PDA

View Full Version : Golden Cock

a447
September 5th, 2014, 23:28
I heard they had made a number of changes and that they now actually have guys there!
Anyone been to check it out lately?
I'll be in Bangkok mid September and would like to drop in, but only if it's worth it.

neddy3
September 6th, 2014, 09:19
They seem to have 6 or so regular staff now. Maybe even 8.

LoveThailand
September 6th, 2014, 18:05
Visited about a year ago - there were about same number of guys. Always fun to be had there - even if one does not off a guy - they are always trying to make patrons enjoy the visit.
Will be my first port of call in BKK this November.

Nirish guy
September 6th, 2014, 18:41
So funny how we all have differing view of the same places as over the years I've gone to Golden Cock many times ( usually to have nothing more than a friendly drink with a thai friend who used to work there) but apart from chatting with him I always found it probably THE most boring ( and filthy - and not in a good way) gay bar in Bangkok, Like A447 I read with interest that it had been done up and given a new lease of life a while back so intentionally called in when last passing at the start of August only to see absolutely NO difference and wondered was I dreaming about having read about a make over, but I really wish they WOULD do something good with it as it is as we all know just about the only gay bar open in the afternoons in Bangkok and I can't believe that some owner can't do SOMETHING to capture whatever custom is about and open somewhere for a bit of craic in the afternoon ( and I don't even mean sexual there, just a bit of fun and enjoyment even).

thaiguest
September 6th, 2014, 20:56
Visited about a year ago - there were about same number of guys. Always fun to be had there - even if one does not off a guy - they are always trying to make patrons enjoy the visit.
Will be my first port of call in BKK this November.
Further to what NIrish Guy wrote human perception never fails to amaze me especially when it focuses on a small grimey bar called Golden Cock on a soi off a soi off Suriwongse Rd in Bangkok. I have NEVER met "my type" there. The entire stable, large or small, decends on the customer at his table without invitation. I have been overcharged Many Times esp when one partcular mamasan is on. I have never felt more welcome than the contents of my wallet there that's if bahts have feelings.
However if things have changed I'll give the place one more try.

bucknaway
September 7th, 2014, 03:33
If the Golden Cock changed too much, it would not be the golden cock. It would be just like every other bar you can go to. If the place was larger and had more customers, the guys would be stretched thin and may grow more shy and conservative and the fun you have there now may be a thing of the past.

Accept it for what it is and when you want something a little different, just go to the bar that fits your needs.

scottish-guy
September 7th, 2014, 12:43
I remember it was about 1999 and my first ever visit to the Golden Cock - and first day ever day in Thailand.

3 farangs walked in together and sat on chairs at the bar.

Within 10 minutes, 2 of them had their pants round their ankles, with each being sucked off in full view, by some of the staff.

All 3 chatted quite nonchalantly to each other as this went on - it was all quite surreal.

It was absolutely fucking depraved, gross, and disgusting - and I never did it again.

:))

LoveThailand
September 7th, 2014, 13:59
Never been overcharged there. No boy joined me at the table unless invited.
While some fondling and groping was going on - nothing one would not be likely to see in any of the Soi Twilight bars.
Pushy mamasans and/or boys? Learned to deal with them long ago. Try Screw Boys for practice :)
Dirtier than some - probably.
Anyway, I recommend those who have not been to the place to give it a shot - it is rather different from go-go bars in Twilight and will add to your BKK experience.

MiniMee
September 7th, 2014, 15:23
I remember it was about 1999 and my first ever visit to the Golden Cock - and first day ever day in Thailand.

.... and I never did it again.

When was your last visit to Thailand?

joe552
September 7th, 2014, 15:32
Scottish - I see your stalker is back

latintopxxx
September 7th, 2014, 18:22
clearly most (all??)of u guys have never been into the infamous straight BJ bars. One can grab a bitch...rip her top off...and play with her tits while she sucks u off ...either in public but more commonly in a private room/booth. The strights beat us hands down for dirrty kink...and the drinks are cheaper too.

scottish-guy
September 7th, 2014, 20:42
Scottish - I see your stalker is back

Well he no longer has that other board on which to speculate about my movements.

:))

Patanawet
September 8th, 2014, 14:17
I get really pissed off when I see messages calling Golden Cock grimy or dirty.
The bar and lavatory were/are CLEAN (although I never used the towel to dry my hands).
No gaffer taped couches. Good lighting and O.K. music (and an attractive younger brother who stood in as barman sometimes).
The previous owner, Art, a very attractive 30ish guy was always friendly -- not pushy and kept the bar very clean.
Art has now gone to live with his family 'upcountry'.

