PDA

View Full Version : which hotel in bangkok to be sure met gay friend

marcoalba
January 13th, 2015, 18:15
I' m arriving another time in Bangkok and like many times before I dont know which gay hotel or hostel to choose to be sure to find friend for a nice night of sex and fun.
Ok Barraks are ok but I would like to find an hostek with sharing rooms where find more than one friend and make averything....I went Q10 two times and I never enjoy....I want just sex for one night I stay Bangkok without going crazy bar or places....my email marcoalba111@yahoo.com

Oliver
January 14th, 2015, 14:44
Have you tried Gay Romeo? Of course, the younger guys there will most likely be money-boys. Babylon is probably the best place to meet other gays. If you didn't like The Barracks, you are even less likely to find what you are looking for in hotels like Tarntawan, which will be full of single falangs hoping to meet Thai guys.

Smiles
January 14th, 2015, 17:01
" ... I'm arriving another time in Bangkok and like many times before I dont know which gay hotel or hostel to choose ... "
Try Malaysia Hotel. Quite notorious (in a good way), which sounds like your cup of tea. << http://www.malaysiahotelbkk.com/ >> From everything I've heard for years the Malayasia is quite active in terms of meeting Thai guys on the prowl.
About a half hour walk on a cool evening to the many gay bars at Silom/Surawong, but tuk tuks galore available in that area.

The aforementioned Babylon Massage & Sauna is very close ~ around the corner ~ to the Malaysia Hotel. They have some rooms for rent as well.

The Pinnacle Lumphini is on the same Soi as Malaysia. It is highly gay but a mix really and not known as a pick up place ... probably only a small chance to meet up a Thai guy there as most are already with a farang. On the other hand, nobody will bat an eye if you bring a guest there.

marti
January 15th, 2015, 08:32
" ... I'm arriving another time in Bangkok and like many times before I dont know which gay hotel or hostel to choose ... "
Try Malaysia Hotel. Quite notorious (in a good way), which sounds like your cup of tea. << http://www.malaysiahotelbkk.com/ >> From everything I've heard for years the Malayasia is quite active in terms of meeting Thai guys on the prowl.
This information is way behind the times and no longer accurate. If you meet a boy at the Malaysia these days it will be a fluke. The hotel management has chased all of the boys away.

Smiles
January 15th, 2015, 11:22
" ... This information is way behind the times and no longer accurate. If you meet a boy at the Malaysia these days it will be a fluke. The hotel management has chased all of the boys away ... "
Really? Is this true? Can anybody confirm ... and how long has this been the case?
I agree Marti that inaccurate information is no help, but in the case of the Malaysia being not-so-much-trade anymore, I'd never heard that.
I'd have thought that the Malaysia's demise as a pick-up spot would have been immediately splashed all over this board, given it's long-standing reputation.

christianpfc
January 15th, 2015, 11:23
Are you looking for Asian or White, pay or free?

but I would like to find an hostek with sharing rooms where find more than one friend and make averything
Do you mean a dorm? Where would you go for sex then, unless you do it in the dorm with others watching.

There is no acitivity at the Malaysia hotel. All boys there are in company of Farang. You might hook up with Farang.

I have been living near Malaysia for almost a year and go in and out meeting friends (Farang on holiday) once or twice per week. Five years ago there was a thriving money boy scene outside, but four years ago two money boys got into a fight that ended deadly for one of them, since then there are close to no boys (in 2014 I spotted a boy a few times outside obviously looking for customers).

The story is here: http://guttersnipedas.blogspot.com/2011 ... chive.html (http://guttersnipedas.blogspot.com/2011_02_01_archive.html)
(I chatted with Joseph many times in early 2011, but not about this incident because I didn't know he ws a witness, actually I didn't even know about this incident until about a year later, on my subsequent holidays he was gone.)

Bucky reported about hook ups at Babylon Barracks, I have no personal experience.

BBB Inn (near Soi Twilight on Rama 4) has massage boys around the clock, some of them my type.

