PDA

View Full Version : coyote dancers

Wim888
July 8th, 2014, 20:07
Could someone please explain to me what a "coyote dancer" is? From what I can understand, they are handsome, muscular guys that dance and model at some clubs. But they do not seem to wear numbers, and they sometimes dance in tight, sexy jeans rather that underwear. Are they available to off, like the guys at the go-go bars?

And why are they called "coyotes"? Yes, I have lived and worked in the U.S. for several years, speak English fluent, and know that coyotes are dog like creatures of North and Central America. But why the name and what are they available--or are they just to look at??

lego
July 8th, 2014, 23:18
You could read http://www.stickmanbangkok.com/Stickman ... ancers.htm (http://www.stickmanbangkok.com/StickmanWeeklyColumn2012/coyote-dancers.htm) about Coyote Girls, much of it applies to Coyote Boys as well.

I'm friendly with some coyote boys in Bangkok who work at Ratchada clubs. I'd say they're quite available. ;)

christianpfc
July 9th, 2014, 01:58
I assume coyote girls were there before coyote boys, but have no idea about the origin of that name. Off fee might be a bit higher, I had only one coyote boy so far (X-Boys Bangkok, about 3 years ago, short time 1500 Baht, not different from normal gogo boys I have offed).

Stickman had some recent post about coyote girls (and the confusion they cause when it is not clear which girls are coyotes and which not, and the higher prices involved). In brief, coyote girls come from agencies and the off fee is as much as the bars pay the agancy, that can be 1000 Baht (off-fee !!!), and the girls earn a lot through drinks and tips and therefore might be reluctant to go and quote outrageous prices (5000 short time !!!). As far as I know, this bullshit has not yet reached gay bars.

francois
July 9th, 2014, 02:42
I assume coyote girls were there before coyote boys, but have no idea about the origin of that name..

Supposedly the term "coyote" originates with an American movie, Coyote Ugly (2000). Coyote Ugly was the name of a bar in NYC where girls danced on stage for tips thus the term Coyotes

Nirish guy
July 11th, 2014, 13:15
. the girls earn a lot through drinks and tips and therefore might be reluctant to go and quote outrageous prices (5000 short time !!!). As far as I know, this bullshit has not yet reached gay bars.

Whilst I note you mention gay BARS but unfortunately this very same practice has indeed reached gay venues such as NAB and DAVE clubs etc, where at the start of the night the off fees could well be 4000-5000 baht and then reducing down as the night goes on but still ending up at maybe 1000 baht by 4am.

Personally I have NEVER understood why anyone would bother as 80% of any dancers I see in clubs I wouldn't go with for FREE as many are overweight and most certainly not "in shape" or cute (IMHO of course).

But like all things in Pattaya nothing is written in stone and just this week one of the 20% of cute looking guys I thought "hmm, I'd do him" but not at those prices was then dancing in boys boys boys the very next night and then the night after that was right at the table next to me in NAB dancing with his friends ...... So, what is it they say "everything cums to he who waits" lol

Marsilius
July 11th, 2014, 20:25
I assume coyote girls were there before coyote boys, but have no idea about the origin of that name..

Supposedly the term "coyote" originates with an American movie, Coyote Ugly (2000). Coyote Ugly was the name of a bar in NYC where girls danced on stage for tips thus the term Coyotes

Ah, that may well be how the phrase itself gained widespread circulation. But the question then arises as to why the bar itself chose to have such a weird name and what it meant by it?

The following definition and explanation of the origin of the phrase urban coyote is offered by www.urbandictionary.com (http://www.urbandictionary.com):

A situation encountered after a night of consuming alcohol whereby a person, usually male, wakes the next morning in a strange bed with a sexual partner from the previous evening who is completely physically undesirable (see ugly, nasty, two bagger) and sleeping on the man's arm. The hapless male would rather gnaw off his own arm than wake the woman and have to face the ills of his intoxicated choices the previous evening. Originating from a phenomena whereby a coyote captured in a jaw trap will chew off its own leg to escape certain death.

francois
July 11th, 2014, 21:13
Coyote Ugly is the name of a real bar in NYC founded by Lil Lovell in 1993. In the movie Coyote Ugly, Lil does give this definition of Coyote Ugly:

Girl: What does Coyote Ugly mean? Lil: Did you ever wake up sober after a one night stand, and the person you're next to is lying on your arm, and they're so ugly, you'd rather chew off your arm than risk waking 'em? That's coyote ugly.

joe552
July 11th, 2014, 21:57
Never happened to me of course (yeah right) but I appreciate the sentiment

peeseua
July 11th, 2014, 23:28
Coyote Ugly is the name of a real bar in NYC founded by Lil Lovell in 1993. In the movie Coyote Ugly, Lil does give this definition of Coyote Ugly:

Girl: What does Coyote Ugly mean? Lil: Did you ever wake up sober after a one night stand, and the person you're next to is lying on your arm, and they're so ugly, you'd rather chew off your arm than risk waking 'em? That's coyote ugly.

Now I feel horrible about making all those lovely Thai boys wake up next to me...looks like I'll have to do an extra thousand baht penance each time from now on.

anonone
July 12th, 2014, 07:34
. the girls earn a lot through drinks and tips and therefore might be reluctant to go and quote outrageous prices (5000 short time !!!). As far as I know, this bullshit has not yet reached gay bars.

Whilst I note you mention gay BARS but unfortunately this very same practice has indeed reached gay venues such as NAB and DAVE clubs etc, where at the start of the night the off fees could well be 4000-5000 baht and then reducing down as the night goes on but still ending up at maybe 1000 baht by 4am.

Personally I have NEVER understood why anyone would bother as 80% of any dancers I see in clubs I wouldn't go with for FREE as many are overweight and most certainly not "in shape" or cute (IMHO of course).

But like all things in Pattaya nothing is written in stone and just this week one of the 20% of cute looking guys I thought "hmm, I'd do him" but not at those prices was then dancing in boys boys boys the very next night and then the night after that was right at the table next to me in NAB dancing with his friends ...... So, what is it they say "everything cums to he who waits" lol

Nice. Goes the other way as well. A "friend" of ours who used to work in a gogo bar surprised us by appearing on stage as a coyote in one of the clubs...NAB I think. Cost me a coyote drink as a matter of fact, once he joined us at the table.

Just another example of the rather blurry line between gogo and coyote.

Impulse
July 14th, 2014, 00:39
Just a glorified go go boy presented in a way where he can try to charge more.

latintopxxx
July 17th, 2014, 02:35
rocker...darling....marketing matters....like hello....