PDA

View Full Version : 2 british people murdered

aot871
October 12th, 2014, 16:09
Does any one think that the case of the 2 burmise guys is a set up by the thai police to quiten down the ongoing international media

Up2U
October 12th, 2014, 16:45
This may shed some light.

http://bangkokpost.com/opinion/opinion/ ... ed-murders (http://bangkokpost.com/opinion/opinion/437182/the-big-issue-the-unsolved-murders)

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/nationa ... 45295.html (http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Lawyers-want-DNA-tested-by-UK-police-30245295.html)

llz
October 12th, 2014, 22:41
Does any one think that the case of the 2 burmise guys is a set up by the thai police to quiten down the ongoing international media
Thousands of posts about this in the thai social media and on Thaivisa. Most believe it's a set-up by the corrupt thai police who would want to protect some local powerful family especially one of their scions.

What is almost sure is that the two (cute) arakanese boys could not have made it alone, they look too frail to have been able to do the double crime and to move David's body. Beyond this, nobody can be sure of anything. The inquiry has been so bungled by the BiB that even a new DNA check could not deliver the culprit's name with the required certainty.

Personnally I think the boys could have seen something but I fail to understand how they could have acted in such a nasty way. But then I could be influenced by their angelic faces.

Since the arrest, social media have shown their new power and some hope that this could lead to a much needed reform of Royal Thai police - although I would not hold my breath.

Smiles
October 13th, 2014, 09:29
Please delete. Double post, sorry

Smiles
October 13th, 2014, 09:31
In most western countries which have a stable and reasonably trustworthy legal system and players, this case would be thrown out the door into the dustbin by the police chief (first), then the head prosecutor (second), and sadly if not them, then finally the judge (laughing his ass off as he does so).
But Thailand is not like that, on any level: The Keystone Cops variety of the (so-called) 'investigation' is as common here as a rice paddy, and very often the laughable nonsense known as 'The Law' here has held up . . . all the way up to the judge. More often than not, money changes hands at each level: do you remember that Hi-So young lady who, a few years back was speeding on the motorway, swerved and hit a minibus, which then plummeted down onto the street below. Everyone in the minibus was killed. She was talking (or texting) on her phone at the time. After the family ~ a very rich one ~ paid of those who needed to be paid off nothing was heard of this again.

I have read some rumblings in the english press that some powers that be are under great pressure to get this thing right, but will that be able to stand under the equally great pressure on the other end?: i.e. the pressure to ensure that the Keystone Boys do not lose face. Although, in the 'Real World' that face has long been lost at this point in the game . . . but probably not yet by Those Who Matter.

Oliver
October 13th, 2014, 10:59
Another case of the Usual Suspects. And as for the re-enactment stunts , where would the police be without a few softened-up Burmese young men to parade in front of a gawking (and self-satisfied) public?

thaiguest
October 13th, 2014, 12:00
The chief investigator has made a statement something like as follows "They're no longer suspects, they're culprits" Unbelievable!

October 13th, 2014, 13:06
It's news to you what sort of country you're living in?

lego
October 13th, 2014, 14:42
do you remember that Hi-So young lady who, a few years back was speeding on the motorway, swerved and hit a minibus, which then plummeted down onto the street below. Everyone in the minibus was killed. She was talking (or texting) on her phone at the time. After the family ~ a very rich one ~ paid of those who needed to be paid off nothing was heard of this again.
I'm not sure what you mean with "nothing was heard of this again". Yes, her family probably had to pay dearly for the lenient sentence she's ultimately received, but unlike other prominent offenders who simply abscond (like the Red Bull heir who killed a police officer), she has actually had her day in court, twice.

The Juvenile Court initially sentenced her to a prison sentence of three years, commuted to two years. The Appeals Court commuted the whole sentence on the condition of her doing 48 hours of community work. While that's indeed a shockingly lenient punishment for causing 9 deaths, that's not a good example for a "nothing heard of it again" case, unlike others. I think the real scandal with this particular case is that she shouldn't have been driving a car in the first place (not of legal age, no driving license) and that those who enabled her to drive regardless weren't punished at all.

Oh, and let's not forget that she was shamed all over the internet with her real name and photos. So at least the public now has the means to dole out some extras when the courts fail to deliver justice. She would have been even much better off 10 years ago, no question about that.

Smiles
October 13th, 2014, 23:17
The Juvenile Court initially sentenced her to a prison sentence of three years, commuted to two years. The Appeals Court commuted the whole sentence on the condition of her doing 48 hours of community work. While that's indeed a shockingly lenient punishment for causing 9 deaths.
Oh, and let's not forget that she was shamed all over the internet with her real name and photos.
All meaningless. The Thai Hi-so structure cares nothing for an all-encompassing 'shamededness' all over the internet. It cares not one iota whether farangs on the internet are shaming her. Who cares about them?
The only 'caring' that will happen would be if the small/rich/elitist Thai society she is bound up in actually gave a outraged damn about her being charged and sentenced to a reasonable judgement which should have been handed out in the case of so many killed.
Commuted to two years? You figure that's reasonable justice?

Smiles
October 13th, 2014, 23:19
The Juvenile Court initially sentenced her to a prison sentence of three years, commuted to two years. The Appeals Court commuted the whole sentence on the condition of her doing 48 hours of community work. While that's indeed a shockingly lenient punishment for causing 9 deaths.
Oh, and let's not forget that she was shamed all over the internet with her real name and photos.
All meaningless. The Thai Hi-so structure cares nothing for an all-encompassing 'shamededness' all over the internet. It cares not one iota whether farangs on the internet are shaming her. Who cares about them?
The only 'caring' that will happen would be if the small/rich/elitist Thai society she is bound up in actually gave a outraged damn about her being charged and sentenced to a reasonable judgement which should have been handed out in the case of so many killed.

lego
October 14th, 2014, 02:28
Which part of "that's indeed a shockingly lenient punishment for causing 9 deaths" was it that you didn't understand? If you choose to put words in my mouth, choose more wisely.

You also misread the part about social media shaming, I wasn't talking about comments made by foreigners. You probably cannot fully grasp the impact if your personal exposure to social media has been rather limited, but why make that so blatantly obvious with an uninformed comment? The same certainly isn't the case with that young socialite! Many hi-so people do care about their image at least to the extent that they like to be able to go to a fancy restaurant or first class check-in counter without all the regular folks (and fellow hi-sos) instantly recognizing and identifying them with such a horrible incident and gossiping behind their back. And that's my point, 10 years ago she wouldn't even have had to face that little extra inconvenience that public shaming provides for nowadays. So things might slowly be moving in the right direction, same like with videotaping (yes, without the actual tape, my dear Smiles) police officers while they're pocketing bribes.