PDA

View Full Version : the cafe royale

aot871
July 30th, 2014, 16:54
A friend of mine was booked into the caf├й royale for 1 weeks stay but after two nights checked out because of bad service , he said that they do not do a breakfast service any more, ( you cannot even get a cup of tea or coffie ). The rooms need a 100% revamp for the prices charged, etc, Was this 1 off or has the caf├й gone down hill since it was last sold to the new thai owner. If you as a first time guest stayed there you would be surprised , as none of the services. offered on the hotel webb site, are infact offered. , The webb page site has not been updated since the hotel was sold months ago

stkyricesf
July 31st, 2014, 02:36
What a shame. I've always liked and stayed at Caf├й Royale since 98' I knew it was having problems, but it sounds bad now. Hope someone keeps the thread going and updates. Maybe it's just a phase their going though. :( I may need to re think of a new place to stay.

egel
July 31st, 2014, 03:32
Hope someone keeps the thread going and updates. Maybe it's just a phase their going though.
Perhaps the person who actually stayed there.....

July 31st, 2014, 07:19
Hope someone keeps the thread going and updates. Maybe it's just a phase their going though. Perhaps the person who actually stayed there.....Don't get carried away egel; you'll completely kill off the Forum's enviable reputation for rumour and innuendo.

scottish-guy
July 31st, 2014, 15:11
I always though "Innuendo" was Italian for sodomy

blazer
July 31st, 2014, 15:25
It is no longer listed on any of the major booking sites I checked for my next visit.

The Ambiance is. Rates down to $26 US per night for a superior deluxe. I guess times have changed.

dab69
July 31st, 2014, 22:03
I would be more concerned about the well being of the waiters, Cha and Mac.

OK I am a little worried you can't get a coffee there anymore.

aot871
July 31st, 2014, 22:48
I would be more concerned about the well being of the waiters, Cha and Mac.

OK I am a little worried you can't get a coffee there anymore.
Cha and Mac have been sacked, they no longer work there

yeye62
August 1st, 2014, 00:53
I was there in May and after 4 days I moved to Ambiance.

I can unfortunately only confirm that they sacked the day team and moved some waiters of the night time to another hotel.

Quite sad after having spent so many days there during more than 15 years. My next booking will be in..... Ambiance

stevehadders
August 1st, 2014, 01:48
Anybody know whether Tanwa and Mr Aod still there...or have they gone also?

dab69
August 2nd, 2014, 00:01
loss of coffee and restaurant service still isn't
a deal breaker.
will miss their continental breakfast
and their tuna salads :P
guessing they had to cut losses on
what wan't making money.

Funny, it's always -"a friend was staying there and left",
but they are never the one to post about it.

aot871
August 2nd, 2014, 07:18
the reason my friend did not post is because he is not a member of any pattaya forum ,He thinks that there are too many queens on here, so dab69 , if the hat fits you, please wear it

August 2nd, 2014, 12:16
the reason my friend did not post is because he is not a member of any pattaya forumThis beggars belief aot871. You mean there are gay guys who visit Pattaya who are not one of the three or four active members of The Sawatdee Network? What is the point of the Matrix (sorry, the Network)?

dab69
August 7th, 2014, 08:06
Gee, as long as we're at it:

All hotel guests are invited to join us every Tuesday evening from 8:00 pm. to 9:00 pm. in our Piano Bar for a free hour of cocktails. Come and mingle with other hotel guests and friends before starting your evening!

Actually the free hour of cocktails cost 100 bT each, down from whatever.
Somehow I survived and didn't have to check out with a hissy fit. NBFD
Didn't actually want to drink there anyway.

paperboy
August 7th, 2014, 17:42
had both
very very nice