PDA

View Full Version : Need contact info for Dr. Philippe Seur

Rainwalker
August 3rd, 2014, 18:25
I was talking with a Thai friend yesterday and the conversation turned to one of his relatives who used to work in a local go-go bar and who now is quite ill. My guess, based on second party information, is that he has HIV and things being what they are here in the Kingdom, he hasnтАЩt been to a doctor to find out whatтАЩs going on.

IтАЩve been trying to get contact information for Dr. Philippe Seur who is/was the most knowledgeable doctor in Pattaya about HIV but the only information I can find is from mid-2012.

Can anyone update me on Dr. Seur's status and office information and, if heтАЩs out of the picture, let me know what medical professional with a real understanding of HIV is now the go-to person?

Other than finding a good private physician, we'll take him to a government hospital for diagnosis and treatment.

Thanks in advance...

zubes
August 3rd, 2014, 19:42
http://www.heartt2000.org

jvt22222
August 4th, 2014, 10:43
Direct phone .... 08-1920-1218

Surfcrest
August 6th, 2014, 00:00
A very, very warm welcome back to my fellow Vancouverite Rainwalker!

Please try Dr. Philippe Seur; philippe.seur@gmail.com

Surfcrest

Rainwalker
August 6th, 2014, 06:39
Thanks, guys, for the information which I've passed on to my friend, who will work with his cousin in getting him into the medical system.

Luckily, the cousin has a group of close friends here and in Issan who can provide immediate support to him should the diagnosis be HIV disease and I'll remain in the background until needed.

Again, thanks...

(and to Surfcrest - thanks muchly for the warm welcome.)

thaiguest
August 9th, 2014, 07:14
I have brought a few patients to his home/clinic. His staff are obnoxious so be prepared to be treated like a (falang) leper. Everything will be conducted in Thai so all you'll get is a condescending synopsis-at best

travelerjim
August 11th, 2014, 22:23
I likewise have taken Thais to see Dr Philippe many times over many years.
Contrary to your experience, I have always been welcomed and treated with respect by the caring staff & doctor..
The good doctor speaks to the Thai in Thai and explains to me in English.
We in Pattaya are most fortunate to have Dr. Philippe in residence.
tj