PDA

View Full Version : Avatars

Surfcrest
December 31st, 2014, 13:42
tobi Please change your avatar. Yours is already taken already by beachlover and it's a bit confusing.

kommentariat Nice new avatar kommie, I hope you've started something!

Members,

If you would like your own avatar, here are some things you can do to get an avatar sized photo maximum (150 X 150 square) or less.
Landscape looks the sharpest, so resizing using a landscape (rectangular) photo works best or you can crop an image.

I size my photo on;

http://www.shrinkpictures.com/

Using; Select New Maximum Image dimension
Set at; Custom 150
Set resized image quality Best

the "New Image Size " should not exceed 150 W or 150H.

You sometimes need to do it a few times before it reduces to the right size.

Then simply upload the photo using your User Control Panel.

The larger photo may cover your online banner partially in the mobile version.

If you need any assistance, I can help surfcrest@hotmail.com or PM me.

Surfcrest

bobsaigon2
December 31st, 2014, 16:01
But if Tobi is Beachlover, then perhaps there's no need for him to change the avatar.

thaiguest
January 1st, 2015, 00:57
tobi Please change your avatar. Yours is already taken already by beachlover and it's a bit confusing.

Members,

If you would like your own avatar, here are some things you can do to get an avatar sized photo maximum (150 X 150 square) or less.
Landscape looks the sharpest, so resizing using a landscape (rectangular) photo works best or you can crop an image.

I size my photo on;

You need to shrink your own a little bit (avatar I mean) cos on my screen it obstructs the first few lines. But maybe the fault is on my end.

Set at; Custom 150

Surfcrest

Surfcrest
January 1st, 2015, 02:02
Once you have a photo no bigger than the maximum square dimensions of 150 X50 and no bigger than 193.31 KiB;

You go to the User Control Panel here on Sawatdee about 2/3rds up our main page on the left side.

From the User Control Panel Screen, choose Profile

Then below that, father down on the menu you will see Edit avatar and choose that!

If you want to change the image (avatar) you already have, check the delete image box and choose Submit (That's probably a button latin presses a lot...lol)

If you don't already have an avatar, you'll probably see the generic image or nothing. In this case you can start uploading your image.

Use the browse button to find the image you've selected, wherever you have it saved to your computer.

You can also copy and paste the URL or link to your image, if you have it stored on a photo share site such as photobucket.com

Select what image you want and then chose submit to upload it, and you're done!

If you need assistance with any of this, just let me know!
Once you have am image within the size specifications, it should be easy as pie!

Surfcrest

thaiguest
January 1st, 2015, 02:54

Members,

I size my photo on;

Set at; Custom 150

Surfcrest
As per my samsung you need to shrink yours also-avatar I mean.

thaiguest
January 1st, 2015, 02:57
It certainly is confusing as I thought Beechlover was the one in the gown?

achment]
tobi Please change your avatar. Yours is already taken already by beachlover and it's a bit confusing

Surfcrest
Jim Thompson is still missing but MFAS is back. Sawatdee Bee Mai!

billy2bs
January 1st, 2015, 06:30
Oh good. I changed mine after a few tries.

Surfcrest
January 1st, 2015, 12:01
So sorry, I had to go looking for my iPod to see how the avatars looked on a small device. I see they hang over into the post at 150, so I'll have to shrink the maximum parameters for avatars a bit. It looks okay on a larger device though.

Surfcrest

Manforallseasons
January 1st, 2015, 19:15
tobi Please change your avatar. Yours is already taken already by beachlover and it's a bit confusing

Surfcrest

It certainly is confusing as I thought beachlover was the one in the gown! [quote] Manforallseasons

January 2nd, 2015, 07:19
kommentariat Nice new avatar kommie, I hope you've started something!As tobi reminded us, if a447 is the fox terrier running around yapping at everyone's heels then I am a447's chihuahua bitch.

peeseua
January 2nd, 2015, 22:02
Just changed my avatar with no problems at all.

Surfcrest
January 8th, 2015, 15:44
Thank you very much thaiguest for noticing that our maximum avatar width overlaps the post when viewed from a small mobile device (phone or iPod).
If you would like to modify or create a new avatar for yourself, please use 130 now as the maximum width.
I just shrank my avatar a fraction to 130 and it fits the avatar profile on my phone perfectly.
(I can't see the darn thing, but that's another matter)

Members,

If you would like your own avatar, here are some things you can do to get an avatar sized photo maximum (150 X 130 Portrait) or less.
My avatar is still Landscape (rectangle on it's side) but Portrait (rectangle standing up) looks like it would work best now.

I size my photo on;

Set at; Custom 130

the "New Image Size " should not exceed 130 W and 150H.

Surfcrest