PDA

View Full Version : Tarntawan Place Hotel. January 2015

ainamor
January 13th, 2015, 19:59
Just a few of my own observations as I have just completed a couple of days stay here.

As always the staff are great, friendly, knowledgeable, efficient and always willing to help. The in-room safes are a big improvement and the rooms are spotless although not luxurious, rooms are serviced within a couple of hours of you dropping the key off when you leave. I noticed that over the past couple of years the bath towels have gone from being soft to fairly rough.

My two personal dislikes are that the water pressure is abysmal, taking a shower is just about acceptable after fiddling about trying to get the hot and cold balance right but anyone wanting to take a bath had better be patient while the tub fills. My biggest dislike was the terrible wifi speed, although free it is practically useless for anyone wanting to do some serious work.

But value for money is still quite good and the location is excellent, but the wifi and water pressure (which has always been a problem) will possibly make me again look over the road at the Tawana on my next visit, I stayed there last year and the price was slightly lower via Agoda than the Tarntawan, the wifi was very impressive and the water pressure superb.

I had hoped the Tarntawan may have resolved the water pressure problem but no such luck.

Oliver
January 14th, 2015, 14:39
I suspect that the water pressure varies from floor to floor. I recall having problems a few years ago (I think on one of the lower floors) but my experience of recent visits was that this has been sorted out.
As for wifi, I have always found it as good as-or better than- anywhere in Thailand....until my last visit, which was less positive. That may have been the result of my using a new tablet. But once again, it may be that the reception (if that's the word) varies from floor to floor.
I have to say that it would take a lot more than this to change hotels.

For poor wifi, Chiang Mai in my experience is unbeatable!

marti
January 15th, 2015, 07:23
I must disagree. This hotel is no bargain and not as clean as was said. The Rose Hotel is much cleaner but has a poor breakfast. I go for a clean room with a good shower. Also, the Rose is cheaper.

ainamor
January 15th, 2015, 10:47
I certainly have no complaints about the cleanliness of the Tarntawan.

Regarding the wifi, had I been on holiday the speed of wifi would not have bothered me, however I am here on business and need to send documents and images and trying to send either of these was more than frustrating.