PDA

View Full Version : Dreamboys Bar Bangkok

Wim888
January 9th, 2015, 12:38
I am planning a trip to Bangkok soon. Could someone provide an update about Dreamboy Bar in Bangkok. This has been one of my favorite bars, and I always find a few guys there that are very attractive and appealing.

A couple questions:
1. How many guys do they have on weekends now? Are many of the boys heavily tattooed? During recent visits, many of the guys had many tattoo [I dislike tattoos.]
2. Do they still have the tedious lady-boy shows and absurd fuck shows? I find these shows boring, and leave before they begin.
3. What are the off fees and expected tips for short term?

Any comments would be great appreciated. Thanks.

BOY69
January 10th, 2015, 14:52
I am planning a trip to Bangkok soon too . Could someone provide an update about The Boys Bangkok bar too ?
It used to be my favorite in the past, great selections of boys and very good shows .

christianpfc
January 10th, 2015, 20:10
You (OP) have been planing for a while: dreamboys-and-jupiter-t30846.html (http://sawatdeenetwork.com/forum/dreamboys-and-jupiter-t30846.html)

As far as I know, off fee is 650 and expected tip 3000 for short time. All second hand information, I don't go there (reasons in link above).

rtu55
January 11th, 2015, 03:57
and expected tip 3000 for short time. All second hand information,

Did you by mistake type a 3 instead of a 2? Or has the already high prices in that bar gone absolutely crazy now with short time tip raised from 2000 to 3000?

Sen Yai
January 11th, 2015, 15:33
To answer some of wim888's questions:

1a. There are about 70 or more boys on stage at both Dream Boys and Boys Bangkok these days.
1b. Many have tatoos although noticable fewer than a few years ago. The craze for body art seems to have passed and most tatoos on Thais now are ionly of religious significance, as in the past.
2. There are still lady boy shows and fuck shows at Dream Boys and they still have the very acrobatic dance troope too. The fuck shows were off the agenda for a while, but have now been reinstated in most bars.
2. Off fees are THB600 and tips are, as always, 'up to you'. A few years ago, when the off fee was more like THB400, most punters were willing to pay THB1,200~THB1,500 as a tip. i.e. 3x or 4x the of fee. Now that the off fee is THB600, as the Americans say: 'you do the math'.

For BOY69; the above applies to Boys Bangkok too. For a few years now, these two bars have been run as a single venue, with the evening starting at Dream Boys and everyone asked to move downstairs to Boys Bangkok after the end of the 10:30 show. Boys, performers and all staff are common to both locations. There are times when both bars are run independently and concurrently; the recent busy period over Xmas/New Year being a case in point.

Wim888
January 11th, 2015, 17:14
Thanks for the update about Dream Boys.

I like the bar because they always seem to have at least a couple guys that I find very attractive. The fees and expected tips are high, but the guys I have offed have been great.

In the distant past [about 20 years ago], I was able to go to Thailand 2 or 3 times a year, but in recently I have only been able to go to Thailand once every 18 months or so. Many bars seem to change rapidly, so I appreciate the updates.

I just wish that Dream Boys would stop the boring and tedious lady boy and fuck shows that seem to go on for hours. Does anyone really enjoy these shows?

christianpfc
January 11th, 2015, 22:34
and expected tip 3000 for short time. All second hand information,

Did you by mistake type a 3 instead of a 2? Or has the already high prices in that bar gone absolutely crazy now with short time tip raised from 2000 to 3000?
No mistake, but I don't remember where and when I heard/read about this. I have heard/read about other bars in Soi Twilight steering towards 2000 short time.

gerefan2
January 12th, 2015, 21:28
2000 short time is the correct figure. Dont pay more.

latintopxxx
January 13th, 2015, 00:58
...there is no correct figure...all is negotiable..

Blueskytoday
January 13th, 2015, 08:19
Well 2000 Baht for a short time..I THINK "NOT"

latintopxxx
January 13th, 2015, 12:03
bluesky...omg...I love u?!?!?!

christianpfc
January 14th, 2015, 21:25
2000 short time is the correct figure. Dont pay more.
I don't even pay 2000, I pay 1500 when I take a boy from a bar, and 1000 for subsequent direct arrangements.

