PDA

View Full Version : Jomtiem

aot871
October 18th, 2014, 19:12
Many guys give up todate reports on boys town and sunnie , but not much about jomtiem . As some one whos about to arrive in pattaya in the next 10 days , is there anyone out there who could give an up todate report on jomtiem area

RichLB
October 18th, 2014, 23:03
Just to start things off, I've noticed the same thing re: few comments about Jomtien. For me, I find it the best area in Pattaya. Boyztown seems highly overpriced and Sunee is just plain depressing. Jomtien Complex, though, is lively, brightly lit and has eye candy everywhere, great little restaurants, and even a show bar. What the complex doesn't have, though, is gogo bars. There's plenty of open air host bars with lots of eager young men anxious to make you happy, but no dancers in their underwear. Oh, and I forgot to mention the Jomtien Complex is right next to the gay section of Dongtan Beach. If I was a visitor looking for a place to stay, there's no debate, I'd pick Jomtien.

lukylok
October 19th, 2014, 01:07
Exactly what I wanted to answer.
Regarding hosts bar Jomtien is far superior.
But no gogo boys and now sexy shows, but there is the Venue which is pretty good.
And the bars are far more lively.

catawampuscat
October 19th, 2014, 01:11
Also many good restaurants.
Some of the bar beers have 20 or 30 boys working and there are many bars concentrated
together. I would estimate about 150 boys in the Jomtien Complex bars.
It's great to have 3 major areas of boy bars, each with its own unique bars.

egel
October 19th, 2014, 01:52
Some of the bar beers have 20 or 30 boys working
Which ones???? Never seen anything like that at all.

Gaybutton
October 19th, 2014, 02:37
Another thing I like about Jomtien Complex - the bars cooperate and support each other. Just last Saturday the Question Mark bar hosted a large party. Several boys from other bars were sent to help out.

For me, if I want to spend an evening in go-go bars, I prefer Sunee Plaza. If I want to spend an evening in beer bars, I prefer Jomtien Complex.

Smiles
October 19th, 2014, 10:37
For the second time in a decade I agree wholeheartedly with RichLB's opinion ~ of Jomtien that is.
All I can say to the OP is to go what that post.

Re: GoGo (as above): I'm under the impression that Jomtien Plaza is not 'Entertainment-Zoned' for GoGo Bars, but it seems that all else is open season: i.e. lots of very good looking Thai guys floating around the plaza.
The average size of all the host bars in Jomtien is much larger (the square footage that is, not necessarily the Thai guys) than in Sunnee or Boyztown. This means that they can provide more varied little seating nooks for a bit of privacy, better sofas and chairs to lounge on, and room for a pool table which is always appreciated when the hunter and the hunted do not speak each others language: the language of shooting pool is universal.

I think this map is pretty up to date:

( http://gayjomtienbeach.blogspot.com/p/g ... mplex.html (http://gayjomtienbeach.blogspot.com/p/guide-to-jomtien-complex.html) )

Manforallseasons
October 19th, 2014, 11:49
Some of the bar beers have 20 or 30 boys working
Which ones???? Never seen anything like that at all.

Typical of a catawampuss post!

LoveThailand
October 19th, 2014, 12:26
During last visit to Pty I was alternating between BT and Jomtien. BT outings were rather rare since I stayed at Talay View and after most of the day at the beach evening fun at Jomtien was just steps away.
I also liked the variety of boys - could always find some to my liking (I am not into thin twinks).

Up2U
October 19th, 2014, 16:14
Smiles, I agree with your comments above but Nicky's map is more current. Includes Yupins (replaces Oley), adds Oh Yes!, Sun, puts Sam's on the right side of Soi, properly drops Gandymede, etc.

http://www.nickysgaypattaya.com/gay-pat ... p-jomtien/ (http://www.nickysgaypattaya.com/gay-pattaya/jomtien/map-jomtien/)

anonone
October 19th, 2014, 18:23
It has been quite awhile since I have visited Jomtien. Might have to make an effort to get down there again.

The last time I visited, it was a pain to get back to Pattaya via Baht bus. They seemed scarce and often times already full. This was high season a couple years ago, so maybe it is better now?

lukylok
October 19th, 2014, 18:58
I never have a problem with baht busses. Never wait more than a couple of minutes.
At worst there are motorsay on the corner.
Regarding Nicky's map, even if it's better than the one Smiles posted, it's already outdated : three more bars have opened and XMen is closed. Things go so fast, you need a weekly update.

paulfort
October 20th, 2014, 04:41
I am back in Pattaya early next month and previously probably guilty of spending a lot of time in Boystown, I don't like the more skinny fen boys in Sunee as I prefer the more defined or muscular types and whilst I have always found Jomtiem Beach OK in the day the only time I have been to the complex at night is to enjoy a fantastic T Bone Steak at East Tapas and usually with a friend or two from Boys town in tow!

