PDA

View Full Version : Sunflower Field

camperboy
December 28th, 2014, 19:57
Hello!

I will be arriving in Bangkok on the 5th of January! OMG LESS THAN TWO WEEKS TIME!

I just found out that there are sunflower fields in Thailand! I saw some photos and it looks gorgeous!

Any of you been to the fields before? How do I get there from Bangkok? How much will it cost me if I were to hire a private car?

I know I can go to Tripadvisor and all that, but I think you guys are a unique bunch who can give unique responses. LOL

OHHH! Anyone keen to meet from the 5th? Hahahah we can go to a bar or something. LOL

Smiles
December 28th, 2014, 20:33
Lopburi and Saraburi provinces are well known for their sunflower fields. We drove around that area a couple of years ago and indeed saw very large fields. This was in November and everything was in bloom then, but now, at the end of December it may be a bit late. Don't quote me on that ... I'm no expert.
Saraburi province was especially beautiful in yellow.

Here's a map showing Thailand's provinces. Saraburi is north of Bangkok ... not too far.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... en.svg.png (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/c5/Thailand_provinces_en.svg/700px-Thailand_provinces_en.svg.png)

PS ... I feel rather inadequate discussing sunflowers whIle just down the thread list there is a post by a447 describing the numerous fucking positions used on his latest find in Screw Boys. B-)

December 29th, 2014, 12:07
I just found out that there are sunflower fields in Thailand! I saw some photos and it looks gorgeous!A Thai once told me that tawan means the Sun and tarntawan means sunflower. Speaking of Tawan, is that the only Bangkok bar a447 hasn't yet visited in his (so far ignominious failure of a) quest to get laid?

christianpfc
December 29th, 2014, 13:13
I went there recently, by public transport: http://christianpfc.blogspot.com/2014/1 ... n-lae.html (http://christianpfc.blogspot.com/2014/12/sunflower-fields-at-khao-chin-lae.html)

It's about 150 km north of Bangkok, return trip by hired car would cost 3000 Baht or more. Train to Lopburi or Saraburi and hired car from there would be much cheaper (about 500 Baht), public bus cheapest option (about 50 Baht).

As far as I know, they plant the flowers to stretch the bloom from November to January. Special trips to these field by State Railway of Thailand in December are over now.

Brad the Impala
December 29th, 2014, 18:24
kommie, that was a poor attempt to make relevant your poke at another poster!

camperboy
December 29th, 2014, 20:59
Thanks for the tip! I guess to go in January is a bit risky.

And quite expensive too. 3000baht for a return trip via a hired car. I am better off at Pattaya if that is the case lol.

But the fields are so gorgeous! Pity I just knew about it recently.

And don't fight guys. I will review about Tawan when I go there next week. LOL

December 30th, 2014, 01:45
kommie, that was a poor attempt to make relevant your poke at another poster!Thanks for the feedback - I'll try to do better next time.

Smiles
December 30th, 2014, 08:02
" ... Thanks for the feedback - I'll try to do better next time ... "
Or ... you could spare us. (Give it some thought eh).

December 30th, 2014, 12:31
" ... Thanks for the feedback - I'll try to do better next time ... "Or ... you could spare us. (Give it some thought eh).You of all people must know how to adjust your personal settings so as not to see my posts, so I'm assuming you just like whining. If on the other hand you believe you can modify my behaviour may I suggest it will about as effective as trying to keep dry while not wearing a raincoat and pissing into a headwind.

a447
December 30th, 2014, 12:55
The embarrassment after the anger is the biggest humiliation a person can experience

Friedrich Nietzsche

I just googled "sunflower fields Thailand" and found some stunning pics. There's a pic of a train travelling right through the fields.

If I could tear myself away from the guys I'd definitely make the effort.

Mmmm...a cute Thai bubble-butt or a sunflower.

I guess I'll be staying in town! But I've pencilled it in.

Thanks, Camperboy.

marti
January 3rd, 2015, 17:51
Saw some Sunflower fields in Lopburi yesterday and today. They are still blooming if you are interested.