PDA

View Full Version : I am a Thai guy and I need help or advice please.......

andyrose
December 30th, 2014, 00:14
I am a Thai guy and I am in Thailand at this moment. I was in Canada for many years as a permanent resident. And, I applied for a Canadian citizenship before I left the country. It is still in process.

However,I need to go back to Canada in order to maintain my resident status. And, hopefully I will get the Canadian citizenship soon.

My question is very straight and simple. Can anyone who is in Canada help me with the place to stay?

I mean the private bedroom. I can pay the rent or I can work something out for you. I mean, for example, I can do the household such as laundry, vacuum, cleaning bathroom, as a compensation for my private room. We can discuss in detail by phone or e-mail if you are serious to help me.

A little bit about me. I used to live in Canada with my Canadian common law partner before. However, we did separate long ago and I returned back to Thailand. But, we're still remain friends. He is no longer in Canada. He relocated to Europe since beginning of this year. He is also British citizen. And,it gives him the right to stay in EU.

Therefore, he cannot help me with the accommodation in Canada anymore.
Can anyone help me please? Or, Can anyone advise me which forum or website I can go for ?

I am sorry if my topic is irrelevant to this forum. I am so lost and I donтАЩt know where to begin.
Thank you and happy new year to you all.

Best regards,
Andy

Tobi
December 30th, 2014, 02:58
Hey Andy. Have you looked at sites such as http://www.houseboi.com to see if there are any vacancies in Canada? Just a thought! Tobi. x

Brad the Impala
December 30th, 2014, 05:46
Strange that despite your many years living in Canada you didn't make any friends that you could contact about this. Is it just me or have the troll gates been opened recently opened?!

arsenal
December 30th, 2014, 07:30
On the same page as Brad with this.

Smiles
December 30th, 2014, 18:11
Hey Andy. Just ignore @Brad the Impala and @arsenal, they only look up from licking each other's arses to spit shit. :ymtongue:
And hey Andy ...an even better idea: Time to seriously ignore Tobi.
Taking anything he writes is now AYOR as far as I'm concerned ... for what it's worth.

a447
December 30th, 2014, 18:30
Ditto.

He inadvertently revealed he was a troll in a post he made on another thread. He's obviously been a member here, under another name, for a long, long time.

Bet he now regrets mentioning Fountainhall...lol

Brad the Impala
December 30th, 2014, 19:08
I had a dog that needed to piss on every post too. I trained that to sit up and beg.

If there is anyone pissing on every post, that's surely you with your phoney persona and your 50 inane posts from iphone 6 gifts for boys onwards.

I'd advise all to treat with caution the links that you are referring people to in your posts

Tobi
December 30th, 2014, 19:38
I'll wait for @arsenal to chime in before answering, so I can kill two used gerbils with one stone. :P

arsenal
December 30th, 2014, 20:12
Hi Tobykins. Pucker up and give our lost and wan Thai/Canadian wannabe houseboy/housekeeper a big kiss. If you choose to get involved in a conversation with this poster then feel free. But it is so far removed from anything approaching reality that no normal person would take it seriously.

Perfect English and he can find us on the internet but not the actual information he asks for. Canada is a big place, who asks for a room in Canada rather than a named city. I could go on but I'm sure you've got the point.

LoveThailand
December 30th, 2014, 20:42
Not sure about the OP - but you guys really need to get a room :D

arsenal
December 30th, 2014, 21:01
Yes, we're looking for a room somewhere in Asia. Can anyone help us?

andyrose
December 31st, 2014, 02:51
To Tobi, thank you for your advice. I will look at that website carefully.

To Brad

Yes, I did live in Canada for many years, but I left the country like two years ago.
I did make friends and some of them I lost contacts.

However, I still have some friends, but I am rather not to be in that area or the city down there.

Well, I was hoping that maybe in this board, there are some members who are living in Canada. ThatтАЩs why I decided to post my topic.

I think maybe living with gay people is probably a better idea than living with straight people. At least, as far as IтАЩm concerned we can understand each other better. Am I right, or Am I wrong?

Everything has its own reasons and I have too.

Brad the Impala
December 31st, 2014, 04:42
Andy, giving you the benefit of the doubt, I wish you luck here, but I hope that you are pursuing other approaches as well. Perhaps the odds would be better in the Candian room of gay sites like gay romeo, or on accomodation sites like easyroommate. http://ca.easyroommate.com/ontario/toronto-roommate

andyrose
December 31st, 2014, 07:27
Brad, thank you for your link and information.
I think you are probably right about the odds.