But there are reports of Jupiter and Tawan boys asking for (demanding?) 2000 for short time, which makes 3000 for ST in Dream Boys plausible.

egel
January 14th, 2015, 23:38
which makes 3000 for ST in Dream Boys plausible.
No it doesnt make it plausable. It makes it a rip off!
They may ask 3000 but DONT pay it

thaiguest
January 16th, 2015, 03:49
which makes 3000 for ST in Dream Boys plausible.
No it doesnt make it plausable. It makes it a rip off!
They may ask 3000 but DONT pay it

The fact is than some newbie westerners and rich asians will pay it....and the boys and the bars will follow the money. It's only business after all.

christianpfc
January 16th, 2015, 13:43
Information from a friend who reads but doesn't post here and who has been in Dream Boys recently: He has been quoted 3000 for ST by boy and mamasan independently and it seems there is agreement amongst them not to go for less.

BOY69
January 16th, 2015, 19:53
3000 BHT is an outrage!
Simply don't ask, pay what you believe is the correct amount and not more .

christianpfc
January 18th, 2015, 00:00
Correction: 3000 is for long time in Dream Boys. That leaves the question: how much do they want for ST?

Last year I had a boy from Classic who wanted 2500 for LT, but quickly accepted 2000 (we didn't discuss in advance, only when he departed the subject arose).

BOY69
January 18th, 2015, 02:39
IMO the right figure for ST is 1200-1500 BHT :-?

rtu55
January 18th, 2015, 03:44
According to a post on Gaybutton forum Dreamboys Bangkok now raised their drinkprice to 450 baht for first drink, 350 baht for second, and off-fee 800 baht.

egel
January 18th, 2015, 20:29
...and I bet they will be the first Thai bar to hit the 1000 Bt Off fee. Wont be long now! :(

bucknaway
January 18th, 2015, 23:10
Dreamboys, Taiwan and Jupiter have all become to expensive for me to put on my bar hopping list. I may visit once a year but no more than that.

neddy3
January 19th, 2015, 10:33
...and I bet they will be the first Thai bar to hit the 1000 Bt Off fee. Wont be long now! :(

Wow! getting pricey!

This bar always seems to be the price leader in the soi.
Other places then follow the lead.

scottish-guy
January 19th, 2015, 23:50
Some years ago I happened to still be in Screw Boy when the nightly "wages" were being doled out to the boys who remained at closing time. Let me assure you all (because I saw it with my own eyes) that a nights pay was well under 100B at that time.

More recently in Pattaya, a boy told me he got 3000B per month, if he worked every night except his 1 day off per week.

Point is, we all accept that the bar owner must be compensated for losing a worker if he is taken off - but at 800B and rising, the reported off fee certainly represents a handsome profit on the boys wages, by a large multiple

Bar owners are quick to defend themselves against any allegation that they are simply pimps.

They're right, at these prices, many might say they are actually ponces

:))

MiniMee
January 20th, 2015, 03:23
Some years ago...
Was that in the last millennium?

More recently in Pattaya....
тАжeverything is relative.

The ponces would only make large profits if they were able to pimp the boys everyday at THB800 and only pay them THB700 per week. If the boy only scores one off per week, then the ponceтАЩs margin is only THB 100.

The fact is that these days (not that scottish-guy would know) the average bar boy is only offed a few times a month and the days when a bar SuperStar might be offed a few times a night are long gone.

So, just like a breakfast buffet in a hotel (and I mean a decent hotel, not a doss house in Sunee) the $20 cost does not equate to a large profit on the perhaps $5 of food consumed, but covers the cost of the food left untouched as well. At a breakfast buffet, just like a go-go bar, we all expect to see a wide choice available and donтАЩt want to be left with the last morsels on the platter. We therefore have to pay a premium to cover the overall cost of the offer.

scottish-guy
January 20th, 2015, 08:10
In MicroMee's eagerness to continue his pathetic one-way feud with me, he's completely missed the point that even when the boy is NOT offed he is making profit for the bar!

If he is a waiter, he will be serving and maybe flirting with customers, encouraging us to buy as many of those profitable drinks as he can - for ourselves and possibly him too.

If he is a gogo boy, it's the gogo show of which he forms part that attracts us in - again to buy as many of those profitable drinks as they can tease/cajole us into buying - for ourselves and often the boy/s.

Yet MicroMee has accounted for the boy (on non-offed nights) as purely a liability in terms of wages.

