PDA

View Full Version : Dave ManClub - closed? New Club in South pattaya

colmx
August 29th, 2014, 18:49
Maybe this has already been posted elsewhere... but posting anyway for those that like updates on the late night venues

Seems from posts on Facebook that Dave ManClub is now closed

Apparently closed due to the illness of the (lady) owner - and seems likely to be a permanent closure

I will certainly miss going there next time i am in pattaya... so many memories from the last 5 years there...

I also note that a new gay club "guess" has opened near tuk.com... seems to be in the old No.1 a gogo premises - so will be much smaller than Dave/NAB etc... but handy for those that don't want to trave too far outside the gay ghettos

Idol has also reopened and has been rebranded to ID.

colmx
August 29th, 2014, 18:53
For clarity the thickest Black road is South Pattaya Road/Pattaya Tai

And the red/black square is Tuk.com

egel
August 29th, 2014, 22:15

So like any Thai map its inverted/upside down/impossible to read

dab69
August 30th, 2014, 01:51
is Tuk.Com on the map?
Pattaya South Road/Pattaya Tai (same road as wat ) is the road Tuk.Com is on.

Can't remember where to find a Pattaya map on the net-
would be a nice resource here.

If not, vague directions.

colmx
August 30th, 2014, 01:56
is Tuk.Com on the map?

Yes Tuk.com is the Square with teh black and red writing

The street running horizontally on the map is Soi Day Night 3 - same street as Baan Dok Mai

Guess would seem to be on a sub-soi just before the Family Mart

anonone
August 30th, 2014, 05:48
Colmx. Thanks so much for the updates. I am slowly making my way to Thailand now and will certainly be at the late night clubs later this week....probably every night. LOL

It will be interesting to check out "Guess" and see what type of place it is.

And I will also miss Dave Man Club.

thaiguest
August 30th, 2014, 07:48

Rubbish. A map is a 2-d representation of 3-d space. If it seems 'inverted' turn either the map or your head around.
There are 3 main 'TANNON' in Pattaya; T. Nua (north) T. Clang (central) and T. Tai (south). The latter is clearly named on the map so what's the problem? Albeit the map sports a little bit of the Thai language-who do these people think they are?

christianpfc
August 31st, 2014, 03:37
Thanon Pattaya Thai is named on the map, but only in Thai, and it's a picture so you can't copy and paste into translation program (you would have to type, but if you can read that font, than you know Thai already).

Most maps in Europe have north up, and there is arrow that points north. In Thai maps, usually there is no arrow and north can be everywhere. In this case, north is on the right side.

newalaan2
August 31st, 2014, 19:17
I will certainly miss going there next time i am in pattaya...
Thanks for the update. There's been very little here in terms of updates and current reports lately. But Dave Man closing is a real surprise/shock. Although not my/bfs choice for late night fun and so probably won't miss it, it certainly was for a large percentage of the pattaya gay lads and usually one of the two first choices of many along with NAB.

"Guess" looks to be in the same place as the old JJ Pub. When it was in the JJ Pub format it was a reasonable sized venue. At it's peak had nightly shows with live band and good crowd, quite popular with the Tom/Dee fraternity. It was a favourite back then as it was close to Flamingo/Mosaik back in the days when the Day/Night area was a very popular gay area over about a 5 year period, had many gay karaokes and venues (JJ Karaoke, JJ Pub, Sundance/Bank club, World Boys karaoke, Birdcage, Dragon Boys, The Nook....to name but a very few of the many).

Depending on how it is laid out, 'Guess' will be a very welcome addition to the night-life especially in that area as it's not far from both BT and Sunee if you fancy taking a boy for a bit of late fun to somewhere walkable from both areas. The good thing about JJ Pub was that because of it's mid-size it was easy to feel busy and created a good vibe even when not packed to the rafters.

I am slowly making my way to Thailand now and will certainly be at the late night clubs later this week
My next trip is still about month or so away so I hope Guess is still open and has some success by the time I get there. Relying on some late night Club feedback Anonone! although one which doesn't need much in the way of current updates is Tam Issan as it is forever busy and consistent.

Apart from missing the other sub-sois on Day/Night 3, it seems neither inverted or impossible to read. Do you mean it is 'impossible to read' because it has the cheek to have some Thai script on a Thai map for Thai people?

Shuee
September 2nd, 2014, 02:40
thianks colmx its about time we had something nearer to sunee, i used to love hollywood being so close, i hope this new place works out
hope you can post detials what its like, but from the websites looks heavy on the drag queens yuck!! :(

anonone
September 4th, 2014, 19:46
Just a quick check in.

Only late night place we have hit so far is Tam Nam Esan (no surprise) and it is as consistently fun as always. In fact, we have been there every night. :D

I mentioned the new place "guess" and was met with pretty indifferent reaction. No one really wanted to go check it out.
I will keep trying and probably get over there at some time....

