PDA

View Full Version : Happy Place Closed

egel
November 12th, 2014, 07:11
I see Happy Place is now listed on Nickys site as closed.
Well, who would have thought it!

davidsobe
November 12th, 2014, 10:43
That was Neil's old venue. I thought it was well located. Maybe the number of clients dropped. Anyone know why is closed?

a447
November 12th, 2014, 13:59
Soon after Neal left, the bar went very quickly down the plug hole. The boys were out of control and the manager could not rein them in. I don't think it ever got back on track, and certainly did not achieve the success it had under Neal.

frequentfliers
November 12th, 2014, 19:55
So much for high season..This is one of the best placed go go bars in Pattaya.

Nirish guy
November 12th, 2014, 22:28
And if what Neal said ( privately) was correct as it hadn't been profitable in years (if ever) perhaps its not so surprising. Although I thought of late it was being run by the same owner as Wild West Boys or am I wrong about that ?

neddy3
November 13th, 2014, 04:22
And if what Neal said ( privately) was correct as it hadn't been profitable in years (if ever) perhaps its not so surprising. Although I thought of late it was being run by the same owner as Wild West Boys or am I wrong about that ?

Of late, Wild West Boys and Happy Place (renamed Guy) were under the same ownership.
It seemed to be a low budget operation.
I rarely visited either, and the two bars were both light on for 'dancers'.

I always thought that if they consolidated into one bar, it might work.

Maybe now we will see if it pans out that way.

November 14th, 2014, 04:34
Didn't the Fat Fool boast he had gifted it to his boyfriend to give said boyfriend an income source after Neal's demise?

neddy3
November 14th, 2014, 04:53
Supposedly, that was the plan.
However, the boyfriend was not able to run/manage the bar well, and it went downhill badly.

a447
November 14th, 2014, 06:09
I think many of us here know the boyfriend in question. I found him to be a lovely guy, but far too nice to run a cut-throat business like a bar. Many of the boys were quite lazy ,had drug problems often turned up late (or not at all) and just wanted to party, which they did on nights when Neal was ill and didn't turn up to keep them all in line. I don't know how many of the original guys still continued to " work" after Neal gave up the bar, but the writing was on the wall. It's a shame because, as others have pointed out, it is on a prime location.

lonelywombat
November 14th, 2014, 06:27
I rarely use facebook but got a message there were posts

One of which was from Neal Bernard that shocked me. I had am email a few days before his death, so was aware of his location of his passing away

His facebook is still alive

https://www.facebook.com/neal.bernard.5 ... &fref=pymk (https://www.facebook.com/neal.bernard.501?hc_location=friend_browser&fref=pymk)

nice photo of his BF BEE at 19 Jan

November 14th, 2014, 07:35
However, the boyfriend was not able to run/manage the bar well, and it went downhill badly.He was Thai?

francois
November 14th, 2014, 11:40
I rarely use facebook but got a message there were posts

One of which was from Neal Bernard that shocked me. I had am email a few days before his death, so was aware of his location of his passing away

His facebook is still alive
https://www.facebook.com/neal.bernard.5 ... &fref=pymk (https://www.facebook.com/neal.bernard.501?hc_location=friend_browser&fref=pymk)

So there is life after death!

a447
November 14th, 2014, 15:36
Yes, he was Thai, I think.

Smiles
November 15th, 2014, 23:14
I see Happy Place is now listed on Nickys site as closed.
Well, who would have thought it!
Well, seeing as how Neal was one lonely pathetic vicious cock sucker ... yep, I would have definitely thought it.

scottish-guy
November 16th, 2014, 02:05
I see from his Facebook page that he has a relative called Lazarus.

Let's just hope and pray it's not the original one and that he doesn't take after him.

Once was more than enough.

:ymparty: