PDA

View Full Version : Deal Alert: Airfare Savings for Fall and Winter

Surfcrest
September 20th, 2014, 02:51
I'm not sure if what I post to the front page gets noticed, but here's some good news if you are looking to book soon or save a little now on your upcoming flights.
There's a good sale on "Business Class", if you enjoy a little more comfort for those long hauls and don't mind spending extra for it.

If you regularly fly with one or a few carriers, quite often you can subscribe to their deal alerts that are sent out by email.

Surfcrest

http://blog.shermanstravel.com/2014/09/18/deal-alert-airfare-savings-for-fall-and-winter/

firecat69
September 20th, 2014, 04:27
I don't see anything about BC Fares but maybe I don't know where to look.

Surfcrest
September 20th, 2014, 04:58
I'm not sure what you mean by BC, but it's best to go direct to the carrier's own web site to get what deals apply to your departure region.
I see similar sales for both the US and Canada, if that helps!

Surfcrest

Nirvana
September 21st, 2014, 02:03
Surfcrest ....you are not sure what BC means ....are you certain you live in Vancouver ??

Surfcrest
September 21st, 2014, 03:07
Sorry, I thought firecat69 was from the US from something I read long ago and that BC was possibly an American reference.
I believe the Cathay sale is only on until the end of the month (September) for Vancouver and New York flights to Asia.
If you go to their site and select either US or Canada you will see similar promotions.

Just a reminder though, Chinese New Year's is February 19th in 2015 and so expect prices to be higher and availability to be lower.
For that reason, added with the sale...it makes sense to book early to get a good seat at the best price you'll see on that fare.

Surfcrest

firecat69
September 21st, 2014, 18:18
Sorry BC was supposed to mean Business Class which was what Surfcrest's original post referred to.

Surfcrest
September 21st, 2014, 23:43
If you go to Cathay's site and select your location (country) the slide will appear to click with the applicable new rates.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y69/Surfcrest/20Sale.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y69/Surfcrest/Sept30.jpg

Save on Business Class Fares to Asia

With our Business Class, you can relax in a comfortable seat with massage functions and easy access to the aisle. The seat transforms into a fully flat bed that is longer, wider and more comfortable than ever.

A touch of a button opens the 15" TV with Audio and Video on Demand. A noise-cancelling headset assures a more enjoyable listening experience. There is a USB port to recharge your mobile phone and a 110V AC power source so that you can use your laptop or other electronic devices inflight and they will still be fully charged when your arrive at your destination.

Treat yourself to our Business Class with these special fares to Taiwan, China and South East Asia*. Some of our popular picks are found below. If your favorite destination is not on the list, simply search and book here!

Offer Details

Departure Period
Sep 6, 2014 - Feb 28, 2015

Min/Max Stay
No Min Stay / Max 6 Months

Trip Type / Class
Round Trip / Business

Book Now to Save! Promotion until Sep 30, 2014

September 22nd, 2014, 05:24
Those of us what fly a lot knows the proper abbreviation for Business Class is J Class

fountainhall
September 22nd, 2014, 18:02
J is the code for full fare business class which I'm sure few here would purchase in view of the cost. C, D and I are the principal codes for discounted business class fares. I is almost always the cheapest.

firecat69
September 22nd, 2014, 20:58
Those of us what fly a lot knows the proper abbreviation for Business Class is J Class

Only if you are so rich that you pay that ridiculous fare!! People who use their own money rarely do!

September 23rd, 2014, 18:44
Those of us what fly a lot knows the proper abbreviation for Business Class is J ClassOnly if you are so rich that you pay that ridiculous fare!! People who use their own money rarely do!How fascinating to hear that rich people don't use their own money.

firecat69
September 25th, 2014, 01:26
I actually think everyone knows what I meant but then again maybe not. Many who pay Full Fare for Business Class are using Corporate Money. That and most wealthy people got that way by watching how they spend so they don't pay $6000 for the same seat that can be had for $4000 or less.

Bottom line if you pay J class you either were not able to do any planning in advance, are using your companies money or you are so filthy rich you don't care in which case you should have your own jet.

witchhunt
September 25th, 2014, 07:52

Only if you are so rich that you pay that ridiculous fare!! People who use their own money rarely do!

Of course if you are living on a generous disability pension then perhaps J fare is reasonable???

fountainhall
September 25th, 2014, 11:53
The J fare may be the only option available if you do not book early. Airlines strictly limit the number of seats available at C, D and I fares. Hence businessmen and others travelling at short notice rarely have a choice.

firecat69
September 25th, 2014, 17:27
I believe I said as much . However that applies to almost nobody on this forum who is visiting Thailand for fun. Overwhelming % of posters on this Board have plenty of time to plan their trips to Thailand and thus should never have to pay a ridiculous high J fare!

Surfcrest
October 9th, 2014, 04:12
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y69/Surfcrest/CathayB.jpg

Save on Business Class Fares to Asia

Back by popular demand - Book before October 15th, 2014

With our Business Class, you can relax in a comfortable seat with massage functions and easy access to the aisle. The seat transforms into a fully flat bed that is longer, wider and more comfortable than ever.

A touch of a button opens the 15" TV with Audio and Video on Demand. A noise-cancelling headset assures a more enjoyable listening experience. There is a USB port to recharge your mobile phone and a 110V AC power source so that you can use your laptop or other electronic devices inflight and they will still be fully charged when your arrive at your destination.

Treat yourself to our Business Class with these special fares to Hong Kong, China and Asia*. Some of our popular picks are found below. If your favorite destination is not on the list, simply search and book online with Cathay Pacific!

Departure Period Sep 16, 2014 - Jan 31, 2015

Min/Max Stay Min Sunday Stay / Max Stay 6 Months

fountainhall
October 9th, 2014, 10:02
Emirates has another sale of cheaper economy return fares from BKK to Europe and Hong Kong valid till March 15. All-inclusive fares include -
Amsterdam - Bt. 28,440
Paris - Bt. 33,510
Manchester - Bt. 32,315

All-inclusive fares for the daily Hong Kong A380 service are Bt. 6,250 in economy and Bt. 13,650 in business class with flat bed seats, stand-up bar at the back etc. Far better fares than TG or CX, much better plane and much better service!

But note this sale ends tomorrow (10th).

http://www.emirates.com/th/English/dest ... fares.aspx (http://www.emirates.com/th/English/destinations_offers/special_offers/special_fares/special_fares.aspx)