PDA

View Full Version : Flight costs slashed from regional UK

scottish-guy
January 6th, 2015, 14:47
Booking flights to HCMC the other day, I was amazed to find savings of ┬г100-200 (compared to last year) on June flights from UK - so I checked flights to BKK and they are also currently showing some remarkable savings:

EG: Edinburgh/Glasgow to BKK for under ┬г400 on Ethihad or Qatar - or ┬г450 with Emirates (┬г200 cheaper than last year). Other unusual thing is that prices ex London are not significantly cheaper (in fact dearer when you factor in cost of getting to London)

My own booking to HCMC on Emirates ( via Dubai and with minimal layovers) was over ┬г100 cheaper than 2013, and I could have saved another ┬г50 had I travelled on Qatar with 9hr layover on return flight (personally, not ideal)

So the message is - if you're thinking of flying to BKK ex UK (esp from regional airport) - there are some fantasic bargains to be had right now!

Of course I am talking about Economy fares only - my name's not Tobi

:))

paperboy
January 7th, 2015, 05:59
yes ive noticed it too, i fly from madrid and im getting quoted about 450 euros
thats about 350 quid your money. Great bargains for june
cant wait bring it on

marti
January 7th, 2015, 07:49
You avatar shows that you persist in being a poor looser. Scotland will never achieve what you desire because the Scots are not capable of governing themselves.

arsenal
January 7th, 2015, 09:57
Marti. What has SGs avatar and a done and dusted referendum got to do with this post? For those of you tempted by these low fares I can tell you that the quality of nice looking boys in Pattaya has never been higher. I usually run out of boys I want to off before my trip ends but not this time.

Halfhansum
January 7th, 2015, 15:34
Yes, i was amazed last year to get a flight with Gulf Air, for ┬г420, but this year, out of season,i see flights for ┬г390 .
You would have to pay almost that amount for a return Rail ticket from the south of England to Scotland,but of course, most people are trying to get OUT of Scotland ...lol

scottish-guy
January 8th, 2015, 00:08
You avatar shows that you persist in being a poor looser. Scotland will never achieve what you desire because the Scots are not capable of governing themselves.

The Scottish education system has at least left me "capable" of spelling the word "loser" - which is more than you can do, my sweet.

Now, do you have anything relevant to contribute?

:ymparty:

... most people are trying to get OUT of Scotland ..

Clearly you have Kommentariat working as your researcher:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-20754750

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-27409414

:ymparty: :ymparty:

Meantime, while you two troll the thread, prices continue to fall with EDI-BKK now under ┬г390 return with Qatar and no long layover in Doha (just over 16 hours each way)

Halfhansum
January 8th, 2015, 01:51
You have to wonder how they make it pay at those prices ..
My flight with Gulf Air, was not only very cheap, but good connection times, good food, and on three of the legs, the plane was half empty, so I got two seats to stretch out in .
(Only joking Scottish ..I love Scotland ..)

scottish-guy
January 8th, 2015, 02:07
Yes, HH - haven't flown Gulf Air myself but have flown Emirates, Etihad, and Qatar to BKK and Vietnam - and its really hard to beat the Arab airlines for price and service (compared to my experiences with EVA, Austrian, and KLM)

However, last time I checked (some years ago) I noticed (at least) one Arab airline which wouldn't serve alcohol - can't remember which, but wouldn't it be a tragedy to end up on it! :))

paperboy
January 8th, 2015, 06:25
well thats me all booked, 449 euros return with emerites, madrid - bkk
bring it on june

scottish-guy
January 8th, 2015, 07:49
well thats me all booked, 449 euros return with emerites, madrid - bkk
bring it on june

Wow, Paperboy - ┬г350!! Astonishing!

If it's mid to end June, pop over to Vietnam and say hi :))

Surfcrest
January 8th, 2015, 15:08
Perhaps these low flight prices are somewhat related to the lowest price we've seen in oil since 2009. The price of gas here has dipped to just above 1 dollar Canadian / litre and we're a big fuel stop for air traffic crossing the Pacific. The price of gas hasn't even caught up with the current price of crude and crude is predicted to dip as low as 40 US a barrel, setting us up for even lower fuel prices and flight prices later on this year.

