PDA

View Full Version : Note From Wesley

Wesley
November 3rd, 2014, 11:36
Just a short note to say, its been good knowing all of you over the past 20 years or so. I may drop in to see you a little now. I contracted Cholera while working after a Typhoon in the Philippines. I returned home, I then went back for one year, However, I never was the same after that problem and I later returned to the USA for tests. After several tests I discovered I had developed Pneumonia. I was sent home with normal antibiotics. later I collapsed and died from a heart attack in which After 4 days off and on breathing machines and several months in rehab, I was given 6 months to live. I made that 6 months and I guess though, my traveling days are over. When I was without oxygen, I had a lot of damage done to my heart. Thus, I never know if I will make it another day. So, I plan not to live and I live. Like Jinks, I didn't want you to stop hearing at all from me and there be no one that knows what happened. So, after this post if you don't hear from me in a year or so again I am likely dead. Thanks for all the good times and bad . Thinking back now, all of them were good. All the best.

Wesley

a447
November 3rd, 2014, 17:50
Sorry to hear about your unfortunate predicament, Wesley. I've enjoyed your posts over the years. Here's hoping you get back on your feet soon and find your way back to the board as a regular poster.

All the best.

Smiles
November 4th, 2014, 09:18
Hi Wes,
Quite depressing to hear about your myriad afflictions. But perhaps that god you seem to know well as you trudged the windy steppes of Kyrgyzstan can help out after these years of service. You really should have been a nun you know: I've heard tell that godly ladies are immune to Cholera and diseases of the lower-kind.

I remember with a smile the fun ~ sometimes slight rancour ~ we had sparring on this board many years ago . . . and yes yes, I often wondered what you were doing during your great longish 'disappeared' times from this board.

As the Thais say: " ... take a good care, kup phom! ... " (of yourself), and best wishes Wes.

catawampuscat
November 4th, 2014, 15:16
Wes was a good sport and I recall some laying into him for his na├пvet├й.
One can only hope he finds some comfort in his faith and beliefs.

francois
November 5th, 2014, 13:12
Thanks for posting of your condition and keeping us informed.

For those farang who have not gotten their pneumonia vaccine, Wesley's post should be a wake up call. The US CDC has new guidelines for pneumonia vaccines especially for older men.

petr55
November 6th, 2014, 16:33
Wes, I wish you all the best. My prayers are with you.
Your selfless contributions to the less fortunate will not be missed by our creator.

thaiguest
November 7th, 2014, 03:22
I have to say I didn't know you as a poster here. I admire your 'keeping it real'.

The Buddhists are probably closest to the reality of living and dying -each is of equal value-neither to be feared. We will ALL experience both.

Our consciousness during the time in the womb before our birth cannot be re-called or imagined but did exist none-the-less. Likewise with our passing into the cosmos where we all belong and always have belonged.
It cannot be imagined now but it will exist none-the-less.

And there's a strong chance, given your spirit, that you'll be back here in Thailand for a bit more fun prior to your (and our) passing.

GWMinUS
November 7th, 2014, 23:16
Wesley,
As another lover of Pinoy men I was saddened to hear of your condition.
I assume the typhoon was the one that devastated Leyte??
I have one friend from Letye, he lives in Manila but went home to help.
His poor family lost most of everything.
I am also on 24 hour oxygen. The high altitude here in Santa Fe, New Mexico is not good for my old lungs.
But when I travel to the Philippines, down at sea level, I am just fine. Just cannot go visit Baguio!!!
So all my best in INGAT!!
George

wyrleyboy
November 7th, 2014, 23:44
Me too, Wesley.
I looked forward to your posts.
I lived in the Philippines some time ago and have great empathy with you.
Good memories

travelerjim
November 8th, 2014, 11:09
Saddened to read of your situation Wesley...
Thank you for your many postings over the years on the forum...
May you find peace and secure good medical care as you endure this life event.
Please do update us as you may..in days & times ahead.
You are in my thoughts and prayers...with best wishes.
God Bless You and your care takers too....
Tj

Dalewood
November 9th, 2014, 21:54
All my best to you Wesley. I had pneumonia about three years ago and it was no joke. I had been having what I thought were back spasms for a couple of days, so I finally went to the doctor. He sent me straight to the emergency room and I ended up in the hospital for ten days. They drained over a half quart of fluid out of my lungs; that what was causing the pain. At first they thought it was a pulmonary embolism so they waited on the draining. My heart went out a couple of times. I had planned to do a lot of traveling after my retirement, but I have already started. These events do make you reflect on your mortality; you just do not know how long you will be on this side of the grass.

Wesley
November 15th, 2014, 11:45
Thanks so much for your kindness as you gave such good advice and care to an old fart. Why even smiles was gracious I see. I am a bit better since as one poster mentioned, they took the fluid out. I assume things can get much worse fast as I have been though most of it once so, I thought I should let you know how things are doing.You guys filled many a lonely moment for me when in the Steppe.I really should have died a couple of times,once when my lover was killed in an an automobile accident. and most recently when I was not expected to live. But a year later here I sit. I lost a few months memory but everything else I remember especially Smiles whom I always wanted to look up to as having the wild hair I never had.

