View Full Version : No more double/triple entry visa's?

June 18th, 2006, 11:19
It appears that Penang may have withdrawn the policy of issuing double or triple entry visa's to Thailand!

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=73054

June 18th, 2006, 11:58
Yeah, it sucks. The cover charge is getting bigger.

June 18th, 2006, 15:10
DELETED

June 18th, 2006, 15:32
If you read the complete thread on Thaivisa it appears one person had trouble only. Others are getting them OK.
Actually, if you really read the thread, you would not conclude that.

Smiles
June 18th, 2006, 19:51
" ... It appears that Penang may have withdrawn . . . double or triple entry.... "
Actually, "at-my-age" the single entry is just fine thank you!
It's been quite some time that a double (much less the rarely-seen triple) raised possibilities, and even then it's iffy about the choice I end up making ~ the energy-sapping double; a good night's sleep; or a good pee.

All I can say is thank christ Penang withdrew ... that boy was BIG (almost like Roddy MacDowell).

Cheers ...

June 19th, 2006, 00:47
Seems to fall in line with the turmoil over ownership. Why own when you can't stay more than a month before having to leave to just to re-enter?

June 19th, 2006, 00:58
Why can't you? There are visa categories that allow you to stay several months in a row. There are also retirement and work visas. I don't think you're trying hard enough.

June 19th, 2006, 06:16
Let's be clear here - the multiple-entry aspect of the visa allegedly being "discontinued" is for a Tourist Visa, which some people use as a poor man's residence visa. Depending on your age and circumstances, you can apply for multiple entry business visas or a retirement visa. One of the benefits of the Free Trade Agreements that Thailand is negotiating are multiple-entry one-year business visas. The downside is that a complete cretin like Bad Boy Billy, as an Australian, might be able to get one of these - http://thaisydney.idx.com.au/Nonimmigrantvisa.html