PDA

View Full Version : My SE Asian sojourn (Singapore)

January 31st, 2015, 14:00
We had decided to splurge in Singapore, largely because the best shopping centre in the city for cruising (Raffles City) has two hotels incorporated тАУ the Swissotel Stamford and the Fairmont. The elevators to the hotel rooms can be accessed from multiple floors within the shopping centre for those with a hotel key card тАУ a very useful facility.

Although SingaporeтАЩs MRT does have an offshoot that runs to Changi Airport (and charges standard prices), you have to change two stations up the line and then battle with the Singaporean locals in the crowded carriages. The taxis are cheap and plentiful (and take credit cards).

Gay Singapore isnтАЩt quite as тАЬwhite man friendlyтАЭ as gay Kuala Lumpur, but there were plenty of opportunities; as I say we chose that location for its physical cruising capabilities. The Qantas trolley dollies stay overnight in one of the hotels so be prepared for some competition. (a447 bored the pants off them тАУ literally in one case I believe. I hear tell they drew lots and the loser and he mutually masturbated тАУ a447 wore a condom to be on the safe side - to get rid of him. Getting through his incontinence gear was a major challenge. scottish-guy can probably give generic details). I believe that episode took place in the (joint) hotel spa and sauna which does attract some locals as well as tourists but I gave it a miss.

If anything the Indonesian, Thai and mainland Chinese money boys are more persistent but equally superfluous. Unlike Kuala Lumpur their rates, it would appear, are a sliding scale based on place of origin тАУ Indonesians at the bottom, Thais next, and mainland Chinese commanding the highest prices.

On my last night I saw a young Malay cruising around the shopping centre and its тАЬfacilitiesтАЭ (wink, wink), so using my best Boy Whisperer skills I engaged him in conversation. What he was after, he said, was a room where he could take another young (Chinese) friend for тАЬsome funтАЭ. Who better than me, who had such a room! No, I said, I didnтАЩt want to join in. He consulted (by phone) with his friend who was equally solicitous, it would seem, that I тАУ like dear Oscar in his latter days тАУ would look but not touch.

How wrong I was. It turned out that the friend, far from needing reassurance that I would keep my distance, had wanted reassurance that IтАЩd be joining in! Goodness me some of those Malay boys have big cocks.

When I say тАЬyoungтАЭ by the way I mean he hadnтАЩt yet started his National Service. He was quite old enough to know what he wanted.

The next day it was back to Bangkok. a447 headed off to somewhere he calls тАЬFreoтАЭ so I flew the Singapore-Bangkok leg alone.

What a relief it was to arrive back to the normality of the Thais. The Cambodians were fairly efficient, the Malaysians paperlessly so, the Singaporeans a by-word in efficiency тАУand then thereтАЩs the Thais. To my right, at Don Mueang Immigration, there sat three Immigration officials behind a cordoned-off area marked тАЬTour Group/Visa on ArrivalтАЭ. From time to time in the 30 minutes I stood in my Immigration queue (behind a Macau tour group) one or other of them wandered off to fetch a cup of coffee. None of them stamped a single passport.

This Is Thailand. Welcome to the Land of Smile. And money boys.

Nirish guy
January 31st, 2015, 20:57
Great trip reports and much to my own surprise I throughly enjoyed reading each and every one of them, especially as they had the added twist of there being two of you and reading about the interactions between you and your Watson ( or should have be Sherlock ? on your mutual hunt for fresh meat - all very amusing and enlightening and definitely worth continuing guys - for our reading pleasure if nothing else ! :-)

neddy3
February 5th, 2015, 10:48
Great trip reports and much to my own surprise I throughly enjoyed reading each and every one of them.

Agreed!

Surfcrest
February 6th, 2015, 16:49
Wow...I loved the whole series Kommie! =))
Where's a447 now?

Surfcrest

a447
February 6th, 2015, 17:08
Where's a447 now?

Where I've always been, including the period over which Kommie travelled - in Australia!

February 7th, 2015, 09:46
Where's a447 now?Where I've always been, including the period over which Kommie travelled - in Australia!Don't be so modest a447. I've turned you into someone interesting.

catawampuscat
February 23rd, 2015, 15:18
Great trip reports and much to my own surprise I throughly enjoyed reading each and every one of them.

Agreed!

I'm also surprised. Clever, acerbic poignant prose. Very entertaining