PDA

View Full Version : Looking down from a great height

March 2nd, 2015, 11:48
A recent blog about Phnom Penh asserted a hierarchy of contempt (http://www.khmer440.com/k/2015/03/the-phnom-penh-pyramid-of-judgment/) - the Khmer look down on Old Timer Ex-pats who look down on Professional Ex-pats who look down on TEFLers who look down on Voluntourists who look down on Backpackers who look down on Sexpats who look down on Deathpats - and everyone looks down on the French. I suspect a Thai version would leave out the Voluntourists but would somewhere interpose those who live in Pattaya

arsenal
March 2nd, 2015, 13:42
Someones' got his nickers in a twist about Pattaya.

thaiguest
March 3rd, 2015, 02:19
A recent blog about Phnom Penh asserted a hierarchy of contempt (http://www.khmer440.com/k/2015/03/the-phnom-penh-pyramid-of-judgment/) - the Khmer look down on Old Timer Ex-pats who look down on Professional Ex-pats who look down on TEFLers who look down on Voluntourists who look down on Backpackers who look down on Sexpats who look down on Deathpats - and everyone looks down on the French. I suspect a Thai version would leave out the Voluntourists but would somewhere interpose those who live in Pattaya

There are only 2 real steps in the Cambodian Hierarchy ie the local Cambodians and the Vietnamese.

The Vietnamese invaded Cambodia in the late 70's, kicked out the murderous Khemer Rouge and stayed for 10 years. By the time they left they controlled everything and they still do through the president Hong Sen whose wife is vietnamese. For example a v.n. crony of his issues all tickets to Angor Wat. His company does nothing to maintain the temples but collects almost $50,000.000 p.a. and pays the government only $10,000,000.

Within 20 kms of Angor Wat I visited a school that had a 50% leaking roof, no glass in the windows, one alcoholic teacher, no writing materials and no books.

I see civil strife down the road in Cambodia.

latintopxxx
March 3rd, 2015, 08:53
u dumbass tree hugging fuckwit...at least the fucking commie vietnamese did the right thing..,got rid of the KR....while the rest of the world stood on the sidelines doing nothing.

thaiguest
March 4th, 2015, 01:29
u dumbass tree hugging fuckwit...at least the fucking commie vietnamese did the right thing..,got rid of the KR....while the rest of the world stood on the sidelines doing nothing.

You're the dumb-ass fuckwit-I called them the "murderous" Khemer Rough.

The rest of the world didn't stand on the sidelines doing nothing the "fucking commie" (chinese version, Mao led) caval backed the K R all the way and in the end the leaders got a safe haven in the LOS.

The mistake the KR made was to stage genocidal raids into Vietnam and as a result the got their asses kicked and gave the Vietnamese an opportunity to occupy and control Cambodia.

Once again the victims are the ordinary people of this small country called Cambodia.

But throwing logic to a dumb ass is much like throwing pearls to swine.

lego
March 5th, 2015, 01:29
The Vietnamese invaded Cambodia in the late 70's, kicked out the murderous Khemer Rouge and stayed for 10 years. By the time they left they controlled everything and they still do through the president Hong Sen whose wife is vietnamese. For example a v.n. crony of his issues all tickets to Angor Wat. His company does nothing to maintain the temples but collects almost $50,000.000 p.a. and pays the government only $10,000,000.
You sound a lot like Sam Rainsy, the difference being that he's literate, which makes his rabid tirades a tad more pleasant to read than yours.