PDA

View Full Version : Boystown Hotel

paborn
February 13th, 2015, 04:24
I have not been to Pattaya in many years. I have been going solely to Bangkok, but I need a change. What hotel in Boys town did you use. those many years ago I stayed at the Ambience and was delighted by the rooms and appointments. But I have been hearing mixed reviews, Can anyone, please give me a rundown on the gay hotels in Boys town - the Copa looks good. But, I've very unsure

francois
February 13th, 2015, 10:30
A friend recently stayed at Ambiance in Boyztown and was quite satisfied with the accommodations; and, as usual he was upgraded to a better room.

scottish-guy
February 14th, 2015, 00:49
I've stayed in the penthouses atop Copa Bar/Hotel, and would highly recommend - provided you're not looking for hotel facilities.

Oh, and before MiniMee asks, it was in 1892 :))

goji
February 14th, 2015, 06:09
In the Penthouse you don't even need an alarm clock as you may be woken up early by builders working on constant tacky renovations. Ideal for holidays.

paulfort
February 14th, 2015, 06:30
Hi Mate
I have often stayed at Caf├й Royal which was great but I believe more recently some changes.
Why don't you consider Bann Souy it is not in Boys town but five to ten minutes away on a motorbike taxi, the quality and service is much better, the pool fantastic and also more convenient for Jomtien beach. Guess it depends on what you are looking for but I always used to stay in Boys Town but now find Baan Souy much better in every respect

paborn
February 14th, 2015, 07:51
This sounds interesting, But, what is a motorcycle taxi? is it like a tuk tuk? I want to be near the bars and able to bring a guest back.

Smiles
February 14th, 2015, 09:05
" ... what is a motorcycle taxi? ... "
Oh dear ... god help us.

Let's see: What is 'Chinese New Year'?

paborn
February 14th, 2015, 09:30
I'm sorry, but this makes no sense at all to me. A motorbike taxi to me is the ubiquitous motorcycles in Bangkok that have riders holding on for dear life behind them. However, a motorcycle with a small carriage is a Tuk Tuk and I'm merely asking for clarity not useless derision

Oliver
February 14th, 2015, 10:10
Baan Souy is a beautiful resort but is more expensive than Copa and Ambiance . And it is a considerable distance from Boyztown. I'm not alone in preferring any motor-cy rides I take to be as short as possible.
I agree that the Copa rooms are probably the best in Boyztown but that it is more of an apartment complex than a hotel. There have been a number of staff changes at Ambiance, not all of them welcomed, but it still provides a reliable and convenient base in Boyztown. If only it could do something about the noise from across the soi....why Cafe Royale decided to "open-up" its show bar to the soi is beyond understanding. What's wrong with a wall and door?

francois
February 14th, 2015, 11:20
[attachment=0:sz88lm1s]motorbike_taxi.jpg[/attachment:sz88lm1s]
This sounds interesting, But, what is a motorcycle taxi? is it like a tuk tuk? I want to be near the bars and able to bring a guest back.

Just stay at Ambiance and you will have everything at your fingertips.

Here is a motorbike taxi, the fastest and safest way to travel around Pattaya. :))

http://www.pattaya.net/go/around_pattaya.html#Motorbike

Oliver
February 14th, 2015, 11:57
Yes, one almost knocked me down outside Big C an hour ago......travelling in the wrong direction on a way one street.

TravellerDave
February 14th, 2015, 13:18
Ive stayed at the Ambiance a few times and enjoyed my stays. However you have to accept thats its in an entertainment zone so not so good if you like early nights as there is a lot of noise from the nearby bars which continues after the official closing times.
For a quieter hotel I like the Samsuk Guesthouse. No problem getting around if you are OK with using motor bike taxis. 100% gay and access to the sauna included in the room rate apart from the low priced rooms. Nice relaxing pool area.

francois
February 14th, 2015, 13:36
We all have our special hotels in Pattaya but the OP did ask for hotels in Boyztown and, it seems, is adverse to trusting his life and limbs to travel elsewhere by motorbike taxi, whatever that is.

Smiles
February 14th, 2015, 18:50
" ... and I'm merely asking for clarity not useless derision ... "
Derision is never useless ... just educational.
'Motorcycle Taxi' = A taxi driver who cannot afford a car so he decides a 4-year old Honda Click with shitty brakes and purple vest should do the job.
Actually I was thinking along the lines of 'the spectacularly obvious'.

thaiguest
February 14th, 2015, 20:38

No tuk-tuks, thankfully, in Pattaya.

There are now regular taxis whose minimum charge seems to be 300 baht. These cars open up lots of hotel options in Jomtien and on the way to Jomtien and there are nice places near and in Sunnee Plaza.
Good luck.

paborn
February 15th, 2015, 07:57
Thanks so much for all your information. I think the Copa in a penthouse suite meets my needs, the only thing I have to ask is that a few of you have said that the Copa is more of a serviced apartment than hotel - can anyone explain how that is different as the hotel description seems to include the serves one would need.

Oliver
February 15th, 2015, 10:11
There is no restaurant nor a bar at Copa and the reception is not as professional as at Ambiance. A friend who has stayed at both felt more secure when entertaining guests at Ambiance. His experience in Thailand was limited and this was, to him, an important issue.

paborn
February 16th, 2015, 04:56
Thanks that makes a lot of sense. I'm glad I was able to pin down the exact meaning of Motorbike taxi - over my 30 years going to Bangkok I have seen 3 absolute bloodbath accidents with the motor bikes - seen out the window of my regular taxi I would not go a block on one of those death traps. Ambiance it is, Again many thanks

goji
February 16th, 2015, 05:54
Staying in somewhere like South Pattya, a combination of one's legs and baht buses make motorcycle taxis redundant.