Surfcrest
January 15th, 2015, 16:05
I think it's all perspective.

Yes, the Malaysia Hotel has changed significantly if the draw for you was the late night trade downstairs in the common areas or outside. The Malaysia Hotel has been around for quite some time. It's where I first stayed over 20 years ago when I first started coming here and it's the "gayest" hotel I've ever stayed at anywhere in the world. There had always been freelancers around, but quite frankly...I've never seen anything of the lot that caught my attention. I mean, there's a reason they are freelancers. So yes, they've chased those ones away but that's sort of an improvement. Late at night the BIB would come in and take up a table or two. I preferred their company, they were quieter and didn't try to grope you in the can.

Last time I was in Bangkok for any length of time I stayed at the Pathumwan Princess Hotel in MBK. I'm not one for "offing" guys in Bangkok anymore and so I'm not looking to bring anyone from the bar or sauna home afterwards. The biggest thing I missed about staying at the Malaysia Hotel though, was not going downstairs late at night to have a simple bite and a beer at the Malay Caf├й. Even now, whenever I'm in Bangkok, I like to go back and have a bite or a beer at the Caf├й. Most of the staff working there have been there for many, many years...and surprisingly enough, they have a good memory.

For me, the Pathumwan was convenient..an elevator ride to MBK...an easy walk to the BTS and at a junction for different trains and different directions. Time is my most precious thing and so the walk from the Malaysia to the MRT and then transferring to the BTS (for different directions) was what made me switch. That and the Malaysia's beds, my back couldn't take it anymore.

I'm not sure "Gay Friendly" really matters or applies all that much in Thailand. Same with finding a gay friend, unless you expect to find a Bathhouse like Hotel...in which case you might check our the Babylon Barracks. As Christianpfc said though, Bucknaway is the best source for info on the Barracks.

Surfcrest

LoveThailand
January 15th, 2015, 16:15
" ... This information is way behind the times and no longer accurate. If you meet a boy at the Malaysia these days it will be a fluke. The hotel management has chased all of the boys away ... "
Really? Is this true? Can anybody confirm ... and how long has this been the case?
I agree Marti that inaccurate information is no help, but in the case of the Malaysia being not-so-much-trade anymore, I'd never heard that.
I'd have thought that the Malaysia's demise as a pick-up spot would have been immediately splashed all over this board, given it's long-standing reputation.

No boys there - at least recent 3 years.
The only time I saw hustlers was at a small smoking spot at the parking lot in front of Malaysia during daytime. There were one or two - and they were really scary - obviously with some drug problems and looked like nobody anybody in their right mind will consider having sex with. It was one time occurrence.

Phred
January 16th, 2015, 18:20
On my last stay at the Malaysia a couple of years ago I noticed a distinct change in clientele. It had been a couple of years before that since my last stay which sounds like around the time christianpfc is referring to some incident there.

My stays there go back a dozen years or more. The last time I was there I found large tour groups of breeders in the lobby (I forget what race. Chinese? I doubt it but maybe). The Malaysia had seemed to really lose the majority gay feeling I detected for all the previous years. It seemed devoid of freelancers and not many bois with falong in the lobby or coffee shop as in past years. (The lack of freelancers was fine with me as I would never consider it anyway).

That said, even with the party atmosphere gone, the Malaysia was mostly the same as before, albeit with changes in the personnel. Still a good budget option and close the the Babylon if you visit there. Just not what it was in the heydays.

But then, what is anymore?

joebikeruk
January 19th, 2015, 23:10
stayed last fornight at the Pinnacle but ate every other night in the Malaysia Hotel, the restaurant food has vastly improved since two years ago. There were no money boys to be seen at all but I had always left before midnight, so I don't know if the post DJ station crowd pile in the restaurant later. Many guys with their boys obviously staying. The Telephone and Balcony were quiet apart from Christmas week, in all had 6 weeks in Thailand, cold wind and quiet!!