PDA

View Full Version : MY SE Asian sojourn (Kuala Lumpur)

January 31st, 2015, 13:55
The Malaysians have institutionalised their close relationship with New Zealand by embodying Kiwi pronunciation in Malaysian spelling. In Kiwi-speak every тАШaтАЩ is an тАШeтАЩ, every тАШIтАЩ a тАШuтАЩ. In Malaysia they have the teksi (taxi) and stesun (station), to name but two. (I didnтАЩt see any opportunities to dine on тАЬfush & chupsтАЭ however).

The good news on arriving at KLIA2 тАУ the secondary or newer terminal (take your pick) - is that Malaysian border control has gone paperless. No more irritating paper forms with their impertinent questions, just present your passport and have both index fingers scanned. The bad news is KLIA2. It seems to have been built with expansion in mind, and planes arrive at and depart from the furthest gates possible. The terminal itself isnтАЩt so bad apart from the long walk from/to the gates; the most dreadful aspect is the cavernous shopping mall theyтАЩve tacked on the front which makes access to and from check-in, immigration and luggage collection an obstacle course. With poorly-positioned sign-posting itтАЩs a first-time travellerтАЩs nightmare.

The paperless motif continues with the airport express (once you can find it), a non-stop 30-minute journey from the airport to KL Sentral. Those minded can download an App (KLIA Ekspress, what else?), make an in-App purchase of the ticket (roughly 700 baht return) and keep the ticket electronically on their phone to be read by the gates.

We had booked at the Hotel Capitol (http://www.fhihotels.com/index.php/capitol-home) described by Utopia Asia (http://www.utopia-asia.com/acckl.htm) as тАЬgay friendlyтАЭ. If that meant that security didnтАЩt give a second glance as we whisked a succession of Asian boys up to our rooms then, yes, itтАЩs gay friendly. (Well, to be fair, I whisked a succession of Asian boys up to my room. As we know, a447 has already told us I'd never try any funny business in Malaysia (http://sawatdeenetwork.com/forum/post296297.html#p296297)). Unfortunately itтАЩs bang slap in the middle of the construction work for the MRT in Kuala Lumpur, so the route to the main cruising area (again according to Utopia) was another obstacle course.

They claim the area тАУ Bukit Bintang тАУ is a haven for gay cruising. I couldnтАЩt see it. It was just crowded with Asians doing what Asians do best тАУ shopping. All Asian boys by the way are bi-sexual. The more I buy, the more sexual they become. The only noticeable aspect was the strong eau de body odour as we walked past an Arab or Pakistani, who were plentiful. You can distinguish the Pakistanis from Malaysian Indians by the white frocks the men wear. The black crow outfit of their women stands out from the colourfully-dressed Malay women. You know the sort of thing:

[attachment=0:dv5syn59]BlackCrows.jpg[/attachment:dv5syn59]
Kuala Lumpur itself is, however, rice queen heaven. Apart from the trollops from Indonesia, Thailand and mainland China (2000 baht in-call, 3500 baht out-call are the standard quoted prices) there are Chinese and Malay boys lining up on Grindr and JackтАЩd to enjoy the company of the former colonial masters for free. тАЬI like olderтАЭ, тАЬyounger for olderтАЭ and тАЬwhite man onlyтАЭ are common narratives, although they are somewhat balanced out by тАЬno chubsтАЭ and тАЬno oldтАЭ (a447 misses out on both criteria there). Everyone has a smart phone and there seem to be more mobile phone shops per square kilometre than anywhere else in the world.

My first chat on Grindr was тАУ inevitably тАУ from an Indonesian money boy who quoted the standard price mentioned above. When I showed not too much interest he lowered his outcall price by offering to throw in his тАЬboyfriendтАЭ for free and they would come to my hotel. Never one to pass up a bargain I relented, but regretted it within a couple of minutes of everyone stripping off.

The next few days proved how unnecessary it is to take up with money boys in KL, as I had young men (18 тАУ 33) on Grindr offering themselves for free in ones and twos (and on one occasion someone proposed three!). I had a youth pick me up on the monorail that runs through the inner city. A sight-seeing tip, by the way тАУ buy the cheapest ticket for a monorail trip and you can travel from end to end for hours and hours, sight-seeing from above. Unlike Singapore (as we found out) there is no elapsed time recorded from when you enter the monorail system to when you exit.

The monorail itself has some excellent perving opportunities. At one station a Malay family came on board and the rather cute son (16?) sat opposite me and spread his legs in that careless way that some teenage boys do. Gosh did he have a substantial (but loosely packed) lunch.

On our last full day I had a matinee with a Chinese and тАУ wait for it тАУ a Thai for free. Chicken club sandwich anyone?

As with everything, sometimes you have to be patient, but KL rewards that patience in spades. I couldnтАЩt be bothered with Blue Boy or the saunas. Why would you? a447 went every night тАУ so desperate!
One last point. I havenтАЩt picked up on this elsewhere in SE Asia but in KL the boys refer to CF (Chemical Fun); IтАЩm guessing itтАЩs the same as тАЬhiтАЭ or тАЬhigh funтАЭ among the Thais.

pong
February 4th, 2015, 11:36
ALL Malay borderposts are paperless-but they do fingerprints, since over 1 year. Not just Klia2-replacing LCC. Fast train is wel signposted-you can cut the cost to 15 Mr with a stop /break in Putrajaya. The bus-choice of red or yelow. is 10 MR/single, 16 return, and takes just over 1 hr to Sentral. there are also direct buses to many other points in KL.
There Is a time limit on RapidKL tickets-but its 3 or maybe 2 hrs. This safely covers the utmost longest possible ride.