PDA

View Full Version : Best Place for a gay, "40-something" to live in Thailand...?

An American Guy
October 29th, 2014, 05:37
Any suggestions for a gay, 40-something, American expat to retire? Chiang Mai? I'm more a a small-town person.

bobsaigon2
October 29th, 2014, 16:27
Nong Khai. (Enter it in Search in this forum, there are several threads.)

bobsaigon2
October 29th, 2014, 19:25
Mae Sae, north of Chiang Rai, on Thai-Burmese border.

latintopxxx
October 29th, 2014, 20:17
i would prefer something close to Pattaya or hua hin, like within a 20 min drive as Ilike being close to the sea. In high season also good to see lotsa white faces around, very entertaining. Would be bored if surrounded by Thais all year long only.

thaiguest
October 30th, 2014, 01:20
Any suggestions for a gay, 40-something, American expat to retire? Chiang Mai? I'm more a a small-town person.

The very south of Thailand, the very middle of nowhere, on any remote island-indeed anywhere that keeps you far away from where we (the 60-90 year olds) hang out /hang on.

joe552
October 30th, 2014, 05:23
I'd have thought that providing a bit more information about yourself would get a more useful response. Such as: have you been to Thailand before, and if so, which areas did you like? Do you want to be near the sea or in the mountains? Are you looking for a local gay scene?

As just an occasional tourist I can't offer any advice on permanent living - but Pattaya works for me. Plenty of gay entertainment, but lots more besides. Close enough to Bangkok for the occasional visit, as well as being close to Koh Chang or Koh Samet if you want some island time.

goji
October 30th, 2014, 05:53
Well, if you rent for a month or so, the price of an apartment comes down to peanuts.
So, how about trying all of these places for a month just to see which you like best?