Following comments on this thread I think I defiantly need to take a re look at Jomtien on an evening, are there some more muscular or at least defined guys working as hosts at the bars, if so which bars are best and are they "offable" same as at the Boystown gogo bars?

Up2U
October 20th, 2014, 08:50
I never have a problem with baht busses. Never wait more than a couple of minutes.
At worst there are motorsay on the corner.
Regarding Nicky's map, even if it's better than the one Smiles posted, it's already outdated : three more bars have opened and XMen is closed. Things go so fast, you need a weekly update.
Maybe you could list the new openings?

In high seasons past getting a baht bus going into town meant long waits during the dinner hours because of the volume of Russian tourists mostly. With the number of Russians way down and tourism in general hopefully this high season will be more tolerable. Going to Jomtien is easier, just get in the que by the school at 2nd and South Pattaya Rds.

Smiles
October 20th, 2014, 10:28
"...Nicky's map is more current ..."
http://www.nickysgaypattaya.com/gay-pat ... p-jomtien/ (http://www.nickysgaypattaya.com/gay-pattaya/jomtien/map-jomtien/)
Yes, I'm sure of that. Maps of gay venues anywhere in Thailand are nothing if not moveable feasts.
My last trip to Jomtien was way back in February (I think). One often takes one's life in one's hands promoting such directions.

Nirvana
October 20th, 2014, 11:06
....no gogo boys and dancers in their underwear ....Jomthien Plaza is better off without them
keeps out the "white trash " that visits these establishments ...
now that I have lit the match ....lets see how the fire spreads ??

Up2U
October 20th, 2014, 13:13
....no gogo boys and dancers in their underwear ....Jomthien Plaza is better off without them
keeps out the "white trash " that visits these establishments ...
now that I have lit the match ....lets see how the fire spreads ??
Hate to blow your match out and extinguish the fire but go-go bars are banned in Jomtien. There is one girlie go go bar by the Jomtien Plaza which is rumored to be police owned and has been grandfathered. White trash will have to find another home.

frequentfliers
October 20th, 2014, 16:10
spent a few weeks there recently and loved every minute we spent there.I noticed a lot of parties going on for boys in various bars and the same men going to each one and stuffing their faces with free food.When the food stopped they vanished.If that is all these guys can do its very sad indeed.
No shortage of genuine tourists there and the guys were great company to be with.The complex has come a long way.Totally recommend it.

lukylok
October 20th, 2014, 16:18
"The white trash" is 80% yellow nowadays and certainly 15 % female !
That's the kind of troll post we can do without.

Back to the OP, one new name I noticed is Boy Gaga, next to previous XMen.
Between The Venue and the Poseidon, at night, it is one long double line of bars without much boundaries. And if a boy "recognises" you, he can greet you 50 meters from his bar ! ;)

frequentfliers
October 20th, 2014, 19:37
I would recommend Sun Bar near the Venue,great guys there and no pressure to buy drinks.Enjoy.

Up2U
October 20th, 2014, 20:53
The Cafe Indochine is now open. Vietnamese cuisine, the old location of Olivieri.

Smiles
October 21st, 2014, 00:38
... now that I have lit the match ....lets see how the fire spreads ??
Honest to fuckin' christ man ... can't you do better than that?
How sophomoric can one get?. And a country-man to boot.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just FYI: " ... Sophomoric humor refers to juvenile, puerile, and base comedy that would normally be expected from an adolescent ... "

egel
October 21st, 2014, 01:23
So Catman, name that bar with 20 to 30 boys. Come on.

LoveThailand
October 21st, 2014, 02:44
How are patrons of Jomtien different from those of BT? I'll leave Sunee out of equation.

thaiguest
October 21st, 2014, 03:36
It has to be that I'm wrong. If one is out of step with the majority in any forum then it's time to take stock. But before I commit cyber hari-kari can I ask what the f-ck is this hyper-crap all about?
The fact is that opening new bars in the real world usually follows the arrival of NEW CUSTOM . There's not alone NO increase in customers in Jomtien but probably the opposite.
The result is numerous bars with loads of boys but very, very few paying customers.
I went to Two Faces and Question Mark last week. Lots of great boys-Cambodians among them- but only one or two paying customers in each venue and on a quick visual inspection the same everywhere else.
What therefore explains the orgasmic reports posted above?
I'm at a loss to know.
I may be the only one in the platoon out of step.
Actually I hope so.