It's because of that funamental error that his incredibly simplistic equation of 1 x 800B (Off) - 700B (weekly wage) = the boy generating only 100B profit for the bar in a week, falls on its metaphorical cunt - because he's completely failed to account for the profit generated by the boy on those nights he is not offed.

The boy is a potential profit generator for the bar every moment he is working - the possibility of an 800B off fee for a 100B nightly wage is simply the substantial icing on the cake.

:ymparty:

a447
January 20th, 2015, 15:29
Minimee wrote
the days when a bar SuperStar might be offed a few times a night are long gone.

No, they are not. And what makes you say that?

Just drop into Sunny Boys and you'll see their SuperStar - the young skinny guy with the very dark skin. He's in and out of the bar all night, much to the chagrin of the other guys. I'm guessing he's a bottom.

rtu55
January 20th, 2015, 18:48
Just drop into Sunny Boys and you'll see their SuperStar - the young skinny guy with the very dark skin. He's in and out of the bar all night, much to the chagrin of the other guys. I'm guessing he's a bottom.

Yes, and that bar doesn┬┤t charge 450 for a drink, 800 off-fee and demand 2000-3000 tip for short time.
IMHO I think reasonable pricing is better both for boy and customer.

latintopxxx
January 21st, 2015, 00:54
...believe ak47 has the Thai mindset.." less customer..no problem...raise prices...problem solved"

colmx
January 21st, 2015, 01:50

Funny you should mention him... I was chatting to 2 of the boys in SB the other day and they both pointed him out as being the bar superstar
I saw him working a customer - and for someone that looks so young... he really knows how to reel them in!

According to a post on Gaybutton forum Dreamboys Bangkok now raised their drinkprice to 450 baht for first drink
I can confirm that I also saw this pricng in DB Bkk on Saturday night... Now being sold as an "entry ticket"

a447
January 21st, 2015, 07:29
I could never see the attraction of the Sunny Boy superstar. Nothing special at all for me.

rtu55 wrote
I think reasonable pricing is better for both boy and customer

In the past I've seen lots of boys offed from Dreamboys by farangs. However, the new clientele - mainly Chinese couples/groups - seem to be content to just gawk, giggle and guzzle - I've seen very few leaving the bar with an off. Yet when I was there a few weeks ago for the "show" I saw only about 20 guys left in the bar - some very attractive. Were the others offed? If so, by whom if not the Chinese who tend to make up 90% of the customers from what I've seen. Do many of the boys just give up and go home?

Ridiculous drink prices can hardly be good for the working guys, as it is keeping many of those "offing" farangs from entering the bar in the first place. And how many of them would be willing to off a guy when told the off fee is 800 baht and that the boy expected 2000 ST?

But does the German care? Is he content to just make a fortune every night from drink sales?

I had more fun in Space Bar than I've ever had in Dreamboys - and a beer only cost about 45 baht!!

christianpfc
January 21st, 2015, 09:36
So, just like a breakfast buffet in a hotel (and I mean a decent hotel, not a doss house in Sunee) the $20 cost does not equate to a large profit on the perhaps $5 of food consumed, but covers the cost of the food left untouched as well. At a breakfast buffet, just like a go-go bar, we all expect to see a wide choice available and donтАЩt want to be left with the last morsels on the platter. We therefore have to pay a premium to cover the overall cost of the offer.
An interesting comparison, will keep it in mind. I use the following comparison: boys, other staff and sometimes even the owner/manager of the gogo bar are like cashiers in a bank, they see large amounts of money going through, but most of it is for overpriced rent and bribes. If prostitution was legalized, prices could drop considerably. Saranrom and Beach Road show that the price for prostitution is much lower (500 Baht Saranrom, no experience with ladies on Beach Road), and Sunee Plaza shows that for a few hundred Baht more you can sit and have a drink.

Another point to think about: if I were a prostitute, I would rather have one customer at 2000 Bath short time than two customers at 1000 Baht short time.

Sounds like my type ("pubescent anorexic", a friend once said). Is he new or has he been around there or other bars before?

a447
January 21st, 2015, 14:45
I don't know his history, but judging from the way he works the customers, he's been....around!

latintopxxx
January 21st, 2015, 15:00
...just my type....who the hell wants a virgin...I'm no trainer...give me a good slutty "boy"..

