PDA

View Full Version : Nong Khai

kakadai
August 16th, 2014, 03:00
I will be visiting Nong Khai soon, and it will be my first visit since 2007. Guess the gay scene might have changed since then (for better or worse). Any first hand experience?

llz
August 16th, 2014, 03:21
I was in Nong Khai in October 2012 and went to the New Oasis Bar, located along the Mekhong River about 2 km downstream from town center. It was mentioned as a gay host bar but I did not see any available boy.

According to a comment in the Sticky Rice listings, this place is now closed.

I did not hear from any gay-only place in town ; however I guess that with some time, imagination and luck, or using one of the online resources, it should not be too difficult to get in touch with one of the local cuties.

Dani69
August 16th, 2014, 17:40
Take a boy with you as i did a few years ago place has no gay scene at all

goji
August 18th, 2014, 05:13
Don't expect to get any action there. Just take a night off......

catawampuscat
August 18th, 2014, 09:16
There's always gayromeo .

bobsaigon2
August 18th, 2014, 09:23
I was also going to suggest Gay Romeo, but for Nong Khai there are only two guys in the 18-22 range.

lego
August 18th, 2014, 14:12
Well, you could always go to the club that's currently en vogue and pick up a hot guy who has crossed the border from Laos in order to party (choose a Friday or Saturday night for that, obviously). That has worked rather well for me in the past, not just in Nong Khai but also in Udon Thani. I've only ever met ONE guy from Nong Khai on GayRomeo, so I'd agree that's not necessarily the best way to go there. Also worth mentioning is that some of those who say "Nong Khai" on their profiles are in fact working in Pattaya, and as luck would have it that's often the more attractive ones. YMMV.

goji
August 21st, 2014, 04:40
I also found Gay Romeo to be a complete waste of time in Nong Khai.

Jellybean
August 21st, 2014, 23:59
Well, yet another topic which has brought back some happy memories. I must have been lucky because I did meet a boy on PlanetRomeo from Nong Khai, although it was a number of years ago. He was a sexy, handsome, affectionate young Thai lad and, much to my delight, he was also deliciously hairy тАж which some observant members may recall is one of my preferences.

Unfortunately, he didnтАЩt speak much English, but he did agree to undertake the 12 hour gruelling bus journey to Bangkok (for which I reimbursed him, together with an additional and more than adequate sum for all the pleasure he gave me). He brought his sister with him, as she spoke reasonably good English. After introducing us at a nearby BTS station she left us to spend 2 days together while she went off to stay with friends. Two days later she returned to collect her brother. But, before leaving, she cooked a Thai lunch for us all to enjoy before they both departed back to Nong Khai.

The handsome lad continued to keep in touch and tried to persuade me to travel up to and visit him and his family. However, other interests closer to home and his lack of English prevented me from taking him up on his offer. I did speak with him from time to time on the telephone, but mostly through his sister, which was more than a little bit awkward.

We keep in fairly regular contact through Facebook. But, as I currently have a boyfriend in Bangkok, I am still unable to accept his invitation to visit. But I still have warm feelings of affection for him and now regret not paying him the courtesy of a return visit. I also regret not experiencing an area of Thailand that I have not yet visited. I really must try and get out of Bangkok more often.

Hopefully kakadai will consider posting a report of his trip and let us all know what we are missing.

bruce_nyc
August 22nd, 2014, 07:03
If you're going to be so close, why not just cross the border and visit Vientiane. When I went for a visa run there last year, I had lots of fun boys hitting on me on Grindr and Hornet... I met as many as I had time for.. (3?) .....and they were all free.... Not money boys. Never asked for anything.

jimnbkk
September 2nd, 2014, 09:00
Going to visit Vientiane sounds like a good idea. How much can I expect to pay for a Lao visa?

lego
September 2nd, 2014, 16:28
The exact price for a Lao visa depends on your nationality, funnily enough, but it's typically about $30-$40.

christianpfc
September 2nd, 2014, 16:37
I was going to reply the same as lego, but then I saw the the poster has USA as location, so I was waiting from someone from the USA to quote the price for US citizen.

The visa fee is payable in USD, they want fresh notes. Shouldn't be a problem when you are from the US.

I however exchanged THB to USD in Bangkok (i.e. losing twice on exchange rate, first from EUR to THB), but the notes had heavy signs of use, I didn't think of this when I exchanged money. The officer refused them, but I could pay in THB (1500 THB vs 35 USD for a German, but still better than going back, exchanging money there at unfavorable rates, and then queuing again).