PDA

View Full Version : Memories

Oliver
December 24th, 2014, 18:19
A thread current in GB's forum evoked memories of my first visit to Pattaya eighteen years ago; I'd enjoy hearing from others who were around at that time.

The first bar I entered (and "offed" from ) was Cockpit but I also recall visiting Gentleman's in Soi 1 and Moonlight in Pattaya Second Road, where the dancers wore short silk kimonos which they would carefully fold before dancing. They looked dangerously young to me. Of course, the age for bar-workers was sixteen then.

Cockpit had a show which provided my innocent eyes with my first viewing of khatoeys. It was not until the next evening that I learnt that they weren't girls.

There was no Sunee scene then but I did travel to North Pattaya to a bar called Memories (I think). I remember staying only ten minutes; I was shocked both by the youth of the guys and the public antics on display.

BBB was busy, often with as many as one hundred guys. Toy Boys and A bomb are the other go go bars I remember. Panorama was then called Cocobanana and there I began my routine, still maintained, of enjoying a Bir Singh as dusk falls.

In so many ways in Pattaya is better today; hotels, restaurants, shopping- even the cost of travel is lower in real terms. But am I alone in thinking that there was an excitement in the 90s which is no longer there? or was it just the impression of a first-timer?

latintopxxx
December 25th, 2014, 01:19
...think its to do with age...1st time is alays the best..as u get older and you've seen it...done it..even gt the t-shirt...stuff just isnt as exciting...like drugs..need more to achieve the same high...like the soi twilight fuck shows...10 years ago i was absolutely agog...now I just yawn through most of it...not that there are any today....

scottish-guy
December 25th, 2014, 05:41
Agreed - when you've seen one cock you've seen them all dear

Gaybutton
December 25th, 2014, 05:56
when you've seen one cock you've seen them all
Perhaps, but personally I still enjoy the quest to prove, or maybe disprove, the validity of that statement . . .

Blueskytoday
December 25th, 2014, 06:15
The sex shows on Soi Twilight were very interesting,,,up until 2 or 3 years ago...by that I mean,
the customers were mostly gay...now I don't go anymore...boring especially with toooo many Chinese tour and women
in the bars....giggling and embarrassed....annoying to me...I go to the bar for the show and to be around gays, no straight women
in the bar....I know the bars take all customers,,they need/want the income,,but for me..I just don't enter at all anymore.

a447
December 25th, 2014, 09:02
Sg wrote
when you've seen one cock you've seen them all

No! You've got it wrong, SG. There's always a bigger one out there just waiting to be discovered. And I'm doing my utmost to find it -honestly!

My quest will start anew this week. If I find it, I'll give you a "hands-on" report immediately!

I remember my first trip to Bangkok in the nineties. I'd flown down to Bangkok with a Japanese "friend" for a couple of days. I had no idea there was a gay scene - we just thought we'd go and take a look at the infamous girlie bars, just for a laugh.

We found our way to The Patpong Night Market and were approached by a tout who wanted to take us to a ping pong show. While we were considering it, he must have thought we weren't into girls, so offered us "boy bar."

What? They have boy bars?? Yes, please!

He took us to a bar which, I guess, was in Soi Twilight. It may have been called Screwboys. (Was that there back then?) We went upstairs and as we were standing by the bar, the boy of my dreams approached with a huge smile and an even bigger package. He grabbed my friends hand and tried to place it down his jocks, but my friend was embarrased and withdrew his hand.
"Pick me! Pick me!"

They had a fuck show and guess what - it's exactly the same as the ones they have (or had) today! The formula has served them well over the years, but I also think it's time for a change. Of course, that will never happen, as the bars now have a new client base who have never seen such shows, so they are destined to continue. As the Chinese and Koreans have taken our place, no doubt the Chinese will also be usurped sometime down the track. But by who, I wonder.

Oliver
December 25th, 2014, 14:50
Screwboys was certainly in Soi Twilight in the late 90s, before moving to Patpong.I'm pretty sure it was an upstairs bar, opposite Blue Star. I saw my first sex show there.
By the way, it was a waiter from Blue Star who chased along the soi to catch me up and return the wallet I'd dropped on the floor.