PDA

View Full Version : udon crackdown

gregvc
September 13th, 2014, 11:37
2 guys up here both said that after some skirmish the police have come down heavily against gay bars and massage places. So people go to khon kaen for fun. That said, some action with masseuses around the lake can be had. Maybe in time that will change. Mr tangs does not look gay and other cbd places are closed. Not sure about gentle massage.

Up2U
September 13th, 2014, 11:52
Has there been a crackdown on the straight venues as well?

Manforallseasons
September 13th, 2014, 18:10
This is funny, when I was there they had one poorly located bar with 3 boys watching the TV, perhaps they are clamping down on what they were watching.

Gaybutton
September 13th, 2014, 23:38
This is funny, when I was there they had one poorly located bar with 3 boys watching the TV
I think I may have been in that same bar. The last time I was in Udon Thani, two local boys - old friends of mine who used to work in Pattaya, but long ago returned to Udon - took me to that bar, saying it is the only gay bar in Udon Thani. You could order a soft drink or you could order an entire bottle of whiskey (they didn't have anything else), but you could not order just a regular drink. It was either the soft drink or the entire bottle. We were the only customers in there. The boys said it is like that just about every night.

If there are any gay massages or other gay bars in Udon Thani for the police to crack down on, someone will have to tell me where they are.

gregvc
September 14th, 2014, 17:40
Maybe they are banning boring bars! We stood outside city men. Looks closed for a while. The other info is from thai gays not faran. As I said did not get to check gentle massage which is outside cbd but advertised and has web site.

Gaybutton
September 14th, 2014, 18:06
We stood outside city men. Looks closed for a while.
Then I don't understand what there is for them to crack down on. They going to crack down on closed bars and bars that are usually empty?

gregvc
September 14th, 2014, 18:37
I think they were talking of thai gay karaoke and general scene agsinst gays. Contributors here would not be aware of pervasive feelings. Again these were 2 gay locals.

Up2U
September 14th, 2014, 21:34
Udon thani, a provincial capital, has a large population, a university and probably a vibrant local gay scene for Thai men. A commercial scene like us farangs expect is just about nonexistent but doesn't mean a crackdown is not in progress.

gregvc
September 14th, 2014, 21:55
Well put. The commercial scene is s small part of gay life in thailand. Generally at work or uni, things have improved.