PDA

View Full Version : Thief blames poor customer numbers in his gay bar

llz
December 19th, 2014, 05:16
NEWS UPDATE FROM PATTAYA ONE: Bar Worker detained by journalist following necklace snatch on Jomtien Beach Road

Posted on December 19, 2014 at 5:10 am

A male employee of a Gay Bar, who blamed poor customer numbers at his venue, was detained by a local journalist on Thursday Morning on Jomtien Beach Road after he allegedly snatched a gold necklace from a woman who was sitting on a Baht Bus which had just stopped to receive more customers.

More at http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/160353/bar-worker-detained-by-journalist-following-necklace-snatch-on-jomtien-beach-road

http://www.pattayaone.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/gold-2.jpg

dab69
December 19th, 2014, 06:58
and motocy payments...

billy2bs
December 19th, 2014, 07:37
In that case sell the bike

corky
December 19th, 2014, 13:06
Does anyone recognize him?
Which bar did he work for?

Oliver
December 19th, 2014, 15:14
I find these photos unnecessary. I realise that the Thai police enjoy setting them up as much as Thai newspapers enjoy publishing them but I don't see why a falang-orientated website needs to emulate the practice. Reproduce the new report by all means but remember that this guy has yet to have his day in court,....for what that is worth.
Still, at least he's not Burmese- is he?

fountainhall
December 19th, 2014, 19:55
I find these photos unnecessary. I realise that the Thai police enjoy setting them up as much as Thai newspapers enjoy publishing them but I don't see why a falang-orientated website needs to emulate the practice. Reproduce the new report by all means but remember that this guy has yet to have his day in court,....for what that is worth.
I agree it's a horrible practice but it's been going on for years and years. And it's not just in Thailand. It's all a bit like the infamous perp walk in the USA where accused are paraded in front of the media long before getting to court. In both cases presumption of innocence seems to go out of the window.

Since all the Thai media carry such photos, I can't see that a site like SGT can or should prevent re-posting of pics.

LoveThailand
December 19th, 2014, 21:41
This community can do something in terms of crime prevention: please, go the the bars and SPEND! :D
And yes, I also find this kind of pictures uncomfortable. If they insist they should publish pictures of people convicted by a court.

llz
December 20th, 2014, 02:36
Still, at least he's not Burmese- is he?
The original Pattaya One report includes five pictures, two of them showing the alleged thief in close-up. I added one of the other pictures, the report being widely disseminated not only on the Pattaya One paper and website, but also on some other popular websites. And then I know that when we have a news related to a bar boy, we cannot wait to see how the guy looks like. Or can we ?

latintopxxx
December 21st, 2014, 09:11
maybe he should try being nicer to his customers....have just spent a week in Pattaya/BKK and all the gay venues I popped into had customers...some more than others...but even sunnee plaza which some other poster led us to believe was a graveyard was busy.