PDA

View Full Version : Dreamboys and Jupiter

Wim888
July 31st, 2014, 15:58
Has anyone recently visited Dreamboys or Jupiter in Bangkok? These are my two favorite bars in Bangkok. I am planning a trip to Bangkok after a long absence, and am wondering how these bars are doing? Any comments or reviews would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

roguebear
August 1st, 2014, 08:49
My Dreamboy reports that many Chinese come to the shows, but don't off boys.

thaiguest
August 1st, 2014, 08:55
I've just posted under Hot Thai Video my last and indeed LAST experience in Jupiter. And may I state inappropriately here that I don't think the video is very 'hot'.

christianpfc
August 4th, 2014, 20:51
I have not been to Dreamboys or Jupiter for a long time (2 years) because they are my least favorite bars.

Dreamboys because it's the most expensive bar and last time I got a shit seat (bar was full) and had to turn my head 90 degrees to see the stage and couldn't lean back.

Jupiter because most of the boys wore shirt throughout the time I was there.

(This does not exactly answer the op's question, but I still feel is somewhat pertinent to the subject.)

sydneyboy
August 4th, 2014, 21:44
Wearing shirts at Jupiter is a worrying development. During a crackdown some years ago all the boys at the go go bars were forced to wear shirts. Is this happening in other bars?

egel
August 6th, 2014, 04:23
I was in Dreamboys a few weeks ago. Very expensive...drinks 400, off 600.
Plenty to choose from but as someone said mainly Asian customers. Only a few Farang in. I did off a real cutey though:)
Bossy Kraut who makes announcements that cameras and phones are strictly, absolutely, prohibited and forbidden in several langauges.
Long shows (14 acts)....yawn.

Wim888
August 8th, 2014, 16:27
Why do the go-go guys at Jupiter have wear shirts now? How are customers supposed to enjoy the go-go shows and the bodies?
Wearing shirts seems to be very stupid.

Shuee
August 31st, 2014, 23:49
yes this annoys me too & i dont understand it, some bars make the boy put his tshirt/vest back on when the come to sit with you!! maybe they think if you want more you will off them? or they dont want sleaze in the bar, id say to them; not be so fussy these days as the scene slowy dies out

latintopxxx
September 3rd, 2014, 15:50
Guys, you are the cash carrying customer. So if you want shirtless boys then request that. Like be a little ascertive. And stop complaining aboutb the cost of drinks, its not a bar, its a whore house with lotsa entertainment thrown in, entertainment thats only available in Thailand. Be grateful and happy that its there.

christianpfc
September 3rd, 2014, 23:46
Guys, you are the cash carrying customer. So if you want shirtless boys then request that. Like be a little ascertive.

I tried. Weak hints did not work, strong hints did not work.

When I see a significant number of boys in shirts or trousers in a gogo bar, I turn around in the door and leave. I ask the doorman why the boys wear shirts or trousers, and tell him I am looking for a place that has boys in underwear.

Sen Yai
September 4th, 2014, 02:11
I tried. Weak hints did not work, strong hints did not work.

Dropping hints (strong or weak) is not the right approach.

Simply walk into a bar, take a seat and order a drink. You are not a fee-paying customer until you have done so and have no rights to make requests until that is established. But then you can simply ask the mamasan (or the boy directly) to have the boy(s) remove their shirts if you want to admire their physiques. If done politely and with a smile, your request will certainly be met. Assertiveness does not have to be accompanied by rudeness or aggression.

But all this talk of boys wearing 'shirts' in Jupiter is nonsense really. The boys there often wear vests/singlets, branded with the Jupiter 2002 logo. They have been doing this for many, many years right back to the days (prior to '2002') when Jupiter was located in the Suriwongse Hotel coffee shop. Not all boys wear their singlets all the time. Many take them off later in the evening to show off their pecs and abs in the hope for an 'off' and any of the boys will whip off his singlet if you indicate you would like to see underneath. Unfortunately they same doesn't usually work for their shorts... until you are back in your room.

christianpfc
September 4th, 2014, 13:10
Simply walk into a bar, take a seat and order a drink. You are not a fee-paying customer until you have done so and have no rights to make requests until that is established. But then you can simply ask the mamasan (or the boy directly) to have the boy(s) remove their shirts if you want to admire their physiques. If done politely and with a smile, your request will certainly be met. Assertiveness does not have to be accompanied by rudeness or aggression.

In principle yes, but in reality shirtless and trouser-less boys is a prerequisite for me entering a bar, not something I ask for after ordering a drink, and then it would still be at the discretion of the boy.

Actually I have done as you recommend before (one case, Wild West Boys). The boy in question lowered his trousers to his knees for some seconds, and then pulled them up again. He and mamasan clearly did not understand what I wanted (to take off his trousers permanently, and the same for all other boys who were wearing trousers).

At least they didn't ask for a tip!