All thee Best,

Wes

Dax
November 15th, 2014, 13:52
Wesley-Just a note to wish you well and continued improvement. I enjoyed your posts about Manila so much so that a few years ago I returned there and have not returned to Thailand. I find some of the men there to be some of the most handsome men on this side of God's good earth....you just have to find them. Besides the regular featured Filipinos, the mixed Spanish men are choice. Salamat po. Take care Wes and please keep in touch.

Dax

Smiles
November 15th, 2014, 23:10
Dear Wes,
Please let us know when you decide to abandon this churlish world ... just for old times sake, (ignoring that we all will leave it sooner or later), and I'll light an air kratong for you. I mean that.
But fuck existential philosophy ... know what I mean?

luvthai-2
November 16th, 2014, 04:59
Miracles do happen so never give up. I want to thank you on your posting of the Philippines and have decided to relocate there in a couple of months mostly because of your postings. I hope I can contribute something to improving the lives of others as you have done. Best wishes are with you

November 16th, 2014, 06:05
The Buddhists are probably closest to the reality of living and dying -each is of equal value-neither to be feared.I hadn't realised that "dust you are and to dust you will return" was a Buddhist text; likewise "It is better to go to a house of mourning than to go to a house of feasting, for death is the destiny of everyone; the living should take this to heart" or even "Man, that is born of a woman, has but a short time to live, and is full of misery. He comes up, and is cut down, like a flower; he flees as it were a shadow, and never continues in one stay. In the midst of life we are in death; of whom may we seek for succour".

Wesley
November 16th, 2014, 06:30
Dear Wes,
Please let us know when you decide to abandon this churlish world ... just for old times sake, (ignoring that we all will leave it sooner or later), and I'll light an air kratong for you. I mean that.
But fuck existential philosophy ... know what I mean?

It seems at least Smiles, having already died once, it is much easier to keep my head out of the clouds now days. I guess I have become a practical pragmatist. It seems not to be as important as a simple touch from another persons hand than to be right anymore. Seems just winning an argument is not so high on my list anymore.Anyway, you have been a good friend to me many years now, not to say we are close as partners, however you taught me a lot. Much of it I was able to take to other forums and people. Your unfailing pragmatism and often touchy words left me speechless. Anyway, I am sorry about what happened to your brother. I know that affected your life greatly.

Thanks for the lighting of the flame, I suppose however, I will not know when it happens. My heart is the main issue and I would say that is important in two different ways. If I know I am soon passing I will let you guys know, if it comes as did the last time , I will not know it has happened until it is too late.

To my friend in the Philippines, all I can say is I wish I was there. My Bf from there is coming here to take care of me for as long as it takes. fortunately having already gone one time, doing it again is not nearly so frightening as before. :)

Again,

Fsivo Horoshiva,
All tee best.

Wesley

Wesley
November 16th, 2014, 06:41
Miracles do happen so never give up. I want to thank you on your posting of the Philippines and have decided to relocate there in a couple of months mostly because of your postings. I hope I can contribute something to improving the lives of others as you have done. Best wishes are with you

wow, I can say the little guys are faithful and not always looking for money to be that way.My Bf is a nurse and son of a prominent doctor there, Had it not been for him Cholera would have taken me several years ago.

I wish you the best in your time ahead.they do love Americans there. I cannot say that is true for most of the world. So it can be a little piece of heaven if you stay faithful to your trek in life.

All the best

Wesley

Wesley
November 17th, 2014, 09:21
Yes indeed, Miracles do still Happen!

Wesley
February 15th, 2015, 13:38
Just a note to let you guys know I am still here, I suspect however 7 months may be pushing a prognosis to the final days although they most likely expect no more than 4 months.

Dodger
February 15th, 2015, 15:35
Hi Wesley,

As all here i am very sorry to hear about your health concerns and hope that things may take a turn for the better.

I enjoyed the years of banter with you and the others on our older forums going back to the "Hedda Wars_ and wondered what happened to you.

As a Bhuddist, I beileve in living within the moment and appreciate each day as it comes knowing that one day my present body will give out marking the beginning of yet another adventure....but hope that in my next adventure I can return looking like Justin Bieber with a 10 inch cock...555...and gay again of course.

Don't fret the partial memory loss either because there's a lot of things we would all like to forget if given the opportunity. The important thing is that you are fully aware of the moment and that's all we can all hope for.

Mai pen rai,

Dodger

catawampuscat
February 15th, 2015, 15:55
None of us know how much time we have left. So many choose to spend their last days
where they have found happiness and pleasure in better days. One can only hope you
find solace in your beliefs and are as comfortable as possible in the good hands of bf.