PDA

View Full Version : Any signs of Gay life in Muang Thong Thani?

donald1
November 19th, 2014, 08:11
Will be stuck up there for a work project. I know BKK central is 30 minutes away, but
vans stop at 10PM. Will just be finishing work about that time.
Thanks guys!

christianpfc
November 19th, 2014, 12:24
How long will you be staying there? I was living in Lak Si (a few km eat of Muang Thong Thani) last year, and didn't get any gay activity running.

However, there are several universities, you might try to hang out there. But if you finish work 10 pm, that's pretty late.

30 min to central Bangkok is doable by taxi (at that time - after 10 pm), but probably not by bus or van.

thaiguest
November 19th, 2014, 14:43
How long will you be staying there? I was living in Lak Si (a few km eat of Muang Thong Thani) last year, and didn't get any gay activity running.

However, there are several universities, you might try to hang out there. But if you finish work 10 pm, that's pretty late.

30 min to central Bangkok is doable by taxi (at that time - after 10 pm), but probably not by bus or van.

Can't be too far from Sapan Quai area?

llz
November 19th, 2014, 19:52
The Thai Massage website lists one gay massage shop in Pak Kret district (Soi Jaeng Wattana 43) which should be a short walk/motorside ride from Muang Thong Thani (depending on where you live there) : http://www.mentholspamassage.com/ . No first-hand experience, sorry.

There are probably some more massage shops around, try to find the free magazines in some gay bars where they advertise.

Many websites are not really upadted and could mention a venue which has closed many years ago.

pong
November 20th, 2014, 19:15
The HOUSing area in MTT -BKKs high rise- is for a large part populated by expat Burmese. But thats some distance from the exhib.centre.
Beside the one mentioned above-site has good maps- there is also Janpa spa-same m2m style msg- google for info.
Other places I know of are in Nonthburi-there is a direct blue small songhthaew route-stops by 21.00, along RattaTibet rd (where the new skytrain, but MRT extension is nearly up+running): 2 massage and 1 sauna, in Rewadee soi.
To go there from Sapan Kwai is by van -as said stops by 21.00-and takes some 30 mins in good traffic+Change at Mochit/old to BTS or bus. I guess some 20 kms or near to. Its much faster by citybus 166 direct to Vict.Monument via expressway