PDA

View Full Version : Farang pays bar boy 70,000 baht per month

homeseeker
October 2nd, 2014, 12:39
I was recently in a well known Boys town bar and having drinks with some of the dancers there. They mentioned one particular fellow boy dancer who they say was being sent 70,000 baht every month by a farang from overseas. The boys I was drinking with could not understand why the recipient was still working in the bar with that kind of income.
Seems to me if the story is true, then the boy is very lucky, and the farang way way over generous.
What do you think?

anonone
October 2nd, 2014, 13:00
I would be skeptical of that information. A lot of the info floating around the bars is a bit suspect, to say the least. A combination of boredom, wanting to appear well-off, and envy can make for some interesting discussion among the bar boys.

It certainly is possible, and yes from an outside perspective it would appear to be overly generous, but I am betting not quite accurate.

Oliver
October 2nd, 2014, 13:57
I second that.

latintopxxx
October 2nd, 2014, 14:56
if the thais r anything like the Chinese then they count differently, like in multiples of 10 or something. he probably meant to say 7000.

Nirish guy
October 2nd, 2014, 16:49
DAMN IT ! I told the wee bugger not to say to ANYONE and there now the whole bloody internet knows, I'll be having words with him later, that's it I'm cutting him down to 69,000 from now on seeing as he didn't listen to me - but no less than that mind as I do love him after all and he ASSURES me that he LOVES me too so it's all ok and I don't mind and any way he assures me that he's just working at the bar as a waiter now and doesn't go with customers and only works there to see his friends but still needs his salary there as his family take all of the money I send him as his poor grandmother, aunt and brother are sick so he and they need every baht, actually god love him, it must be hard surviving there on just his waiters salary with no bar customers leaving drinks tip, perhaps on second thoughts I'd better send him just a little more each month now just to tide him over until I get back.........

anonone
October 2nd, 2014, 17:56
DAMN IT ! I told the wee bugger not to say to ANYONE and there now the whole bloody internet knows, I'll be having words with him later, that's it I'm cutting him down to 69,000 from now on seeing as he didn't listen to me - but no less than that mind as I do love him after all and he ASSURES me that he LOVES me too so it's all ok and I don't mind and any way he assures me that he's just working at the bar as a waiter now and doesn't go with customers and only works there to see his friends but still needs his salary there as his family take all of the money I send him as his poor grandmother, aunt and brother are sick so he and they need every baht, actually god love him, it must be hard surviving there on just his waiters salary with no bar customers leaving drinks tip, perhaps on second thoughts I'd better send him just a little more each month now just to tide him over until I get back.........

Ah, this explains a lot. No wonder you are so popular amongst the local population when you visit. And here i thought it was because you were hung like a horse or something silly like that. LOL

Nirish guy
October 2nd, 2014, 18:35

Ah, this explains a lot. No wonder you are so popular amongst the local population when you visit. And here i thought it was because you were hung like a horse or something silly like that. LOL

Oh for god sake who ELSE has been talking now, my god it seems theres NOTHING one can keep secret in Pattaya these days !! :-(

PS - I only WISH that that particular lie WAS more true ! :-) lol

egel
October 3rd, 2014, 04:18
A lot of the info floating around the bars is a bit suspect, to say the least
Probably said in the hope you will pay the same....

thaiguest
October 3rd, 2014, 09:38
I would be skeptical of that information. A lot of the info floating around the bars is a bit suspect, to say the least. A combination of boredom, wanting to appear well-off, and envy can make for some interesting discussion among the bar boys.

It certainly is possible, and yes from an outside perspective it would appear to be overly generous, but I am betting not quite accurate.

Accurate or not it probably won't count to the boy in the long-term. Nothing disappears in Thailand more than easy cash. Items and property are usually converted as soon as necessary into cash through sale or mortgage.

The lovable objects of falang largesse (male and female) are not to be seen as lone kualas in a tree but as mere units within a large swarm forraging on the forest floor. Ton, Jai, Kan and Noi are the cute heads of large, rarely seen icebergs whose first duty is to support that to which they truely belong- the family.

After that falang money goes on gold, iphones, mocycs, by-teeow gab puan , yeens and sometimes a small return under a carefully considered something for "waan-ghert falang".
That's it.!

a447
October 3rd, 2014, 13:14
Well put, Thaiguest. That sums up the real situation perfectly.

Although I think I know my regular guy pretty well now as we've spent so much time together, I was preparing myself for the moment when he told me he no longer had his ipad, as it was stolen. But to my relief he hadn't pawned it and still treats it like an extension of his body...lol

Maybe they just pawn gifts they don't find useful, like gold chains - or expensive iPhones which they can pawn and then use the money to buy a cheaper phone.

Blueskytoday
October 3rd, 2014, 13:52
I wonder,,,,are there REALLY Falangs at home,,sending BIG bucks to their bar boy tricks, who are "waiting" for their return
on the next yearly vacation??? I can accept and understand like,,3000 baht a month to pay for a LOOM or such to help...I get that.
And the idea the boy is "saving himself" until the return of said falang is foolish to say the least...I would assume a large number of
them still work in the bars, taking as many short times as they can garnish, to supplement the monthly increments being sent
from abroad....I could be wrong however....

thaiguest
October 3rd, 2014, 15:19
Well put, Thaiguest. That sums up the real situation perfectly.

Although I think I know my regular guy pretty well now as we've spent so much time together, I was preparing myself for the moment when he told me he no longer had his ipad, as it was stolen. But to my relief he hadn't pawned it and still treats it like an extension of his body...lol

Maybe they just pawn gifts they don't find useful, like gold chains - or expensive iPhones which they can pawn and then use the money to buy a cheaper phone.