I have never seen a mamasan there.

Have you people ever been there or are just flaming?
Recently it has been taken over and they have a few more boys.
Very little has been done to the interior of the bar except that the stage has been changed.
A familiar face (or voice) behind the bar.

Last week a previous boy whom I always, rather unkindly, referred to as 'Chubby' (never found out his real name despite knowing him for years) popped in to see a friend --- what a transformation! He has lost kilos following a weight loss course at a local hospital. He works for an hotel now.

Do visit --- as some people mention it is the only bar open in the afternoon.
PLUS happy Hours in the afternoon (until 8 I THINK).
The boys transform into their gogo mode at about 8:30.
If you are too shy to sit on the couches, do as I do and sit at the bar.

latintopxxx
September 8th, 2014, 14:43
patanaswet...wow what a positive message, we most definitely need more of this attitude around here :) :ymapplause:

Patanawet
September 8th, 2014, 15:26
patanaswet...wow what a positive message, we most definitely need more of this attitude around here :) :ymapplause:
Thanks latintopxxx, it show that I can be positive if I REALLY try :)

Actually a lot of the critical comments did apply, but eight or more years ago or more. It was the first bar I went to about 20 years ago.
Then 'grimy' would be complimenting it.
It used to be called Golden Cock Cocktail Lounge. That was a standing joke --- they actually had Champagne/Babycham glasses hanging at the bar that hadn't been touched for dusting in years.
The boys were really naughty.
I took one boy upstairs and I promptly fell asleep and woke up hours later alone! Venturing sheepishly downstairs -- the boss told me that the boy apologised as he had to get back to his t-shirt stall on Suriwong Road.

Yes, in those old days it was grimy, dirty, seedy, sleazy ----- not a place to admit to frequenting ---- AND I LOVED IT!

Nirish guy
September 8th, 2014, 18:08
I get really pissed off when I see messages calling Golden Cock grimy or dirty. No gaffer taped couches. Good lighting and O.K. music.

Yeah the reason I said is was grimy is because it IS, we must be living in a parallel universe as the last time I was in there sitting on the couches along the left hand wall as you walk in I had to move a few times to find the place to sit WITHOUT putting my hand into a hole in the rip in the material of the couch and as for lighting, well I think there may have been about 4 random coloured spotlights on and not much else and they were an afterthought it seems so I'm not sure you can even call that a lighting plan and with regard to music I was told there was a VIP customer who comes ( amazingly) from pattaya regularly to spend the day drinking there ( why escapes me) and he had his personal choice of favourites music wise and as he came every day and spent and tipped well that's what would be played - end of, so, I'm not being funny here but does the place maybe transform in the evenings or something ( as I'm only ever beeb in in the afternoon) where it's usually totally disinterested boys lying about half sleeping and even if you do buy them all a drink even them it's a chore for them to spark up any life about them.

To be fair any time I go I go to genuinely catch up with an old friend ( in a totally non sexual way) and we do sit and have a drink ( and hence I buy his workmates too) but perhaps they know / assume that's all I'm there for and leave us to it but I've never seen the slightest bit of action there and the place is usually deader than a morgue - but again maybe this is as it's in the middle of the afternoon.

bkkguy
September 8th, 2014, 18:50
I get really pissed off when I see messages calling Golden Cock grimy or dirty. The bar and lavatory were/are CLEAN

Actually a lot of the critical comments did apply, but eight or more years ago or more. It was the first bar I went to about 20 years ago. Then 'grimy' would be complimenting it.
Yes, in those old days it was grimy, dirty, seedy, sleazy ----- not a place to admit to frequenting ---- AND I LOVED IT!

so in just over an hour, lapping up the praise for a positive attitude all the while, you have gone from sanctimonious praise of the bar's cleanliness next to godliness to admitting that the bar used the be the devil's definition of disgusting fun

perhaps you should try being REALLY honest rather than REALLY positive? your first post would have been more useful if you acknowledged the bar's history and reputation and provided some real information about how it had changed recently (not much judging from other people's comments) rather than accusing people of flaming!

bkkguy

latintopxxx
September 9th, 2014, 00:31
its no wonder the gay scene is collapsing around us with this attitude...most of u queens expect 5 star service at 1/2 star pricing.....instead of being positiove and focussing on whats good...u zero in like a ballistic missle on the slightest preceived fault...OMG there is a tear in the setee....quick convene a UN general assembly ....what an attack on your human rights.....wheel out the nukes...

