View Full Version : Funny Boys

newyorkgeorge
July 30th, 2014, 18:05
Can any one clarify what is happening at this bar, regarding mamasan Rose? i have been there twice in the past week, and both times she (he) has not been there, i have asked the staff, and i get that very muted Thai hesitant reply of "she go holiday" but when i ask when she come back, they say not know? but one waiter told me privately that she had a big bust up with fat David, who used to be at Cafe Royale, and that she has left? I hope thats not the case, because the atmosphere, and general feeling of the place on both my trips has been very mundane, and the boys just sat around on the sofas, using their mobile phones, and i know its low season, but the place was empty, without doubt mama Rose is the best mamasan i have ever met in Pattaya, i hope she returns, and soon!

frequentfliers
July 30th, 2014, 20:28
Probably on holidays.Funny Boys is the best,always great guys there and excellent management.

egel
July 31st, 2014, 03:50
Hmmm... funilly enough I was in there a few weeks ago and wondered where she was....nice long holiday....never been a time when she wasnt there before ...mmmm

neddy3
August 1st, 2014, 01:59
I visited Funny Boys tonight, July 31.
Mamasan Rose not present.
A dozen or so dancers.
The bar felt flat. Rose was such a dynamic presence, hence her absence is conspicuous.

A staff member of a nearby bar, whose opinion I would consider reliable, says Rose is finished at the bar, for a week already.

firecat69
August 1st, 2014, 07:23
One thing for sure. Rose will surface at another Bar and that Bar quickly will become one of the Best Bars in BT. Can't wait to see where it is??

jvt22222
August 1st, 2014, 09:32
Seoul

PeterUK
August 1st, 2014, 10:53
Seoul

Career move? ;) I heard the same thing.

catawampuscat
August 1st, 2014, 12:39
I'm in agreement about Rose being the best of the mamasans.
Dynamite Boys was a great boy Gogo bar for a long time under his wing.
Mamasans are generally rather vile lady men who are vultures and are best
dispensed with ASAP.
Rose rose above the other mamasans. Rose also has a good eye and stayed away
from the uber skinny twinks and very fem boys with budding breasts that many
mamasans hire. Rose was the least feminine mamasan and has a strong personality.
I hope Rose resurfaces soon. Maybe Wild West Boys or the defunct Krazy Dragon??

Hime
August 1st, 2014, 16:14
I believe she left ,without telling the owners and management. Typical Thai cannot look someone in the face I believe she is doing something in Korea.
She was but not that brilliant and when I was in there the new guy was as good as Rose in her early days.
Anyway you go to look at the boys and not to get turned on by an old mamasan!

neddy3
August 1st, 2014, 17:12
Is there a new Mamasan? I saw no sign of one last night.
All the non-dancing staff looked familiar.

Can anyone tell more about the 'Seoul gig'?

frequentfliers
August 2nd, 2014, 07:02
Can someone just ask Mike or Kung at Panorama and end the speculation.?

jvt22222
August 2nd, 2014, 09:29
What I heard --- gads, I hate to gossip --- Rose went to South Korea ..... did not sneak off ..... for a complete new "face" job ...... was gonna come back with a total new "look" .... a brother accompanied to help take care .... evidently was made an employment offer too good to turn down ..... that has happened to lots of us ... Rose has lots of familial financial responsibility like lots of our friends here .... my guess it that (s)he will show up sometime in the future, hardly recognizable, and we can all have something else to talk about.

homeseeker
August 2nd, 2014, 16:23
Staff are saying at Funny Boy that Rose has gone to Korea "for work". Sounds that having a face job is possible. Some in other bars are gossiping that Rose has gone to Korea to have-wait for it-a "sex change"!
-I am just reporting the gossip!

Alex303
August 2nd, 2014, 18:42
I was in there a few weeks ago and got the same reply when I quizzed a couple of the waiters where Rose was...must admit it did seem a bit 'flat' in there without Rose's presence...

i have asked the staff, and i get that very muted Thai hesitant reply of "she go holiday"

frequentfliers
August 3rd, 2014, 06:49
Noom is the new mamasan there now.He has been assistant to Rose for some time.I wish him well,he is a very nice guy.

August 3rd, 2014, 07:58
Couldn't he choose a more appopiate name? Hip maybe or Leaf or even Petal

bkkguy
August 4th, 2014, 18:51
Rose leaf (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Rose%20leaf) may have been more appropriate in his previous position and/or may explain how he rose to his current position

bkkguy