PDA

View Full Version : LMTU SHOCK SCOOP POST NOW CONFIRMED.

wowpow
June 19th, 2006, 15:37
L M T Y PLEASE STOP SHOUTING The sale of a gay bar in Pattaya is hardly earthshaking news especially when you had forwarned us it was for sale. Still gratefull for the news. Many will want to wish Kevin a happy retirement from the business and hopefully as speedy return to good health.

The scoops I like best are in the water bucket in the squat lavatories.

Have a nice day

P S You might have mentioned that there are some very nice, off plan, condo's for sale. I am thinking of including free chesseburgers to tempt a buyer.

June 19th, 2006, 15:47
You might have mentioned that there are some very nice, off plan, condo's for sale. I am thinking of including free cheeseburgers to tempt a buyer.

With grilled onions?...

June 19th, 2006, 16:36
Maybe all of gay Thailand is for sale.

Recently, Khun Bon put for sale signs on every one of his Paradise businesses including My Way, Passport, Spartucus, WOW Karaoke, Fong Kaew Mansion, and the buildings occupied by Ruby Slipper and Angel restaurant among others. My Way has the higest asking price at 60 million bt. Rumors are that while Bon and Beer would love to sell at the right price, they hardly expect to find a buyer, and that Bon is having a bit of fun poking his finger in the eye of several of his competitors in Paradise.

In other news, Khun Tangmo has placed a for sale sign on Newspaper restaurant and has informed the owners of Visa bar that he will not be renewing their lease on that building as he wants to open his own business in the building.

Ice Bar has been sold to the same people that operate SBY travel agency (it is in the next soi over from the main gay soi).

Pete

June 19th, 2006, 16:53
Maybe all of gay Thailand is for sale.

Business must go very badly for bars if they all for sale !

June 19th, 2006, 17:03
I think that is a pretty big leap of logic. Successful businesses are put up for sale, for one reason or another, all the time.

catawampuscat
June 19th, 2006, 17:32
I just came back from the emergency room as I went into shock and fell out of my chair..Quite a commotion at the internet shop
and I thought using the siren on the ambulence was a little over the top but hey..it was earthshattering news and I personally can
think of few times in my long life when I was so shocked.........just amazing but I think I will survive the shock of it all........ :cat:

June 19th, 2006, 17:50
Be brave, Catawumps. That's all we can do in these shocking times in which we live. Godspeed.

andrewcraig
June 19th, 2006, 17:59
Be brave, Catawumps. That's all we can do in these shocking times in which we live.

June 19th, 2006, 19:42
[

CERTAINLY IT IS VERY INTERESTING AFTER ALL THE SHIT THROWN AT IAN AT CAFE ROYALE FOR THE WAY HE HAS SET UP HIS BUSINESS.

IN THE LONG TERM IT WILL PROBABALY SHOW HE IS SMARTER THAN ALL HIS CRITICS

I AM EXTREMELY SORRY TO HEAR THAT HEALTH IS CATCHING UP TO BOTH IAN AND ROBBIE
BUT THAT IS LIFE. SHIT HAPPENS (TO ME AS WELL )

MY BEST WISHES TO BOTH AND THE PLEASANT MEMORIES OF THOSE MANY G&T ON THE PATIO
AFTER DARK, WATCHING ALL THE BOYS ARRIVE FOR WORK STILL REMAINS AND ALWAYS WILL

THANKS FOR THE MANY MEMORIES[/quote]

Your Caps Lock appears to be stuck in the 'on' position :cheers:

dab69
June 21st, 2006, 01:28
Hoping the "family" atmosphere of the Le Cafe Royale continues.
Sorry to hear of Ian's poor health and surprised to hear Robbie is not well also.
Wishing them both a long and pleasant retirement.

June 21st, 2006, 04:21
Many will want to wish Kevin a happy retirement from the business and hopefully as speedy return to good health.

What's wrong with him? Are you sure you have the right person who is not well?