Hold off for a little while longer before you take a patent out on him but me thinks you may 'av a keeper thar, argh! argh!

thaiguest
October 3rd, 2014, 15:36
I wonder,,,,are there REALLY Falangs at home,,sending BIG bucks to their bar boy tricks, who are "waiting" for their return
on the next yearly vacation??? I can accept and understand like,,3000 baht a month to pay for a LOOM or such to help...I get that.
And the idea the boy is "saving himself" until the return of said falang is foolish to say the least...I would assume a large number of
them still work in the bars, taking as many short times as they can garnish, to supplement the monthly increments being sent
from abroad....I could be wrong however....

What unfolds in a small minority of cases beggars belief so gross is the dilusionality of some farangs.

I knew a boy about 5/6 years ago called A-ex who successfully managed 3 wealthy falangs down to the finest point.

Not alone did he get a VILLA in his name from one plus MILLIONS of baht between all three but he took pride in being able (most of the time) to coordinate their respective arrivals and departures on the same day at the airport whereby tears of grief were shed in the morniing in departures and tears of welcome in arrivals come the same afternoon.

I not LIE you.

joe552
October 3rd, 2014, 15:51
I've no doubt that there are some sad farangs with more money than sense who think their monthly payment guarantees fidelity. Sometimes, I'm glad to be a cheap Charlie with limited funds, so don't have this problem. I pay the going rate for the boy's time, but he knows he won't get much more than a Tshirt or pair of shoes as a gift.

a447
October 3rd, 2014, 16:12
I don't think the farangs expect the boy to be celibate while they are back home sending money. Maybe they just like the guy and want to give him some extra pocket money. Surely no farang could be so naive to think that his boy is not fucking every farang he can get into bed.

Then again....

latintopxxx
October 3rd, 2014, 17:03
i see no reason wht gays should be any diffderent to straigyts where this is concerned. The papers afe full of old farangs who retire to Thailand, land a beautiful nubile non -stop smiling girlfriend and thinks he has jusr died and gone to paradise heaven....until she has sucked all the cash out of him...the joint prioperty is actually in her name...and she has a local boyfriend/partner/husband all along. I can believe that gays fall for the same ploy. After all what can be more miserable than being old and grey and out of shape in the west....its like u r invisible at best....land in Thailand and suddenly ur "hansome man".
Maybe later in life I may change but for now I keep it strictly business...short time...pay exactly what was agreed upfront...not a penny more...and certainly no gifts. At thuis stage its a mix of quality and quantity that I aim for...not looking for love/life partrner..thats already locked in.

scottish-guy
October 7th, 2014, 14:16
You're "locked in partner" must be very understanding @ Latintopxxx

latintopxxx
October 7th, 2014, 14:33
We met at sex parties several times...became friends...and it grew from there...
We both have big sexual appetites and neither of us are going to pretend that monogamy is the way to go. We often play together...can be fun giving a money boy a good workout :) by the time we are finished he certainly earned his money.
And before you ask....dont confuse sex with love.

Jellybean
October 8th, 2014, 00:17
To return to the OP by homeseeker. I wrote under my topic, Embarrassing Moments on 6 March 2012, that I offтАЩd a lad from Cupidol Bar, in Pattaya, and he informed me that he received 30,000 baht monthly allowance from his German boyfriend. It wasnтАЩt however enough to take care of his family, hence the reason he was still working in a go-go bar. He was a very handsome lad and, no doubt, a popular bar-boy, although I found him unsatisfactory. But I can imagine his monthly income from the bar to be in the top range of earnings from prostitution, so I think it is reasonable to speculate that his overall monthly income was quite substantial.

But the figure of 70,000 baht, as told to dancer friends of the OP, is in line with the monthly allowance given by a late friend of mine to his Thai boyfriend, which was in the region of 70-80,000 baht a month. They were, however, living together. The boyfriend was also provided with a brand new SUV, which I think cost around 1.2 million baht and he was also given around 1 million baht to pay for a new house for his parents.

Yes, it seems some fa-r├аng are either very generous or, perhaps, incredibly foolish, depending on your point of view of course.

latintopxxx
October 8th, 2014, 00:24
dunno!!! why call them foolish?? maybe the 2 to 3 thousand euro/month is small change to them. Who they gonna leave it to anyway?? each to his own i say.

dab69
October 8th, 2014, 04:49
dunno!!! why call them foolish?? maybe the 2 to 3 thousand euro/month is small change to them. Who they gonna leave it to anyway?? each to his own i say.

LAST person I would expect this reply to be from.

latintopxxx
October 8th, 2014, 16:36
i understand your comment, however its not about the money, its about people being critical where others are concerned. I dont appreciate anyone telling me how much i should pay or even worse being critical. I got no issue with others throwing money at the boys...its their money, not mine.

loke
October 12th, 2014, 14:10
70000 baht is more than I earn in a month, good for him!

The gay scene is no different than the straight when it comes to westerners sending money to their loved ones.

latintopxxx
October 12th, 2014, 15:52
straight world can be a lot more devious as they have "extra"ammunition...meaning that she will fall pregnant to cement the relationship...favourite ploy in parts of Brazil.

orson
October 22nd, 2014, 12:36
so how much would be a more reasonable amount be. bangkok seems to have a 10,000 baht minimum monthly wage.

latintopxxx
October 22nd, 2014, 16:28
You will never keep a "boy" with bht10 000/month. I just rent by the hour...more choice...no long term maintenance issues and if you've selected the wrong model its so easy to arrange a replacement. Bit like rent-a-car. So short time no more than bht1000 !!!! why buy the cow when you can buy milk by the liter....makes no economic sense.