Surfcrest

scottish-guy
January 8th, 2015, 16:33
Rather inconsistent that THIS thread, which relates to pricing of REAL flights from Europe to Thailand (highly relevant to a section of the membership), has been shunted off the main board and moved to a place where very few will see it - whilst a thread about entirely fictitious direct flights between UK and Udon Thani, remains in situ on the main board. :))

As for the oil price affecting flight prices, of course there is a connection but I'd be surprised if that alone accounts for these massive price reductions. You'll find some "experts" predicting $40 a barrel, but equally you'll find others predicting a price RISE. What all these oil experts have in common is that (like the economic experts before the crash) virtually none of them saw it coming

paperboy
January 8th, 2015, 17:32
hey
thanks for the invite scottish, but i will be there only for 4 weeks and will be in BKK - sean reap - patataya - BKK

next time.

counting down the days

Surfcrest
January 10th, 2015, 00:41
Rather inconsistent that THIS thread, which relates to pricing of REAL flights from Europe to Thailand (highly relevant to a section of the membership), has been shunted off the main board and moved to a place where very few will see it - whilst a thread about entirely fictitious direct flights between UK and Udon Thani, remains in situ on the main board. :))

As for the oil price affecting flight prices, of course there is a connection but I'd be surprised if that alone accounts for these massive price reductions. You'll find some "experts" predicting $40 a barrel, but equally you'll find others predicting a price RISE. What all these oil experts have in common is that (like the economic experts before the crash) virtually none of them saw it coming
Actually, apart from an occasional reference to Thailand...from a search for a flight price to HCM, there isn't much "Thailand" or "Gay Thailand" there. Sorry, just calling it like it is! I'd be happy to move it back, if it's going to have more of a "Thai" connection apart from paperboy's reference to his upcoming trip...as long as the usual suspects don't complain about it being moved back.

Like a lot of people, I have quite a bit of oil in my portfolio and I'm certainly no economic expert...but I've been hearing about economic troubles bound for Russia and tumbling oil prices for some time. I spend an incredible amount on fuel costs through my business and so a 30% to 40% reduction is pretty significant as of today, especially for the air cargo side of the business. I don't add a fuel surcharge when prices go up and so a sale is the best way to pass on these temporary savings to the customer, rather than adjusting the base price with fuel costs built in.

Gas here is now below 1 dollar / litre...since my last post. Prices continue to fall, which leads me to believe (given that the price of crude is expected to fall to 40 dollars US / barrel) that theses great flight prices you are seeing now are only going to get cheaper with a bit of time. They look cheap now as we ride the glide slope of prices down, but how will they look in a few weeks, months when oil prices / flight prices continue to get cheaper?

Surfcrest

scottish-guy
January 10th, 2015, 01:32
Of course, if we start using 2/3rds of a post to speculate on whether oil prices are likely to fall further before inevitably rising again, we really ARE getting away from anything Thailand oriented aren't we? :))

Half my original post related to the cost of flights from UK to BKK - just saying like

Halfhansum
January 10th, 2015, 14:29
Just to clarify, my flight was from Heathrow to Swampy, and I just Assumed everyone would assume the same ..Just saying ...

Brad the Impala
January 10th, 2015, 16:19
Trailfinders in London have advised of a 6 day Cathay Pacific sale from today. Cathay are regularly rated one of the top five airlines on which to travel.