Up2U
October 21st, 2014, 09:23
Jomtien can be slow one night and busy the next, just like the other gay venues in town. Last night drinking at 4T(?) opposite Two Faces there 8 customers at 6:30. Two Faces across the Soi had many anxious boys but I saw only 4 customers. I know the night was early and things probably picked up but I went to dinner. Gandymede is history and Pour House opposite had zero customers. Dolce Vita surprisingly had no customers because it has always seemed very busy in the past, just one of those nights I guess.

petr55
October 22nd, 2014, 15:44
I like the bars at Jomtien.
Esp if I am staying at a hotel in the area.
I prefer the host bars there to the ones in Sunee.
And if I am not mistaken the drinks there are cheaper than Boyztown.

The street where Poseidon is has quite a few nice host bars.
Many of the boys are Lao or Cambodian. And unfortunately, most of them are tops and not bottoms.
But otherwise, it is a nice place to sit down, relax and maybe sing some karaoke.

I was there last December and had a blast.

Gaybutton
October 22nd, 2014, 17:48
So Catman, name that bar with 20 to 30 boys. Come on.
Actually, if Catawampuscat was there the night the Question Mark bar hosted a lady-boy contest a couple weeks ago, he would be correct. I and some friends ate at La Dolce Vita that night. We got there before the party started. When it started the music volume drove me away. However, there were quite a number of boys there that night. Several other bars had cooperated and sent some of their boys to help out. I didn't stick around to take a head count, but there were indeed a lot more boys than usual there that night.

davidsobe
October 23rd, 2014, 10:57
I have not been to Pattaya for approaching 3 years. I understand that Ganymede Hotel has gone all straight. Pity. Is that true? The owner obviously overbuilt by adding two or more new wings to the hotel. In my opinion, the hotel lacked marketing skills to attract guests, which is typical for ALL gay hotels in Pattaya. I have traveled to Pattaya 8 times from New York City, staying in four different gay hotels. Over a ten year period, not one of the hotels ever emailed me, suggesting that I return, or periodically updating me on events, special deals, shows, etc., etc. All of the smart marketing businesses now heavily rely on Facebook to update their "friends" on various things, posting many photos.

Gaybutton
October 23rd, 2014, 11:47
I understand that Ganymede Hotel has gone all straight. Pity. Is that true?
Not exclusively straight. I have some gay friends that still stay there when they come to Pattaya, but Ganymede no longer seems to actively seek out gays. I used to see gays and several available boy hosts sitting outside at the bar every night, especially Friday evenings when they would put out a "finger food" buffet. Now they don't do the buffet anymore and I rarely see anybody at all sitting out there.

Nirvana
October 23rd, 2014, 12:12
... now that I have lit the match ....lets see how the fire spreads ??
Honest to fuckin' christ man ... can't you do better than that?
How sophomoric can one get?. And a country-man to boot.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just FYI: " ... Sophomoric humor refers to juvenile, puerile, and base comedy that would normally be expected from an adolescent ... "

So Smiles ...sophomoric you think ..! did you find that in the dictionary of the Kootnays/Cariboo ?

yes I like Jomthien Plaza the way it is , no boy gogo bars with various choices of resturants and entertainments ,
being an infrequent visitor to Jomthien perhaps you don't see that ?
I used to enjoy your trips with your BF to his family and all that encounters....
I think now, you are a little bored down there in Hua Hin , any exscuse for a post .....

less you think I'm a fly by night ....I've been coming to Thailand and SE Asia for 25 years , I have a home and business here ,
and the likes of "lukylol" from Belgium/Chaing Mai ...who used the word 'troll "and the Gentileman from Deleware who after a
few visits to Bangkok became the resident KnowIt All ........LORD give me patience ...but give it to me Now !

lonelywombat
October 23rd, 2014, 12:39
I have traveled to Pattaya 8 times from New York City, staying in four different gay hotels. Over a ten year period, not one of the hotels ever emailed me, suggesting that I return, or periodically updating me on events, special deals, shows, etc., etc.
The only gay place that ever emails me is Poseiden and that is close to 6/7 years since I stayed there. Dusit Thani is the main poster from straight hotels

gregvc
October 23rd, 2014, 15:57
Does that mean that Ganymede is closed? I have never seen anyone there and no-one can tell me they have been to the sauna. What is going to happen now that the police are cracking down on even famous sauna owners (last week raids on house of male and HiJack).

Up2U
October 23rd, 2014, 18:55
Does that mean that Ganymede is closed? I have never seen anyone there and no-one can tell me they have been to the sauna. What is going to happen now that the police are cracking down on even famous sauna owners (last week raids on house of male and HiJack).
Still open. Nicky's Gay Pattaya met with owners sometime ago and based on that conversation explaining their new marketing strategy, Nicky's delisted them as a gay venue. There are no hosts visible.

