PDA

View Full Version : Is the Time Movement in Chiang Mai gay-friendly?

Tobi
December 9th, 2014, 23:20
Hi. I was wondering if anyone knows whether the Time Movement http://thetimemovement.com/ in Chiang Mai is gay-friendly? Thanks!

pong
December 10th, 2014, 08:08
your above Qs seem so utter naive, it also looks like its a troll, aiming at (yet again) latin.
Gay friendly does as such not really exist here in TH. What you most likely mean is VISITOR friendly and in most (at least 99%) of places thats not an issue at all IF you properly book a double and not single.
DK this place, have never heard of it, so its likely new, ChMai people may know more. Risico with that is that it may be overrun by the new tourist: the mainland Chinese and you will not want that.
IF you mean by GF that its owned by gays and most visitors have that inclination (suspiciously looking at each others new finds at BF next morning-with the risico of swaps), go the gayinchiangmai site, which lists them all.

BonTong
December 10th, 2014, 10:12
What a disappointment, reading the title I thought it might be some anti-gay Christian missionary organisation that turns Buddha respecting hill tribe boys into freaks. There are several in Chiang Mai..... Don't get me started =;

Anyway, turns out it's a Manroot (meaning drawn curtains, and used in a slightly derogatory sense) or short time hotel. I know this one though have never been inside; it's quite new and looks nice but is a bit out of the way. There are still quite a few of this type of place in Chang Puek area, though a few years ago there were many more. From what I know, most of these places have seen it all and wouldn't bat an eye if you turned up with a buffalo. Gay people should have no issues at all. I have heard of problems with some places in BKK etc not accepting foreigners (due to the need to register their names/passports) but never in Chiang Mai. Near "Time Movement" is also the "Love Boat", a hotel shaped like a Boat.

Whilst visitors usually have a hotel room, I know a lot of Chiang Mai sex-pats who take the boys they don't know to the Manroot rather than to their homes/condos. A popular one near the bars is off Chang Puek soi 2 near Marn Mai Massage and the Santitham swimming pool (Not Santitham Plaza) they have several rooms named after world cities with different themes. A couple even have Jacuzzis. There are several off Chang Puek Soi 4 and Moracot (very sleazy and best avoided), two more off Viangbua (opposite end from Adams/Lotus and three near Radchada (Ironically next door to the Christian House of Praise complex!). And if you score at G-Star there's another right at the far end of that soi too.

Anyway, don't ask how I know all this :ymblushing: ....... but hope it's useful to someone.

Jellybean
December 10th, 2014, 11:18
Tobi, if youтАЩre also planning on visiting Bangkok, I highly recommend staying at The Atlanta Hotel at 87 Soi 2, Sukumvit Road, Bangkok 10110. ItтАЩs very gay-friendly.

Tobi
December 10th, 2014, 14:01
Sorry, Pong, if my question was utterly naive, but I've been trying to do as much research before my first visit to Thailand, as I do with every country I visit. The Time Movement is a love hotel, a short time hotel (?) in Thailand you rent rooms by the hour. It looks a fantastic place for a party but the only info. I could find on it infers that it's used by Thai's and as their website is in Thai, I didn't want to embarrass anyone if it was infra dig for tourists to take any guy-on-guy action there, 'tis all.

Tobi
December 10th, 2014, 14:14
Aw, thank you BonTong for the indepth info. much appreciated. I realised it was a love hotel but I only found one site that mentioned it, and they inferred that it's a place where Thai's pop into with their mistresses. I hadn't seen any sites like this one mention it, unlike say the BBB Inn in Bangkok, so thought I'd ask. It looks a riot, love the look of some of the rooms, so thought perhaps of dragging some guys from Adams there one night, maybe?! I'm afraid my hotel is about a 15 minute drive outside of Chiang Mai so figured it might be a fun and easier alternative if I get the chance to do any "short time". Thanks again for your kind help.

Tobi
December 10th, 2014, 14:19
Thank you, Jellybean, I'll take a look.

BonTong
December 10th, 2014, 17:08
It looks a riot, love the look of some of the rooms, so thought perhaps of dragging some guys from Adams there one night, maybe?! I'm afraid my hotel is about a 15 minute drive outside of Chiang Mai so figured it might be a fun and easier alternative if I get the chance to do any "short time".
Definitely a good idea, as I said before, a lot of ex-pats do this. Also, it can be fun to take some boys and a box of beer to enjoy the Jacuzzi for a couple of hours :D .

If you go to a bar like Adam's ask the boys where they like to go, it's not like they don't know these places, or haven't done this type of thing before :-o . Just be aware that they might prefer the place where they get commission (same with tuk-tuk drivers), or may assume you want somewhere cheap. As you noted,some of the rooms are pretty nice, but cost more. Starting price of around 160 Bt per hour seems about normal for a basic room.

Tobi
December 11th, 2014, 14:08
Thank you again, BonTong, the detail is very much appreciated. :D