PDA

View Full Version : Bangkokbois Blog Status?

CM expat
November 3rd, 2014, 09:30
Does anyone know what is going on with Bangkokbois? It hasn't been updated for about a week, and today some generic page comes up instead.

November 3rd, 2014, 09:45
It looks as though the domain has not been renewed, something that happened with monotonous regularity on the old SGT when Elephantspike was running the show. It may be an oversight, it may be a fatality.

CM expat
November 3rd, 2014, 10:14
Interesting! I thought SGT/SN was actually hosting Bangkokbois now for Rush after he had some censorship problem on Wordpress.

bkkmfj2648
November 3rd, 2014, 12:37
I am guessing the following happened:

- Rush left Phil for his long first love Dave
- Dave and Rush went to LOS so that they could be together with Noom
- Probably has not had time to make updates while he is in LOS

I cannot wait to hear how it all played out - their triangular love story....
Hopefully when he gets back from LOS he will update the Bangkokbois blog....

what I write is all speculation - and based on the information that Rush posted on his blog...

Surfcrest
November 3rd, 2014, 14:50
I am working with my tech team to get this resolved. I suspect I know what the problem is and we should have the site back tomorrow or shortly after.
On the very off chance that Rush, Yet Again has shut it down himself...I'll also provide an explanation once I hear from him.

Surfcrest

Smiles
November 4th, 2014, 09:34
It looks as though the domain has not been renewed, something that happened with monotonous regularity on the old SGT when Elephantspike was running the show.
Pure exaggeration. I believe over 6 or 7 years of his ownership I can recall it happening only once or twice for that reason.
When he owned the EZBoard version of Sawatdee (i.e. the original Sawatdee Forum) the very annoying wonky instability of the EzBoard servers was the main problem. Switching over to phpBB system cured that.

llz
November 5th, 2014, 01:05
This what I get now on their website :

bangkokbois-gay-thailand-blog.com expired on 10/30/2014 and is pending renewal or deletion.

lego
November 5th, 2014, 23:49
Right, simply a case of the domain registration expiring. If that happened by accident, he can reactivate it. Here's hoping.

a447
November 6th, 2014, 14:57
I hope it's just a glitch than will soon be fixed.

I enjoy Rush's writing style, I also appreciate his sense of humour humour and interesting information....not to mention the photos he regularly posts.

dab69
November 8th, 2014, 13:01
Back online but not updated. No new posts, explanations as yet.

Surfcrest
November 10th, 2014, 14:24
what I write is all speculation - and based on the information that Rush posted on his blog...

You're a clever man Mr. M :)

Surfcrest

http://bangkokbois-gay-thailand-blog.com/2014/11/09/i-fell-in-love-with-a-bar-boy-disappearing-act/

bkkmfj2648
November 11th, 2014, 01:38
Thanks Surfcrest,

The only part that I did not get right was the possibility that his domain name would expire....
I'm addicted to his blog - so, it was the only logical solution - and I am sure that he has his hands pleasantly full and not time for updating the blog or dealing with expiring domain names....

cheers,
M.