Sample flights, London to Bangkok for Economy, Premium Economy and Business are from ┬г399, ┬г1,141, ┬г1,626. Flight from Manchester are ┬г30 less!

http://www.trailfinders.com/latestoffer/New-Cathay-Pacific-Sale---just-6-days-to-book!

scottish-guy
February 9th, 2015, 16:19
How about this - seen @ Thomas Cook on an afternoon stroll along my local High Street on Saturday:

Sept 2015: 10 nights in Pattaya 4 Star accom inc b/fast, flights ex GLA, transfers etc ┬г669

Amazingly - less than the cost of last year's equivalent airfare alone!

scottish-guy
April 24th, 2015, 19:12
Email from Emirates today led to this webpage offering flights to BKK ex LGW b4 30th June from ┬г399

If you have time to spare (and the inclination) - if you book via Budget Air via Topcashback (I've done this b4 and it works), you'll save another ┬г12 on the same fare = ┬г387

http://www.emirates.com/uk/english/destinations_offers/special_offers/special_fares/special_fares.aspx

scottish-guy
November 3rd, 2015, 00:50
Prices have been creeping up a little but still great value compared to a couple of years ago.

Today I managed to book Aug/Sept 2016 GLA-BKK with Emirates for ┬г539 - with the BEST times (as they're notorious for heavily up-pricing their shortest duration trips)

With this advance notice of (some of) my 2016 plans, Mini Mee will no doubt be soaking his Tena Lady in excitement.

With talk of abolishing APD tax in Scotland - I might even get a rebate!

scottish-guy
November 3rd, 2015, 16:00
Senility is clearly progressing rapidly - I paid nothing of the sort - I paid ┬г459

:-s

MiniMee
November 7th, 2015, 15:49
Today I managed to book Aug/Sept 2016 GLA-BKK with Emirates for ┬г539 - with the BEST times (as they're notorious for heavily up-pricing their shortest duration trips)

With this advance notice of (some of) my 2016 plans, Mini Mee will no doubt be soaking his Tena Lady in excitement.

Spotty, I have absolutely no interest in your future travel plans and I never have. (Although I am amused to read your announcement of intention to travel nearly one year in advance, whereas I will probably visit Thailand four times in the intervening period)

Your attempts to create a distraction from the only question that I have asked of you for many years now fools no one. That question is of course: When was the last time you visited Thailand?

November 7th, 2015, 16:17
That question is of course: When was the last time you visited Thailand?There is no need for you to answer that question scottish-guy - MiniMee is an impertinent trollop.

MiniMee
November 7th, 2015, 17:18
MiniMee is an impertinent trollop.

Coming from you, I shall take that as a compliment. You exhibit both impertinence and trollopism in equal measure and would surely wear the title as a badge of honour.

Now, when was the last time you visited Thailand, scottish-guy?

scottish-guy
November 8th, 2015, 00:50
Mini Mee - what exactly IS your problem?

Am I supposed to be jealous that you will visit Thailand four times before Aug/Sept 2016? If not, what's your point in saying that?
Is it supposed to demonstrate that you're fabulously wealthy or something - and even if you are fabulously wealthy, is that supposed to impress anybody on here? I'd be surprised and disappointed if it does.

Unkind people might say your bragging about visiting the same place 4 times in a year merely demonstrates that you have no imagination or anything else in your life except hiring prostitutes in Thailand - but of course I would not be so harsh.

As a number of people know, I have a home and a bf in Vietnam - so visiting Thailand is not the be all and end all of my life. I am not anywhere approaching retirement age so my trips are limited by work, but apart from visiting Vietnam (probably in Mar/April) I shall be visiting a couple of of places in Europe before I next arrive in Thailand.

I may or may not find those places interesting enough to post about - and I may occassionally (as in this thread) mention my plans - but I'm certainly not obliged to inform a total arsehole like yourself of my movements be they past present or future.

I suggest you print out every post you've ever made, roll the sheets of paper up into a tube and vigorously shove it up your arse.
Apart from anything else it'll probably save you 1500B on getting fucked on one of your 4 trips to Thailand next year.

MiniMee
November 8th, 2015, 06:13
Blah blah. Waffle waffle. Whinge whinge. Piss

Once again you failed to answer the simple question I asked:

When was the LAST time you visited Thailand?

Was it around 2008?

scottish-guy
November 8th, 2015, 06:34
You do realise that you'll never get an answer, don't you?