PDA

View Full Version : Phnom Penh

a447
July 27th, 2014, 22:01
I'm planning a trip to PP and would like to hear about the gay scene there from someone who has recently visited.

I was there a few years ago and didn't find much. I'm hoping it has changed for the better.

Gaybutton
July 27th, 2014, 22:34
Along with responses you're likely to get, I would suggest also making contact with some Phnom Penh boys on Gay Romeo. Even if you're not going to meet them, if anyone would know the gay scene there, they would. If you find a boy who is responsive, you might even consider making him an offer to personally show you around the gay scene. Chances are good he would not only know the places where farang go, but he might also be able to show you lesser known places too (which would interest me much more than touristy spots).

I've never been to Phnom Penh, but if I were to go that's what I would do.

paulosussex
July 27th, 2014, 23:48
Hi,
Gaybutton's advice is good, also use Jack'd to pre-meet. The gay scene is pretty low key and the bars are often small hit and miss places but usually friendly. Blue Chili is the most reliable and quite fun with a lot of rent. Often the nightclubs are a better bet if you can go with someone. There's usually a bit more going on in the sauna's for someone young and virile like you...
Cheers

christianpfc
July 28th, 2014, 12:31
I've been this month. Reports on my blog:

http://christianpfc.blogspot.com/2014/0 ... -penh.html (http://christianpfc.blogspot.com/2014/07/cambodia-day-2-phom-penh.html) (and other entries under label "Cambodia").

See here as well:

advice-cambodia-t30743.html (http://sawatdeenetwork.com/forum/advice-cambodia-t30743.html)

I didn't use online dating for my trip.

scottish-guy
July 30th, 2014, 04:27
.....someone young and virile like you...

Leaving aside the "young" - exactly how "virile" do you have to be to get your legs up in the air at the drop of a hat?

:))

paulosussex
July 30th, 2014, 18:00
Rudolf Nureyev was pretty virile... ;)

goji
August 2nd, 2014, 05:41
Well the Blue Chilli bar is always a good place to meet people, including friendly locals.

Also see comments on saunas in the other Cambodia threads on this forum.

paperboy
August 4th, 2014, 21:38
hi
if your looking for a guide and company, i had profile boy "chhauy" from gayromeo
his english is superb and his knowledge of t he town was great, he is gay a nd was born there, so was great for him to show me everything.
and also i asked him to stay with me the rest of my holiday after the first night in bed, he was amazing, and a very caring boy too
So i would highley recomend him

a447
August 7th, 2014, 17:35
Thanks, Paperboy. I might look him up.

Has anyone stayed at the Rambutan Resort or the Quay Boutique hotel in PP?

paperboy
August 7th, 2014, 17:46
hi
i stayed at the silver river hotel
the location was great and also great price.
I loved PP and chhauy" really looked after me and showed me everywhere
otherwise, i would have been lost in this big city

paulosussex
August 7th, 2014, 18:06
Hi,
I've stayed at both, Rambutan last December, The Quay a couple of years ago.
The Quay is in a good position as it's close to the centre of things on the riverside, plenty of bars and restaurants close by and Blue Chilli is a 10 min walk.
The better rooms overlooking the river are good and it's a stylish place.
Rambuttan Resort is a tuk tuk ride away from the action in BKK1, there's not a lot going on around the area but there is a local market close by and the Russian market is not far - still a tuk tuk ride away though. Rooms and service are great as it the pool and bar/restaurant area, although both can get busy with expats especially at weekends. Their chef, Mr Meanchy is really good. They have in house massage and their penthouse is a great room with a large Jacuzzi on it's own room terrace.
Cheers

kjun12
June 15th, 2019, 12:35
Thanks to God PP is a place that has not been sullied and trashed by your over fat presence.