January 21st, 2015, 15:54
If prostitution was legalized, prices could drop considerably.This is arrant nonsense. Prices for prostitutes are fairly standard the world over when compared to other commodities that make up standard cost-of-living baskets. Whether prostitution is legal or not has little impact - certainly not a "considerable" one. I'm sure that a447 will leap into the debate here (can't help himself but there you are) because (per Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prostitution_in_Australia)) prostitution is legal in some Australian states and illegal in others yet I'd be prepared to wager that there are not "considerable" differences in prices between the States, other than based on market forces eg. communities made up largely of men such as mining towns may have higher prices because supply is scarcer but that situation usually works itself out over time, as more prostitutes go to the area.

a447
January 21st, 2015, 17:57
Thank God, Kommie. I thought you'd forgotten about me!

Prices for prostitutes are fairly standard the world over when compared to other commodities that make up standard cost-of-living baskets.

Do you have any evidence to support that claim, or is it simply yet another one of your sweeping generalisations?

communities made up largely of men such as mining towns may have higher prices because supply is scarcer but that situation usually works itself out over time, as more prostitutes go to the area.

Really? You don't say! Wow, who would have ever thought of that?!.......lol

latintopxxx
January 22nd, 2015, 01:46
...oh dear...pigs do fly after all....I find myself in the most un comfortable position of being in aagreement with AK47. Have to say the "boys" are most definitely cheaper in Thailand...cheapest arse to be had by far....and with a smile too....would say that Cape Town and Rio are eastern europe would be next in line...in Holland/Germany u get almost nothing for 100euro.

January 22nd, 2015, 12:41
I can confirm from personal experience that prosies are the same price all over Australia but you have to remember that in Thailand us farang are subject to the dreaded dual pricing Thai guys pay much less for a Thai prosie than we do

January 22nd, 2015, 13:03
Do you have any evidence to support that claimI was a contributor to the OECD study on CPI and other indices pricing and we certainly looked at prostitution; I was happy to do some of the (member governments funded) research myself as that's the sort of selfless guy I am. You can read the paper for yourself but it's very light on about illegal/immoral activities - too sensitive for some politicians. However there's currently a debate within the EU about the extent to which prices from the informal or "black" economy should be reflected in a nation's accounts.

As you know I don't give a rat's arse (another wonderful phrase I've picked up from associating with you) whether you believe me or not but I was interested to see you very carefully avoided taking up my wager about prices in Australia.

Something no doubt we can discuss over coffee one day.

a447
January 22nd, 2015, 14:23
I avoided your wager about prices in Australia because I have no idea what prostitutes charge here. I'm not all that interested in having sex with non-Asian guys and have no interest in women.

You used the expression " the world over," but none of the S.E.Asian countries we refer to on this board is a member of the OECD or the EU! You appear to be extrapolating data from those two organisations and applying it to the destinations commonly discussed on this forum.

So, you seem to have made yet another generalisation.

January 22nd, 2015, 15:28
So, you seem to have made yet another generalisation.No "seem" about it, I have extrapolated and inferred that economics, like gravity, works the same way the world over.

MiniMee
January 24th, 2015, 18:53
Silly scottie. In a thread discussing the rising costs of offs and tips you first you prattle on about ponces and pimps profiteering from the higher off fees and state that:

Point is, we all accept that the bar owner must be compensated for losing a worker if he is taken off - but at 800B and rising, the reported off fee certainly represents a handsome profit on the boys wages, by a large multiple
But then, when challenged, you change the subject and start taking about bar owners running their businesses by employing staff to sell drinks to customers. This could hardly be described as sharp practice but you then argue that:

...the point that even when the boy is NOT offed he is making profit for the bar!
Everyone can see that even the most mild-mannered and congenial ma├оtre d' might object to being called a ponce by you in these circumstances.