Nirish guy
September 9th, 2014, 01:01
No, I was simply backing up my earlier comment about it being dirty and worn out with hard fact when someone was wondering / suggesting I perhaps hadn't even visited the place, so god forbid that someone maybe has an opinion on a place that isn't just the same as yours - and for the record I've drank in some dirty holes over the years so that's not my issue, but I'm not going to say the place is some palace when it's not and just because we're gay does that mean we SHOULD put up with dirty grimy bars (no pun intended) any more than straight people would or should, personally I dont think so and I really doubt that someone commenting on a place being dull dirty and grimy is why the gay scene is "collapsing round us" as you seem to think.

However, let's hear from a few other people then maybe as perhaps my ( already very low) standards are just a little to high for Golden Cock, I doubt it but we'll see.

dab69
September 9th, 2014, 07:07
Having never been there,
perhaps remind me what area it's in.
Hopefully check it out next February.

Nirish guy
September 9th, 2014, 08:04
From Soi Twilight head down Surawong past the night market and on down towards and just past the Tarntawan Hotel and at the junction just past the Tarntawan Hotel turn immediately left as if you're heading to go to Tawan Bar, however walk on past it and then turn right into the Soi running off that one, turning at the Mango Tree restaurant and the Golden Cock is approximately 30 yards up or so on your left, also while you're at it if you're out for some sleazy fun you may also wish to check out both Super 8 (almost anything goes go-go bar / knocking shop upstairs ) which you'll see down the small Soi just before Golden Cock or also Nature boys which is just on past Golden Cock on the other side of the Soi, where you'll have plenty of cocks and cum abounding if that's your thing. Enjoy.

dab69
September 9th, 2014, 09:10
thanks. Next time I need a sobering night time stroll between bars and drinks
I will have to go out exploring.

had lost my bookmark to a map but find them here under other sites
http://dreadedned.com/directory/map/1/1/

Patanawet
September 9th, 2014, 17:24
also while you're at it if you're out for some sleazy fun you may also wish to check out both Super 8 (almost anything goes go-go bar / knocking shop upstairs ) which you'll see down the small Soi just before Golden Cock.

Now if you're referring to SUPER A , which used to be upstairs -that has been closed for at least a year.
That would be where I set my bar as dirty, sleazy etc.
It has moved downstairs and occupies a former gogo/massage owned by the same people.
The delightful (NOT) mamasan moved with it.

Patanawet
September 9th, 2014, 17:31
[quote=Patanawet 08 Sep 2014 14:17]I get really pissed off when I see messages calling Golden Cock grimy or dirty. The bar and lavatory were/are CLEAN

Actually a lot of the critical comments did apply, but eight or more years ago or more. It was the first bar I went to about 20 years ago. Then 'grimy' would be complimenting it.

so in just over an hour, lapping up the praise for a positive attitude all the while, you have gone from sanctimonious praise of the bar's cleanliness next to godliness to admitting that the bar used the be the devil's definition of disgusting fun

bkkguy[/quote:26zc10ud]

What a silly response.
>>>>cleanliness next to godliness>>> A slight exaggeration of what I said, don't you think? Sanctimonious???????

Nirish guy
September 10th, 2014, 01:10
also while you're at it if you're out for some sleazy fun you may also wish to check out both Super 8 (almost anything goes go-go bar / knocking shop upstairs ) which you'll see down the small Soi just before Golden Cock.

Now if you're referring to SUPER A , which used to be upstairs -that has been closed for at least a year.
That would be where I set my bar as dirty, sleazy etc.
It has moved downstairs and occupies a former gogo/massage owned by the same people.
The delightful (NOT) mamasan moved with it.

