PDA

View Full Version : Help needed please

CStewart
January 3rd, 2015, 17:46
Hi Guys I have been trying to find an ex pat or local company who do painting and decorating in Jomtien. I have a 101 sq mtr condo in View Talay 2 which we rent out and visit once a year - next coming in March 2015, we are looking to get the walls painted while we are there to spruce up the place. Any help will be greatly received and many pints will be bought for anyone that can help. We can either buy the paint and just pay labour costs or can pay for a whole package. Cheers ;;)

Gaybutton
January 3rd, 2015, 23:12
I always recommend Doon. When it comes to literally anything I need done, he always shows up on time, does the job right, guarantees his work, and charges very reasonable prices. I've been using him for at least 10 years and wouldn't think of having any work done without consulting him first. I've always been very satisfied with his work. His number is 081 694 6206.

Doon will be fine for the painting and any handyman work you might need. He does everything except air conditioning work. If there is any work he doesn't do, he knows who does and does it well.

I appreciate the offer of pints, but since I'm not much of a drinker, if you decide to use him for the work, I'd rather you give those pints to him and his crew.

Rainwalker
January 4th, 2015, 04:29
I would NOT recommend Doon as his work for me was at best marginal and his commitment to finish what he started nonexistent.

The tasks I had for him made it a one day job but he stopped half way through even though he booked a full day with me. I paid him what he wanted and, fool that I am, tipped him an additional 20% as incentive to come back on an agreed day.

So far, two months into attempting to get him to return and finish what he started, and he's dodging our calls - not answering his phone - or saying, when he deigns to answer his phone, that he'll be here on some fictional Tuesday.

All communication with him was done by my Thai partner so this isn't a matter of a cultural disconnect.

My experience is much much different that Gaybutton's and I reiterate: I do Not recommend K. Doon.

The risk of never getting things done is just too great.

paperboy
January 4th, 2015, 06:14
DIY

Gaybutton
January 4th, 2015, 09:21
I would NOT recommend Doon
It's hard for me to believe we're talking about the same person. Are you certain we are?

My experience with him has been completely the opposite of yours. If he's running more than a half hour late, he calls me to let me know - and that's rare for Thais to do. Sometimes I'll call him to come over to do something minor and I have to literally force him to accept any money for it. One time I called him at nearly midnight. Somehow I managed to lock myself out of my house and couldn't get in. Luckily for me, my telephone was in my pocket and I was able to call him. Even at that hour he came over within 20 minutes and got me in. Again, he didn't even want to charge me for it.

I can only say that I've used Doon for the better part of 10 years and I've always been very pleased. If I thought otherwise, I wouldn't have recommended him.

Smiles
January 4th, 2015, 09:39
It does indeed sound like Rainwalker and Gaybutton are talking about two persons. Thai's all use nicknames and often share theirs with many other: I know three 'Tams' and two 'Bons' personally. This sharing is very common.
On the other hand, two 'Doons' having the exact same businesses, in the same town, would certainly be a bit unusual.

My suggestion would be that you guys PM each other and one provides the other with 'Doons' phone number. That at least should confirm whether you are talking about the same person, or not.

Gaybutton
January 4th, 2015, 10:27
My suggestion would be that you guys PM each other and one provides the other with 'Doons' phone number.
The phone number is already in my post, so it won't be a problem for Rainwalker to check. Whatever the answer is, it ought to be posted. If it's not the same Doon, people should know it. If it is the same Doon, people should know that too.

I've recommended Doon several times over the years. Has anyone else used him? If you have, it would be helpful to post your comments.

I don't know anyone else to recommend for the kind of work CStewart wants. If nobody else responds and he decides against using Doon, then he might have a look at some different venues where the paint job looks good and ask them for contact information for whoever did the job.

Rainwalker
January 4th, 2015, 15:35
Both Gaybutton and I refer to the same person.

I know this because I contacted him on GB's recommendation and through the phone number that GB passed on to me.

CStewart
January 4th, 2015, 17:12
Many thanks for all your help and I will deffo give him a call. To answer Paperboys comment DIY ha ha me doing DIY that's made my day.

Smiles
January 5th, 2015, 08:45
Both Gaybutton and I refer to the same person. I know this because I contacted him on GB's recommendation and through the phone number that GB passed on to me.
Perhaps Rainwalker you are not treating Mr Doon in the same generous manner of Gaybutton.
Consequently, perhaps you also should suggest a quick blowjob on top of the tip?

January 5th, 2015, 13:05
Both Gaybutton and I refer to the same person. I know this because I contacted him on GB's recommendation and through the phone number that GB passed on to me.Perhaps Rainwalker you are not treating Mr Doon in the same generous manner of Gaybutton. Consequently, perhaps you also should suggest a quick blowjob on top of the tip?An introduction to a447 at the very least, I'd have thought.