I will look at the link carefully. Thank you once again for your advice.
Best regards,

December 31st, 2014, 09:44
I think maybe living with gay people is probably a better idea than living with straight people. At least, as far as IтАЩm concerned we can understand each other better. Am I right, or Am I wrong?a447 and I are both gay and the only thing we have in common is our interest in cock. You're far more likely to be comfortable with other Thais, and I know many Thai households of mixed interests (gays mixed with (ugh) straight people) in my country. I've never found a common interest in cock means any more than that.

Surfcrest
December 31st, 2014, 13:30
I mean the private bedroom. I can pay the rent or I can work something out for you. I mean, for example, I can do the household such as laundry, vacuum, cleaning bathroom, as a compensation for my private room. We can discuss in detail by phone or e-mail if you are serious to help me.

Welcome andygala,

This is a complicated question, because this isn't something we normally do privately in Canada. There are homestay programs all over Vancouver that support some of our international students studying here, some providing board at reasonable rates. You could probably find similar programs in other cities or places in Canada, especially university towns or big cities. The smaller the town, the cheaper it should be but the less selection you would have.

While we gay men like to joke about having houseboys, I've never known anyone here to actually have one. I'm speaking of doing household chores such as laundry and cleaning in exchange for living in someone's home. If you ever found such a thing here, there might be a belief or a misunderstanding that sex was attached to the deal. If you were okay with that, you might just find something but you'd have to modify your approach with photos and stats. You might try an online site like Manhunt, Gaydar, dudesnude, craigslist or even Outpersonals if you didn't care where in Canada you went. You might run into a lot of people that think your offer is a scam, as we do have people from some other countries looking to enter Canada in a similar way. I used to get messages from guys in the Philippines or Ghana that I'm not sure were genuine.

If your arrangement is more platonic, without sex, you should pick a place you want to go and then check out that town's local paper's classified ads. You could look for a roommate if you were able to share rent and might find reduced rent for doing household chores, but you would still have to pay. Being able to cook Thai food would definitely be a bonus. You've been to Canada and so you know it's a big country with a few big cities and a lot of small towns separated by a heck of a lot of space. Unless you were a real outdoorsman, you might get bored in rural Canada. Right now we are going into January, our coldest month. It's minus 5 tonight in Vancouver, unusually cold for us and we are the warmest city in the land. I think it's minus 40 tonight in Winnipeg with a lovely strong breeze coming across the prairies. You would be close to the polar bears and northern lights though 8-X

The best I can offer is advice for a sound approach to finding a place to stay that meets your needs. I wish you all the best of luck! Chok dee!

Surfcrest

andyrose
January 7th, 2015, 12:11
Thanks Surfcrest for some advice. I just read your reply.
I was on holiday and I took a break from Cyberspace.

It was probably my mistake that I didn't make it clear from the get-go.

O.k, here is the point.

I didn't mean to offer a sex in order to exchange for a private room. It wasn't even on my mind at all.

When I was writing the topic,I was in such a hurry to go back to Canada. I was worried about my resident status.I also had lots of things on my mind. I was all over the place actually.Therefore, my state of mind was not perfect.

Someone might think I have an ulterior motive. I am telling you guys right now that I did not.I meant what I said. I re-read my text again and I think I get where you are going, Surfcrest.

About my stats and photos, I have already did that in 2-3 gay dating websites. Because I was also looking for a relationship with the right person. However, in this forum, it is quite different from those.
I didn't want to mix two things together. I meant personal and business. Moreover, I didn't want to have limited options.

There are some guys in Canada have already offered me a place to stay. We met on a gay dating website.But, I need a time to get to know them better. I din't want to jump to stay with one of them immediately when I get there. That was the reason why I wanted to have my private place first.

Surfcrest, you know where I am going or what I am trying to say, right?

In Canada, we all know you have to be at least 19 years old in order to drink in any bar scenes. If you appear to be under 25 year old, they can ask you for an i.d card. I was in my thirties ,but I was always asked to present my photo i.d.

It was very annoying in the beginning, but I got used to it later. After that, I took it as a compliment. I have been told that I am a good looking Thai guy. And, I think so as well :)

I am a considerate, sweet, romantic person. But, I also have some weaknesses as well. I believe everyone has a private side to oneself and I have too. And, I am not gonna say. :p

I hope I make myself clear now.

Thanks to all of you once again especially Surfcrest
Have a nice time :)

Surfcrest
January 7th, 2015, 16:46
Surfcrest, you know where I am going or what I am trying to say, right?

Understood. I'm really glad you're well on your way with your residency status here. As you know, this is a big country with a big spectrum of places to go...from dense city living to living miles away from your nearest neighbour. I've met more and more young Thais here in the city that have made a similar choice and moved over, some doing well for themselves, while others just getting by. Ultimately, I just hope that you find happiness while you are in Canada with your choices or wherever your goals take you and that you're one of the ones that does well.

Surfcrest