PDA

View Full Version : Guys from Southeast Asia at Bangkok Go-go bars

Wim888
July 8th, 2014, 19:49
During my visit to Bangkok last year, I found that some of the most handsome boys working at Silom bars were from Southeast Asian countries such as Cambodia, Vietnam, and Myanmar. On the other hand, the manager at Dream Boys told me that he hired only Thai guys; no non-Thai guys were allowed to work at the club.

I offered several very handsome Cambodian guys, but found that they demanded high tips. They provided very good sexual services, so I tipped generously.

I stayed at a gay-friendly hotel, but the security staff members were reluctant to let me bring Cambodia guys to my room. I thought that this was perhaps because of Thai prejudice toward Cambodians. I resolved the problem by smiles, patience, and 100 baht tips to the security guards.

Has anyone had similar experiences? Comments will be greatly appreciated.

christianpfc
July 9th, 2014, 01:56
There are plenty of boys from other South-East Asian countries (that are poorer than Thailand: Lao, Birma, Cambodia, Vietnam; I am not aware of boys from anywhere else) working in bars. Can't say if they are more or less handsome, guess they are similar attractive as Thai boys.

What I observed is that they are reluctant to reveal where they come from, most claimed first to be Thai and have a fluency in spoken Thai and I could not detect an accent that would allow me to tell they are not native speakers. Surprisingly, they maintain this claim (to be from Thailand) even in presense of native speakers (who can clearly hear these boys are not native speakers). But most of them cannot read and write Thai, that's how I catch them, or by asking not only which province they come, but which ampoe, or details about interesting places in that province. Most tourists probably wouldn't notice or care, but I do.

I had only one case where a boy from Vietnam wanted 2000 for short time (that was about 3 years ago), all others were happy with the going rate (Bangkok 1500 short time / 2000 long time - that was until mid-2013, now they might want more; Pattaya 1000 short time, 1500 long time).

netrix
July 9th, 2014, 04:09
Some of the waiter boys who work at Dongtan Beach in Jomtien are from Burma (Myanmar). A few I know
don't speak much Thai at all but have learned pretty decent English since being in Thailand. By the way,
maybe other beach-goers can confirm... I think the manager at the beach keeps any tips if you pay her
so I always tip the boys directly. I've noticed them look for her before discreetly accepting the money, so
maybe keep that in mind if you want to tip your friendly, cute Burmese waiter at the beach.

I've also met a handful of gogo boys in Pattaya from Burma and a couple from Cambodia. Never have they
been that secretive about where they're from.

Smiles
July 9th, 2014, 21:47
" ... I think the manager at the beach keeps any tips if you pay her, so I always tip the boys directly ... "
Always a good idea to do that if the guy gives good service (my bar is low ... a nice sincere-looking smile and a bit of table-talk is good enough): a rather cheap-charley small tip in the check-bin folder and a second, fat ~ sometimes 200 baht, after 4 beers ~ tip folded up tightly in the palm of the hand and passed over ever so surreptitiously ... a small funny conspiracy between you and he: one never knows what options may present themselves in that split second of generosity.
On the other hand, if you think the owner doesn't know this is nonsense is going on, you're not thinking.