PDA

View Full Version : Getting a nice sun tan in Pattaya - no need for the sun

June 22nd, 2006, 07:18
There is a product on the UK market, which is a self tanning cream Johnsons make it and it has a self-tanning agent in it which takes 2-3 days to get a tan using the moisturiser also, its absolutely brilliant, no need for that St Tropez fake tan or even sun beds or sprays before you go on holiday, this stuff evenly spreads and all that, Johnsons make it, and I think Dove have something on the shelves as do Olay, and it certainly does't look fake, or gold or anything like that. Now I can look gorgeous when I arrive in Pattaya on the first day I go to the beach, I can also sit under the shade and watch everything going on instead of sitting flat out on the front of the deck chairs.

June 22nd, 2006, 09:22
April Fool's prank: give it to your Thai bf and tell him it's whitening cream.

June 22nd, 2006, 10:00
Even better (for holiday visitors), give it to him two days before you leave. (Supposedly it takes 2-3 days to get a tan).

June 22nd, 2006, 10:10
What is it with westerners especially Europeans and tans. White power and all that. I think most tans look sickly. You pick up enough colour just walking around in Thailand wearing factor 30. Just a few weeks ago I broke of my journey in Dubai for a few days and in 40%C+ European tourists were lying around in the full sun greased up to the hilt. These temperatures are enough to irreversibly damage your DNA and crisp fry an egg.

And in Thailand it's the same story. A tan as a status symbol is about as empty as a pair of Hom underpants, and leaves you far too pre-maturely old to even contemplate filling them with any air of dignity. Far safer and much less vulgar even than a fake tan would be to just get a T-shirt saying, I have just come back from Thailand envy me.

June 22nd, 2006, 10:55
Yep, tanning is stupid. Especially in Thailand where the locals want to be white.

June 22nd, 2006, 12:31
There is a product on the UK market, which is a self tanning cream Now I can look gorgeous when I arrive in Pattaya .

I doubt if the cream works miracles it only changes the colour of the skin. :bounce:

June 22nd, 2006, 14:04
Let's face it. Most farangs including most of you here are not white, except those few who are pushing albino status. The majority of Westerners in Thailand are either sporting the wrinkled paper sack look in light or dark tan, or a natural pork pink skin tone. The latter shared pig feature coordinates well with farang physiques. There's nothing wrong with that. Thai Buddhists are fond of pork. What could fit better in Thailand than pigs with wallets.

June 22nd, 2006, 16:01
Were I darker I might loose my my White Goddess status! :albino: :clown: :triplets:
I can't use bleaching creams; they make me itch.
A little blueing helps but don't try radium, especially if you have black-light in your room--Num thought I was the ghost of his Por...wanting his share of the tip, I'd guess, from the way he ran off: much too fast for a merely seeing a ghost.

Household hint: If bleaching cream makes you itch, use it up by using it for for lube. Then you can find Num in the dark...without black-light.

June 22nd, 2006, 18:17
What is it with westerners especially Europeans and tans. White power and all that. I think most tans look sickly. You pick up enough colour just walking around in Thailand wearing factor 30. Just a few weeks ago I broke of my journey in Dubai for a few days and in 40%C+ European tourists were lying around in the full sun greased up to the hilt. These temperatures are enough to irreversibly damage your DNA and crisp fry an egg.

And in Thailand it's the same story. A tan as a status symbol is about as empty as a pair of Hom underpants, and leaves you far too pre-maturely old to even contemplate filling them with any air of dignity. Far safer and much less vulgar even than a fake tan would be to just get a T-shirt saying, I have just come back from Thailand envy me.

That's exactly the reason why "this cream" is ideal!!

June 22nd, 2006, 18:32
Let's face it. Most farangs including most of you here are not white, except those few who are pushing albino status. The majority of Westerners in Thailand are either sporting the wrinkled paper sack look in light or dark tan, or a natural pork pink skin tone. The latter shared pig feature coordinates well with farang physiques. There's nothing wrong with that. Thai Buddhists are fond of pork. What could fit better in Thailand than pigs with wallets.

farang pigs + wallets = pig skin wallets

It's elementary, my dear.

Captain Swing
June 22nd, 2006, 23:30
April Fool's prank: give it to your Thai bf and tell him it's whitening cream.

Funny. Mean, but funny. Reminds me of the boy who refused to use my sun block because he read the label and thought it said "Sun Black". I couldn't convince him otherwise.

June 22nd, 2006, 23:34

That's exactly the reason why "this cream" is ideal!!
Yeah, the cream sounds OK. but I wonder if it work on hairy people.

June 23rd, 2006, 01:10
I picked up some Boots after sun cream without looking at the small print a few weeks ago before i went to BKK.

After 3 days my friend asked me why my hands had gone stripey and i had orange patches on my body.......... damn stuff had tanning cream in it designed to make your natural tan last longer...............as i was various shades of white/red and had been wrecked most nights i hadn`t even noticed lol

June 23rd, 2006, 08:28
Yeah, the cream sounds OK. but I wonder if it work on hairy people

Your supposed to put it on your body, not your head

June 23rd, 2006, 11:07
Isn't there a bit of irony that "WhiteDesire" is anxious to be tan (i.e. not-so-white.) ;-)