Gaybutton
October 23rd, 2014, 19:35
Does that mean that Ganymede is closed?
No, Ganymede is open, but no longer exclusively gay. Apparently Ganymede has become much more interested in a different marketing strategy - attracting straights. Meanwhile, I hardly ever see anybody there at all. The new strategy is working great, isn't it? I've never understood why some venues that have a formula that works change it and usually end up with a white elephant that doesn't work - and then resist changing it back. Oh well . . .

As for the sauna, I think it's still open, but I'm not sure. I would think it is no longer a gay sauna and I don't think it was ever very popular anyway. If you're looking for a gay sauna in Pattaya, I suggest Sansuk Sauna ( http://www.sansukpattaya.com ). As far as I know, Sansuk is Pattaya's only gay sauna and it is popular with willing young gents - mostly in the late afternoon and early evening. There are a few videos about Sansuk Sauna on YouTube.

thaiguest
October 24th, 2014, 02:46
Still open. Nicky's Gay Pattaya met with owners sometime ago and based on that conversation explaining their new marketing strategy, Nicky's delisted them as a gay venue. There are no hosts visible.

The owner is an honorable (gay) and successful businessman.

The ONE exception to his overall success in business is his propensity for hiring clueless middle-management and senior management staff in his Jomtien property.

Nature abhors a vacuum so the straights took the rooms and hogged the pool and the "gay" sauna.

I went poolside there about 1 yr ago and I competed with a heavily-pregnant Russian Lady, her over-lording husband and a boisterous clutch of (already birthed) offspring in my enjoyment of the (still advertised) "gay" venue.

Never went back.

They've taken the beaches, they've taken the high ground (Pratunack), they've sent in skirmishers to Pattaya and beyond so they may as well capture Jomtien complex also.

Resistance is futile.

BUT it's an ill wind that doesn't blow somebody some good.

Perhaps the glorious GRAND RUSSIAN BALLET movers and shakers will take over that white elephant on Threpassit Rd. known as the "Coleseum"

Up2U
October 24th, 2014, 09:01

The owner is an honorable (gay) and successful businessman.

The ONE exception to his overall success in business is his propensity for hiring clueless middle-management and senior management staff in his Jomtien property.

Nature abhors a vacuum so the straights took the rooms and hogged the pool and the "gay" sauna.

I went poolside there about 1 yr ago and I competed with a heavily-pregnant Russian Lady, her over-lording husband and a boisterous clutch of (already birthed) offspring in my enjoyment of the (still advertised) "gay" venue.

Never went back.

They've taken the beaches, they've taken the high ground (Pratunack), they've sent in skirmishers to Pattaya and beyond so they may as well capture Jomtien complex also.

Resistance is futile.

BUT it's an ill wind that doesn't blow somebody some good.

Perhaps the glorious GRAND RUSSIAN BALLET movers and shakers will take over that white elephant on Threpassit Rd. known as the "Coleseum"
If it is any consolation to you the Russian numbers are way down, even at the beach the clanish young Russians are absent this year. Have to wait about high season though and cannot speak about sansuk sauna. Overall the Jomtien Complex is a mixed venue but I would describe the Poseidon soi as being as gay as any area in Pattaya.

Gaybutton
October 24th, 2014, 18:12
I would describe the Poseidon soi as being as gay as any area in Pattaya.
Also, don't leave out the soi from the Ritz Cafe down and around the former Sunrise Tacos soi. Every venue there is a gay venue with one exception - next door to the former Sunrise Tacos there is a girlie bar.

Up2U
October 24th, 2014, 20:12
I would describe the Poseidon soi as being as gay as any area in Pattaya.
Also, don't leave out the soi from the Ritz Cafe down and around the former Sunrise Tacos soi. Every venue there is a gay venue with one exception - next door to the former Sunrise Tacos there is a girlie bar.
Good point. The former Derby massage was remodeled and reopened with a mix of masseurs and masseuses. Now I only see men so it must be gay as the boys call out to you when walking by. Of course, there is Dicks Cafe and two relatively new gay bars a few steps away. There are two gay venues a few doors from the Ritz but I seldom see customers, poor location.

latintopxxx
October 24th, 2014, 23:03
you all do realise that there isnt really a genuine Thai gay zone...its all about the money...

Up2U
October 25th, 2014, 07:56
you all do realise that there isnt really a genuine Thai gay zone...its all about the money...
Huh, the discussion was about gay venues. If I want to socialize with friends, have a chat or make a date I wouldn't go to the Hilton. Ultimately, everything is about money, life is about money.

loke
November 6th, 2014, 17:54
If you want young eager boys ready to please try Sun bar. Jomtien complex is much better than Boyztown now, a lot more fun .

catawampuscat
November 6th, 2014, 18:29
Many farangs prefer Jomtien Complex. If they allowed Gogo boybars, you wouldn't
need to go elsewhere. The numbers of boys available is amazing and friendly as well.