Nirish guy
September 5th, 2014, 04:57
Dave - Closed - I'm gutted as it was my favourite out of all the clubs ( Tam Nam excluded Anon but as you know it's a totally different ball game anyway) - lets just hope that if it is due to illness ( or the army ?) then the closure isn't for too long and normal service can resume in time for the December rush ( if there's even going to be one ! )

egel
September 5th, 2014, 20:00
lets just hope that if it is due to illness ( or the army ?) then the closure isn't for too long
I wonder if we are now starting to see the kickback from the stupid Curfew.

anonone
September 10th, 2014, 17:38
Sorry all. We never did make it over to Guess club, so no report on the action there.

I just arrived home now from my trip. We spent all the late night time at mostly Tam Nam, with an occasional continuation at Karaoke (Full Man).

newalaan2
September 28th, 2014, 21:34
Just a bump for this topic. Due to arrive Thailand in a few days and just interested to hear if anyone has managed to visit Guess Club yet and the current status of the other late night venues or anything new.

Any info/updates appreciated.

puckered_penguin
September 29th, 2014, 10:28
Any info/updates appreciated.

Guess Club opened just in time for Anonone's recent visit and possibly due to his failure to visit said premises it closed almost immediately after his return to the USA.

Coincidence or what?

Nirish guy
September 29th, 2014, 16:28
!!! I think you're on to something there ! As Anon's reputation for being whiskey by the case load not the bottle is legendary and I see it as no coincidence that his old drinking hole closed BETWEEN his visits and the new Guess club obviously figured they could cash in during his next trip, but with no Anon attending or being in residence patronage alas their business plan went up in flames.

So, there we have it, we often ask why bars open and close so much and why Pattaya bars seem to be dying off - well, it seems know we KNOW - a bar without the Anon Presidential seal of approval is it appears DOOMED !!

Well Anon, I hope you're happy as here perhaps is yet another struggling bar now perhaps ( if not closed) and it appears it's all your fault - SHAME ON YOU !!! Lol

anonone
September 30th, 2014, 00:01
Wow. I apparently have a tremendous amount of unrealized power. Surely the bar owners will be approaching me shortly to flower me with lavish gifts in an attempt to garner my business...?

Thankfully, I guess this means Tam Nam will never close, which makes my heart happy.

colmx
September 30th, 2014, 01:17
Guess Club ... closed almost immediately after his return to the USA.

Just for clarity - Guess is still open, so presume PP is being tongue in cheek with above quote

They posted this promotion of FB tonight - perhaps ChristianPFC or another of our Thai readers can translate
I am guessing its 1599B for 1 litre of JWB and 7 mixers + a bucket of Ice? But unsure!

[attachment=0:1fo3j1uq]1653637_769372689793530_8463193630289708825_n.jpg[/attachment:1fo3j1uq]

christianpfc
September 30th, 2014, 12:03
7 bottles of mixers (soda, coke, water), ice it not mentioned, it seems you have to order ice separately.

puckered_penguin
September 30th, 2014, 15:17
I think I was misinformed about its closure. I had better stick to hibernating. Thanks for the correction. i-)

newalaan2
September 30th, 2014, 17:23
I think I was misinformed about its closure. I had better stick to hibernating. Thanks for the correction. i-)
Or lost in translation somewhere down the line, have often found some waiters/staff at bars 'passing on' info they 'think' to be correct which turns from maybe/possibly/think to definitely.....but wrong.

But glad to hear it is still open Colmx as it is just too close to Mosaik/Baan Dok Mai not to visit. So it looks like I will have to sacrifice a late night-in watching Thai soaps while enjoying my evening coco in favour of a visit to Guess Club purely to offer up a report/review for the benefit of members. Will be in Pattaya for a couple of nights near the start of my trip to pick up vehicle and will be staying at Baan Dok Mai as usual, and as it's just up the soi......!

I usually turn to the forums for info/updates of bars/clubs before a visit but things have been deathly quiet on that front lately, however that is one of the pluses of staying at Baan Dok Mai as Warwick the owner is a great source for current local info.

colmx
October 5th, 2014, 22:06
Just spotted this pic on Facebook
Looks like the rumours of Dave Man Clubs permanent demise are now 100% confirmed[attachment=0:1a47gma5]1920551_640012636095983_4591492282224679918_n.jpg[/attachment:1a47gma5]

Nirish guy
October 6th, 2014, 00:58
Awww I wish you had of put a spoiler alert on that post Colmx as you very nearly brought a tear to my eye there with that pic - the end of an era :-(

colmx
October 6th, 2014, 02:30
That was my thought too, very sad...
And the ex-Dave staff are visibly depressed on FB... even those that have moved on to NAB
Thought my BF would be sad when he saw it - but i typical style he didn't give a shit!
"just something have to change... maybe find better place"
Heartless bastard!

[youtube:1uwy2oif]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tY_Siu7M8uE[/youtube:1uwy2oif]