PDA

View Full Version : New zoning for public space on Pattaya, Jomtien Beaches

Surfcrest
January 16th, 2015, 01:18
THAILAND'S nationwide beach clean-ups are continuing into the new year with Pattaya and Jomtien receiving a new zoning regulation to reduce the space for beach chairs and umbrellas so as to increase fun areas for holidaymakers.

Suladda Sarutilavan, director of the Tourism Authority of Thailand's Pattaya office, said the new zoning policy is being enforced under a provincial regulation with the objective of providing more public space on the beach and improving the experience of travellers.

Tourists can choose to relax on wide stretches of empty sand or seek out deckchairs and umbrellas in designated areas.

Under the new zoning regulation, Pattaya and Jomtien beaches are now offering 10 metres of public space or sand areas for every 100 metres wide beach-chair zone with each vendor's concession separated from the next by one metre.

The 2.9-kilometre stretch of Pattaya Beach now offers 1.75 kilometres of public space, 60 per cent of the total area. Jomtien Beach is now offering public space of 3.4 kilometres or about 58 per cent of the total 5.9-kilometre stretch.

The remaining areas at both beaches are for deckchairs and umbrella rentals.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/New-zoning-policy-ensures-more-public-space-on-Pat-30251958.html

CStewart
January 19th, 2015, 20:37
Is the new zoning policy having an effect on the gay beach, like Rainbow beach etc. can not think of anything worse than just sitting on an empty beach with not being able to order food or drink.

latintopxxx
January 20th, 2015, 01:10
I do believe that there is room for everyone. Might even make the beach more attractive. Currently its a sea of deck chairs and umbrellas. Not everyone wants to sit in a deck chair or lounge around on a lounger, some prefer a large towel on the sand.

Ivory
January 20th, 2015, 01:31
There is a lot of place at the public beach for thouse one who saving 40 bath by using "large towel"...

llz
January 20th, 2015, 04:29
Beach vendors still defy juntaтАЩs orders at Pattaya and Jomthien

Pattaya City officials say vendors are still defying the military junta's beach clean-up policy as they still operate on restricted open areas on the beach front with more chairs and umbrellas than permitted, and also on Wednesday which is declared a vendor-free day on the beach front.

City officials said after the NCPO began a cleanup policy on Pattaya beach, more tourists were seen to enjoy themselves on the open beach front and the shoreline has become neatly organised.

But they said despite of the reorganisation plan, vendors still were defiant of the regulations by occupying more open spaces on the beach front with more than 37 umbrellas and lounge chairs.
Besides they also operated on Wednesday which was declared vendor-free day on the beach front.

They said if the regulations and rules are still defied, they might impose a 500-million baht fine first, and if the same offence is repeated, violator could face a one week ban from business, or a month if repeated for second or third time.

More on http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/beach-vendors-still-defy-juntas-orders-pattaya-jomthien

(The 500 million baht story is probably a mistake, but you never know ...)

scottish-guy
January 20th, 2015, 08:18
...Not everyone wants to sit in a deck chair or lounge around on a lounger, some prefer a large towel on the sand.

I saw Latintopxxx arrive at Dongtan with his large towel one afternoon:

He literally dragged it across the beach path, then once he had chosen his spot he threw it roughly on the sand, and called it a whore.

He then lay on it for 3 hours, pressing his sweaty arse into it, just taking his pleasure.

When he had finished, he wiped his feet on it, threw some coins on the ground, and walked away.

Smiles
January 20th, 2015, 11:33
" ... (Latintopxxx) literally dragged a towel across the beach path ... threw it roughly on the sand ... called it a whore ... lay on it for 3 hours ... then pressing his sweaty arse into it ... "
I'd call that "rubbing it in". Wouldn't you? B-)

latintopxxx
January 21st, 2015, 00:58
...golden rule...humiliation role play...only in private...remember the whole face thing!!

a447
January 21st, 2015, 15:02
"remember the whole face thing!!" huh?

Who wrote this?

the "boys" at eros r not gonna dance naked unless u rip their shorts off ...slap their arse and push them onto a pedastal...

latintopxxx
January 22nd, 2015, 01:49
since when is eros a private space...for goodness sake..they even let me in there?!...do u even comprehend English or r all your postings done via google translate...would explain some of your inane postings....and btw...when I say slap...I mean a playful slap accompanied by a smile....not an assault as no doubt u will try to imply....

a447
January 22nd, 2015, 08:54
Latin wrote:
since when is Eros a private space

I never said it was. I was referring to the concept of "face."

latintopxxx
January 22nd, 2015, 15:28
...its like talking to a fucking woman...an ever changing moving target......u remind me of why I'm gay....no wonder u r bitter and alone...

a447
January 22nd, 2015, 18:22
But even "a fucking woman" can spot an obvious contradictory post.

llz
January 23rd, 2015, 04:28
Sorry to disturb you kids but ... was the beach closed for "cleaning" last Wednesday ?

mahjongguy
January 23rd, 2015, 07:25
Yes, the vendors were absent again on Wednesday the 31st.

The most recent news article that I saw did not refer to Wednesdays as cleaning day. It said that this was a weekly chance to enjoy the natural scene.

mahjongguy
January 24th, 2015, 06:03
"...vendors were absent again on Wednesday the 31st. "

Typo. Meant to say the 21st.