June 21st, 2006, 04:53
I take my hat off to the people who run the large businesses in Boyztown, lets face it if it wasn't for the Ambience and Le Cafe Royal owners starting the whole area off many years ago, the whole scene would not be there. It should be relatively easy to "keep it going" when a lot of the businesses are sold. Obviously, the Ambience set the ball rolling in that area and lets face it, there has been a whole load of "grief" out in that area for some years now. I suspect the majority of us tourists who go there are happy with it as it is, but I suspect whoever takes over these businesses will inevitably have their own ideas and will probably put prices up (if they can). Interesting to see how much some of these places are selling for. How much did Ambience sell for, or is that a secret!!

dab69
June 21st, 2006, 12:05
is the midget off his meds?

lonelywombat
June 21st, 2006, 12:55
I take my hat off to the people who run the large businesses in Boyztown, lets face it if it wasn't for the Ambience and Le Cafe Royal owners starting the whole area off many years ago, the whole scene would not be there. It should be relatively easy to "keep it going" when a lot of the businesses are sold. Obviously, the Ambience set the ball rolling !

I believe Michael of Top Man set the ball rolling first.

His bar was the first in the soi, about 1987 Cannot recall the name of his bar ATM. Was it Cockpit?

There was a thread before xmas about the first gay bars in Pattaya, and I am sure this was covered there.

June 21st, 2006, 17:51
Who ever buys the cafe will have to spend a lot to bring it up to standard.The rooms are well below , standard for the rate which is charged. The only way one could charge that rate is because where the hotel is .

June 21st, 2006, 18:10
I believe Michael of Top Man set the ball rolling first.

His bar was the first in the soi, about 1987 Cannot recall the name of his bar ATM. Was it Cockpit?

There was a thread before xmas about the first gay bars in Pattaya, and I am sure this was covered there.

Yeah but Boyztown is well known and basically the tourist hotspot of Pattaya.

June 21st, 2006, 18:19
Tee Pee is right, but I would not like to say what the problem is, if Kevin wanted to tell you its up to him?

Actually that was not my intention, I just thought he got the wrong person, even though I did say what is wrong with him. However, bit rich really making a statement like that, its a bit like offering someone an ice cream and snatching it off them before they eat it.

June 22nd, 2006, 00:17
Thanks for all your good and bad compliments, but I do hope with the new ownership and David of La Cage as the New Manager of Throb, yes you did hear correct,.....

Went looking for David at Throb to congratulate him, but did not see him. When does he start?

American Teacher-old
June 22nd, 2006, 15:03
I have been trying to confirm whether or not all this speculation about Daniel's supposed buy-out (from La Cage) is true or not. So far, everyone says it is a rumor. Does anyone have any real information?

Let's be careful about spreading news that is unconfirmed, if that is indeed the case.

Fondly,
Chris

www.niddysnook.com (http://www.niddysnook.com)
** check out our on-line store! **

Marsha-old
June 22nd, 2006, 22:12
I suppose with the New manager it will be all old time sing along followed by the Dolly Sisters. (I Hope not) This is not a run down bar in Sunny.

This is a modern bar and club, lets hope it stays that way. Its been going down hill since last year.

It needs a real lift, with some nice go-go boys, not Lady boys and maybe a change in the show program.

June 23rd, 2006, 10:32
You OLD SLUT !

A driver is stuck in a traffic jam on the highway in BKK

Nothing is moving.
Suddenly a man knocks on the window.
The driver rolls down his window and asks, "What happened?"

"Terrorists have kidnapped Boygeorge ."
They are asking for a 1 million bath ransom .
Otherwise they are going to douse him with gasoline
and set him on fire. We are going from car to car, taking up a collection. "

The driver asks, "How much is everyone giving .. ?"

"About a gallon." :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

American Teacher-old
July 13th, 2006, 17:24
Thanks for all your good and bad compliments, but I do hope with the new ownership and David of La Cage as the New Manager of Throb, yes you did hear correct, this all new regime will be the breath of fresh air we need in the town, to make it ready for the all new season, with fresh Ideas and fun parties as the guy buying these Clubs is a real party animal, I have know for 40 years and his does not wait to be with fun people, he is fun is Fun its self. Yes the whole town does not believe its true A.T.

LMTU:

Are you still claiming that La Cage has been sold? And that David is running Throb?

Fondly,
Chris

** Try Our New Tex-Mex Style Chili! **

American Teacher-old
July 13th, 2006, 17:44
Hold your breath like Im having to do with you, as you said your food was tasty and your new menus will be available in July, no sign of either yet, Im hoping to proove you right still though????

Indeed I never gave a firm date on the new menu. Originally I said we were aiming for July, but if you'll note in my latest post regarding this I stated that it would most likely be out in August.

I don't see how this is in any way similar to your situation. You are spreading rumors about other people from unknown sources whereas I am just reporting information from my own situation (Niddy's Nook).

Fondly,
Chris

** Tried Our Tasty Chicken Sandwich Yet? **