...the days when a bar SuperStar might be offed a few times a night are long gone.No, they are not. And what makes you say that?
From my own observations, which seem to be the same as your own:
In the past I've seen lots of boys offed from Dreamboys by farangs. However, the new clientele - mainly Chinese couples/groups - seem to be content to just gawk, giggle and guzzle - I've seen very few leaving the bar with an off. Yet when I was there a few weeks ago for the "show" I saw only about 20 guys left in the bar - some very attractive.
But now you too have changed the subject to a small bar in Pattaya and observed that:
Just drop into Sunny Boys and you'll see their SuperStar - the young skinny guy with the very dark skin. He's in and out of the bar all night, much to the chagrin of the other guys. I'm guessing he's a bottom. Do you have any other examples? No one else has mentioned them? Whilst it is good to hear that a SuperStar does still exist, one swallow does not a summer make.
Come on scottie - surely you can make one of your hilarious puns from that line.

a447
January 24th, 2015, 20:51
You mentioned "a SuperStar" and I gave you an example of a SuperStar.

You want another one? Ok. The guy I spend my Pattaya holidays with is also a SuperStar in a certain bar and he gets offed every night. That's why I have to book him months in advance. It's also why I pay him so well; to compensate for the customers he misses out on. I wrote in my Pattaya Report that every fucking farang in Pattaya seems to know him; he meets them when we go out together to beer bars, restaurants or just walking around Sunee at night. If you saw him, you'd know why.

Want another one? Ok. The handsome guy with the gold chain who works at Good Boys is also a SuperStar. The action occurs on the premises- he's married with kids so is not offable as far as I know - but he still has 2 or 3 customers every night, or so he tells me. Again, if you saw him, you'd know why.

So your observations are definitely not the same as mine. If SuperStars were once offed a few times a night, tell me - what happened to change that? And don't limit your answer to Soi Twilight; there are other places, you know!

And where on earth did I "change the subject?" The "subject," as I understood from your post, related to SuperStars in general. Where in your post did you limit it to Dreamboys, to the exclusion of all the other gogo bars, including those in Pattaya?

MiniMee
January 24th, 2015, 22:19
Calm down dear! DonтАЩt get your knickers in a knot over this!

You mentioned "a SuperStar" and I gave you an example of a SuperStar.
Actually, I mentioned тАЬa bar SuperStarтАЭ and I was talking in generalities, as you recognise in your last paragraph above:

...I understood from your post related to SuperStars in general.

Where in your post did you limit it to Dreamboys, to the exclusion of all the other gogo bars, including those in Pattaya?
Yes, you are right, I didnтАЩt place any limitations and I readily accepted you one example:

Whilst it is good to hear that a SuperStar does still exist, one swallow does not a summer make.

But the title of this thread is Dreamboys Bar Bangkok and every post in the thread remained on subject (apart from SG of course), until you mentioned a bar in Pattaya. But thatтАЩs OK, no one objected, including me.

If SuperStars were once offed a few times a night, tell me - what happened to change that?
Now youтАЩre asking me?! My guess is as good as yours or anyone elseтАЩs. There was a time, many years ago, when many bars (even in Pattaya!) had a number of SuperStars who could score an off soon after opening time from some elderly punter in need of good rodgering before tucking himself up in bed, with a cup of Horlicks, all before 10:30pm. The SuperStar could then pop back to the bar and score another off and, if he could leave that punter quickly with an excuse about his room mate loosing his key or some other nonsense, he might score another off from a lonely late night bar-hopper before closing.

So whatтАЩs changed? Well, from my own observations (which are similar to yours as far as Dreamboys is concerned) there are just fewer punters around that come to the bars with the intention of offing and the popular bars are filled with folk who just come to look. My own observations are reflected by all the posts I have read on the message boards in recent years that confirm that there are fewer punters around (in Bangkok and Pattaya) and there is very rarely (I wonтАЩt say never!) any talk of bar SuperStars, when once it was a frequent topic.

ThatтАЩs all. Take it easyтАж.

Surfcrest
January 25th, 2015, 00:57
Prices for prostitutes are fairly standard the world over when compared to other commodities that make up standard cost-of-living baskets. Whether prostitution is legal or not has little impact - certainly not a "considerable" one.
I think anywhere you go there's going to be a range. For example; I could pick up a guy off the street here in our "boystown" and settle up for $60 Canadian or I could go online to "Men4Rent" and find one for $200 - $300 / short time. Not that Thailand has the same structure as Canada, but it is likely that there are more establishments out there like Dreamboys with a proportionate amount more of "high class hookers". It's definitely a good business move if you want to appeal to the Chinese tourists with money and who would prefer that the boys they picked up were out of the price range for the usual farang market.

Surfcrest