Yes you're right, Super 8 is a movie !! I did of course mean Super A and it was the downstairs one I was referring to actually as I thought upstairs had closed a "few" years ago now - but as the detail of my visits to Bkk all tend to blur into one eventually you could well be right that it was only about a year ago - and you're right about the old upstairs place wining the grip / grim hole of the year award without a doubt, it was one of the few bars where I actually worried about catching something BEFORE I had sex merely from sitting on the sofas ! lol

dab69
September 10th, 2014, 04:41
well my hat's off to anyone that can remember much more than
a drunken blur late at night to include such details such as a bar's name
or where it was located.

but then, I never wear a hat. :|

thaiguest
September 10th, 2014, 05:05
Never been overcharged there. No boy joined me atinthe table unless invited.
While some fondling and groping was going on - nothing one would not be likely to see in any of the Soi Twilight bars.
Pushy mamasans and/or boys? Learned to deal with them long ago. Try Screw Boys for practice :)
Dirtier than some - probably.
Anyway, I recommend those who have not been to the place to give it a shot - it is rather different from go-go bars in Twilight and will add to your BKK experience.

Apologies. I must admit that I got my bars mixed up-I have Nature Boys in mind not GC.

scottish-guy
September 10th, 2014, 05:12
...The delightful (NOT) mamasan moved with it.

Mama Pong, FYI

:ymparty:

September 10th, 2014, 08:23
Mama Pong:
And does she?

Blueskytoday
September 10th, 2014, 10:40
It would be more helpful if someone actually visits the Golden Cock bar NOW, and then reports exactly
how it is inside,,changes or not....

Nirish guy
September 10th, 2014, 14:44
Which was of course was the original point of my first post in that I WAS there only 6 - 7 weeks ago, long after any alleged changes or improvements were reported to have taken place and hadn't noticed any great differnce hence my first post, but yes maybe someone else pop in why not and let's hear do they think it has had a facelift as perhaps I was so engrossed by the two or three guys half heartedly lying about the place at 3pm ( actually sitting outside in the Soi now that I think of it) that I just missed it ?

a447
September 10th, 2014, 16:00
Blueskytoday wrote:

It would be more helpful if someone actually visits the Golden Cock bar NOW, and then reports exactly
how it is inside,,changes or not....

Ok, I'll be there in a week or two and will give you a blow by blow description.

Super A, when it was upstairs, was without doubt the filthiest place I've ever been to.
And I remember one night, when I was sitting on a sofa grappling with a huge Isaan cock, and the mamasan walked in with a child in tow! No-one batted an eyelid.

They moved downstairs about 2 years ago I think - but they brought the sofas with them! Just watch where you sit as you might end up with a spring up your arse.

scottish-guy
September 12th, 2014, 16:49
....watch where you sit as you might end up with a spring up your arse.

I think that's what happened to the SGT ex-member who went by the (hydra)ID of Zebedee

[attachment=0:r83sjliq]16246.jpg[/attachment:r83sjliq]

goji
September 13th, 2014, 04:49
I've made it as far as the door way about 3 times in the last 6 years, but never quite ventured in.
Maybe I'm missing something, however it always looks like I'll find brighter cleaner bars, more action and cuter boys on Soi Duangthawee. So I keep on walking.

christianpfc
September 22nd, 2014, 23:34
Went last year, nothing to write home about (from memory).

Went again today Monday 22.09.2014, 20:03-21:34, with a Farang friend (who invited me for a drink, thank you very much, ChristianPFC likes being invited for drink or dinner, hint, hint, hint!). 2 other customers when we enter (and one more busy with boy in short time room as I learned later).

Coke 140 Baht, boy drink (bill didn't specify what is was) 140 Baht; off fee 400, short time room and off fee 600, short time tip 1000 or more.

Upon entering, I spotted a boy in underwear, underwear pulled low so you can see the buttcrack. A promising start! But in the end, none of the boys my type. About 12 staff, up to 3 boys in underwear (but not at the same time) and two shirtless (throughout the time) and one underwear and shirt (throughout the time).

To be precise, by "3 boys in underwear" I mean nothing else than underwear. All other boys probably wear underwear, but it's covered.

Furniture shows signs of wear, but totally acceptable by my standards. Cleanliness in bar and toilet ok (but damp towel). Light, music, aircon ok. Smoking allowed.

Two short time rooms upstairs (3rd floor, steep staircase), could look at one (other was occupied). Shower (cold water) in a separate room. Short time room and shower very basic, I would say in a hotel 200 per night would be appropriate.

Happy hour 2-8 pm customer drinks 100 Baht. Opening time 2 pm, closing time 2:30 am (or 2 am if no customers are in the bar).

September 23rd, 2014, 04:17
To be precise, by "3 boys in underwear" I mean nothing else than underwear. All other boys probably wear underwear, but it's covered.[/i]

You do know under there underwear they are all completely naked the little sluts