PDA

View Full Version : Singapore...

danny99
November 9th, 2014, 12:37
Singapore is mostly referred to about its anti-gay laws...yet it is, and always has been, maybe the hottest place in Asia. Back in the 70's the action along Orchard Rd [inside the shopping centres] was a constant, now that seems to have spread to just about any public building or railway station on the island, and according to my young Singapore friends at every change/shower room at swimming pools and parks where people go to exercise...sex in the shower seems always on?

The building next to Macca's at the bottom of Pagoda St in Chinatown is amazing, three of its floors house about 300 play station consoles, the constant stream of boys to the facilities [particularly in Basement 1] is amazing, and 1 in 20 do not mind a quick HJ. Eye candy for everyone, even the straightest do not mind showing you what they have got....very suburban working class but who cares.

Reminds me a bit of Sydney back in the 60's when all was illegal there too, but everyone did it, just no one talked about it...now all is out in the open very different! you have to label yourself as black or white?

christianpfc
November 20th, 2014, 23:41
Are you talking from experience? My impression of gay Singapore was rather "don't bother" after introduction by a friend (see gaythailand forum) and one visit to a gay sauna (Cruise Club, see my blog). But I didn't look in places you describe.

the constant stream of boys to the facilities (edit: toilets) [particularly in Basement 1] is amazing, and 1 in 20 do not mind a quick HJ. Eye candy for everyone, even the straightest do not mind showing you what they have got....

Can you elaborate? My experience from public toilets in Bangkok is "don't bother" (i.e. low numbers of cruisers, so far nobody who is my type).

danny99
May 1st, 2015, 15:26
Are you talking from experience? Can you elaborate? My experience from public toilets in Bangkok is "don't bother" (i.e. low numbers of cruisers, so far nobody who is my type).

I guess that all depends on what your type is? Mine is very much straight teen boys, in Singapore [+ Kuala Lumpur] they are everywhere, hot and horny! I visit one or the other every month but KL is a weekend only action place, whilst Singapore seems to work any, and every, day.

In fact the action is Bangkok is the same, as long as you keep away from places inhabited by tourists and expats. Tesco at On Nut is amazing, and many others.

christianpfc
May 1st, 2015, 23:23
I guess that all depends on what your type is? Mine is very much straight teen boys...hot and horny...
I would love to get into that business, but no success at all.

I have been to Tesco at On Nut two months ago (was in the area, so I checked toilets), nothing. Same for the other mall. What day and time would you recommend?

fountainhall
May 2nd, 2015, 13:09
Singapore is mostly referred to about its anti-gay laws...yet it is, and always has been, maybe the hottest place in Asia.
Not sure I would give it the "hottest" accolade, but In my experience of many regular visits over 35 years I have always found it between "hot" and "very hot"! For some years the government has repeatedly claimed it will not change the notorious Section 377A of the law which prohibits sex between guys, but it will cease to "take a proactive approach towards enforcing" it. This seems to have made Singapore even more cruisy!

danny99
May 2nd, 2015, 16:08
I have been to Tesco at On Nut two months ago (was in the area, so I checked toilets), nothing. Same for the other mall. What day and time would you recommend?

Maybe you were born unlucky?

Do not think I have ever missed out on either of them, past 4-5 years. At On Nut usually during the lunchtime break [theirs not mine]. although recently I was there at an unusual time for me, 4.00 on a Monday, the upstairs one [which I though previously was only for a quick break from the downstairs action] was quite amazing...it was school holidays and there were quite a few who definitely knew what they were doing, and what they wanted [HJ's not money]. A few were a bit young and I was a bit scared at first but there is never any security there and they were so eager!!!!

Last trip also discovered one on Silom, young working guys on the way home from the upstairs offices, not sure of the building name but there is a late night Irish Bar with entrance from the street and also from the basement [the gents are outside that door and for a couple of days only even had a glory hole between the two cubicles]. Very quiet daytime too busy with genuines during drinking time. I was taken there from the 1st floor one by a young guy, he had been about the 4th young [18-25] guy at the 1sr floor who had wanted to play during the late afternoon rush to go home, also checked later that night and good timing as a waiter from Starbucks visited, stood beside me and soon had the magic flag at full mast!

On Rama IV, the building between Siiom and Suriwongse that the UP2 salon is on the mezzanine [facials with happy endings] meet on ground floor one [obviously designed by a gay architect, perfectly hidden around the corner] then proceed by lift to the top floor of the shopping section for quite action and/or further exploration before taking them elsewhere?

goji
May 4th, 2015, 16:54
Some people see what others do not. Some see what no one else sees.

fountainhall
February 28th, 2016, 10:30
In many dozens of visits to Singapore I have always found it very cruisy. I go to one or more of the gay bars, and in my sauna going days I loved visiting Rairua. I have also never had any problem with hotels sharing a bed with a partner. But it's clear the government continues to turn the screw whenever it sees any advance in gay acceptance.

The notorious Section 377A remains the law of the land, no matter that the present Prime Minister continues to say it will not be implemented for homosexual acts in private. But as the Pink Dot demonstration attracts far more each year - an assembly of the LGBT community and their family and friends started because the government forbids any Gay Pride Parade - the media is increasingly forbidden to write anything that might promote a gay lifestyle. Several TV channels were recently fined for airing LGBT-related content.

Now surely the most ludicrous of all this idiocy. An episode of the Ellen DeGeneris show was censored. OK, Ellen is openly gay. Was she perhaps discussing gay issues with a gay friend? Not at all. Her guest was none other than the President of the USA. In it, Obama says -

You being willing to claim who you were, that suddenly empowers other people. And then suddenly, it's your brother, it's your uncle, it's your best friend, it's your co-workers. And then attitudes shift. And the law is followed, but it started with folks like you. I'm so proud of you.
That statement was cut out of the episode! But it seems the editing was so effective, no-one watching noticed the cut. Bloggers quickly found out and soon most of Singapore was aware of it.

According to clause 6.4 of the Singapore Subscription TV Programme Code, "programmes that depict a homosexual lifestyle should be sensitive to community values. They should not, promote or justify a homosexual lifestyle". Also, according to clause 3.2 of the Free-To-Air TV Programme Code, "all programmes broadcast between 6am and 10pm must be suitable for family audiences". Programmes with "mature content" is described in the code's annex as topics such as "drug use, prostitution or homosexuality".

So being gay in the city state is equated with being a drug addict and a prostitute.