, 2015, 14:03
I booked my June trip some time ago with Etihad and paid the lowest fare I can remember - тВм600. In the past, I've paid over тВм800, so I'm pretty pleased.
Guess thats from IE. Just booked-they had a promotion with also double miles- for 50x, but with cashback total just under 500EUR- late nov, 6 week stay. Guess have enough mls then to get an upgrade for it on return.
Am with EY now too, but that transit in AUH is really currently a big minus- with ever more pax at the same time, its worse as BKKs weekend market at closing time.

Smiles
March 5th, 2015, 17:33
I don't know much about European flight prices (being a west coast Canadian, I fly over the Big Water) but in regards to this specific topic I just happened to be watching Bloomberg business channel this afternoon.
The Bloomberg screen includes an ever-moving stock ticker-like sidebar of business and investing news which included this very encapsulated little snippet;

"Lufthansa To Answer
Emirates In Long-haul
With Rock Bottom Prices"
No further info forthcoming as yet.