PDA

View Full Version : shocking and unfair to Cliff Richard

homeseeker
August 16th, 2014, 10:24
http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/com ... 72367.html (http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/the-way-the-police-have-treated-cliff-richard-is-completely-unacceptable-9672367.html)

scottish-guy
August 16th, 2014, 15:20
I'm no fan of Cliff Richard, and like a lot of people I have often laughed out loud at his claims that he has remained "celibate" for 40 yrs or so - but you're right, of course, to point to the unacceptable collusion between the Police and the media. This can only have been deliberately designed to ruin his reputation regardless of whether he is ever formally arrested, far less charged, and farther less convicted.

Unfortunately, the media in the UK has created and fed a monster in relation to such allegations. Even if you dare to suggest that you believe an accused person (in these types of cases) might not be guilty then you risk having yourself immediately labelled as "one of the same". A quick read of some of the violence-inciting, barely literate comments in the likes of "The Sun" would leave fair-minded people gasping in horror. Even on this Board, sorry to say, innuendo and smear has (in the past) been directed at posters who "dare" to question whether wanking off a 17yo boy is really the worst crime on the planet.

Collusion between the police and the media is nothing new - money changes hands on a regular basis, as past (and upcoming) court cases show. This situation where the TV media is in attendance awaiting the arrival of the police to "raid" a suspect's home (a la Thailand), is on a new and extremely sinister level.

The other thing that worries me, quite apart from how the guidelines for issuing a search warrant seem to have been simply cast aside in this case, is the astonishingly low-level of authority required to issue one in England - a Justice of the Peace! As far as I'm aware, there is no requirement for a JP to have any legal knowledge whatsoever, so any swivel-eyed Tory/Lab/Lib/UKIP/BNP local Councillor (and there are plenty fitting the description) can be appointed a JP simply by Party affiliation. I believe that in Scotland (even though we are today potential "enemies of justice" according to Aussie PM Tony Abbot - what a dick) we do insist that a Sheriff (which in this country means an experienced QC or Advocate elevated to the bench) is the lowest level of authority to issue such a warrant.

joe552
August 16th, 2014, 16:13
I have to agree that he has been treated very badly here. Something has gone seriously wrong with the British justice system when the media know about a search before the individual concerned.

loke
August 18th, 2014, 03:00
Yes but he could be guilty . Still no justice for him when the whole world can read about it before an eventual trial.

August 18th, 2014, 15:07
Yes but he could be guilty . Still no justice for him when the whole world can read about it before an eventual trial.I'm surprised no-one has suggested banning Alice in Wonderland; the majority view is that the author had, at least, pedophile tendencies. And I am deeply, deeply shocked that the Disney behemoth has taken over Peter Pan when, again, author JM Barry is another probable pedophile.

scottish-guy
August 21st, 2014, 22:35
The Police are now alleging that they did NOT tip off the BBC so they could be present when the raid was carried out!

Allegedly the BBC found out about the ongoing investigation and the Police were effectively blackmailed into inviting the BBC along for the raid , lest the BBC reveal the investigation prior to the raid.

And if you believe that bunch of crap from the Police, you'll believe anything - its about as believable as the Police now saying they did not know Cliff Richard was out of the country, which kinda blows a huge fucking hole in airport security and immigration/exit controls.

:))

August 26th, 2014, 16:36
... which kinda blows a huge fucking hole in airport security and immigration/exit controls.I've never had my passport detail recorded by Immigration when I depart Heathrow and I suspect this story was reported even in the Outer Hebrides or wherever it is you live http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... chaos.html (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/immigration/11053440/UK-border-controls-in-chaos.html)

scottish-guy
August 27th, 2014, 05:26
Do you know Kommie - you're just so desperate to get one over on me at any cost, that you're now spouting any old shite that comes into your head.

:))

August 27th, 2014, 17:00
Do you know Kommie - you're just so desperate to get one over on me at any cost, that you're now spouting any old shite that comes into your head.And you believe this is news?