PDA

View Full Version : Pattaya updates.

newalaan2
June 26th, 2014, 14:50
Just a few updates for any potential visitors in the near future. I kept it separate from a447 as his pattaya report is more about his own personal experiences as opposed to a wide rage of bar info.

Definitely low season quiet at moment. Have been to Pattayaland/Boyztown a couple of times and not much to report from the norm at this time of year other than it 'seems' a tad quieter. Panorama steady but not packed, same with serene, and Oscars was very quiet. Funny Boys agogo was the quietest I have seen it for some years, I went in about 10.30 and there was only one other customer in the place. Boys were interactive from the stage but during the 30 mins or so only 3 Indian customers came in as I was leaving.

Toyboys over the soi however was busy compared to other places. I went in on a different night at about 10.30 and there were customers on both sides of the bar, with 2-3 lads being taken off in the time I was there. Again the boys sitting in front of the stage waiting their turn were keen to chat and joke, which was fine as I was alone on this visit.

Show time at BzBzBz and Copa were both steady with customers, though not packed, and both terraces had a few customers outside.

Busiest and most lively place in the soi was the 'new' open plan showtime at Caf├й Royale, it was very busy on one of the nights even after the show, as there was musical entertainment, also some nice new younger waiters trying to invite customers in, just to state........I didn't actually go in, just witnessed on passing on way from Toyboys to Copa.

Other bars visited were Lucky Seven Pattayland 1, which had a good selection of lads, but again only 2-3 customers, as was the situation at Cupidol. Some nice lads around the bars at the moment only lack of customers.

Sunee was business as normal, some bars busy some dead. One night I went to sunee I think was sunday because Double Shot was closed, it really takes away from that corner when it is closed, even if devoid of customers when open things appear much more lively around there. There are always plenty of waiters in DS so always some activity.

Talking of closures, maybe I missed it on this forum but the old topman premises which was opened by former partners of now Elephant Plaza is closed as a beerbar. they had taken down the outer wall which opened up the place and also gave the area a bit more light, now the wall is actually back up! my last visit it seemed to be busy enough. Couldn't believe it was closed up after such a short tenure of life as an open bar.

All of Me as usual busy early evening, with the 'round table' occupied nightly (outwith rain spells). Ducs bar seemed to be on a bit of a revival while Yaya next door was dead, ducs was busy if not packed every time I passed. Had a seat there couple times as I know the waiters formerly of Yayas. Sky has a few customers nightly, but it's a big bar to make look busy. The bars up from Allof Me.........Eden, new queens, rainbow etc fairly quiet, sometimes it needs a good old birthday party or bit if issan music to get things going.

Enjoyed visits to Ouds caf├й bar, always great hosting and top notch coffee and service. Opened a bottle of 100 pipers the other night and as well as the Ouds waiters and friends had waiters from other bars come in by to help polish off the bottle and add a good helping of much needed fun/hysterics/joking, you'd think I had chucked a handful of Bt1000 notes in the air given the excitement a single bottle of Bt950 whiskey produced from what was a dead situation.

Uturn, Crazy Pub had a share of customers, but way too much boys available everywhere in comparison to the potential customers.

Visited NAB 2-3 nights back and it was a good fun night. 3 of us arrived about 1am and it was just getting going within 45 mins the place was buzzing with all tables from the VIP rooms forward occupied, and lots of table interchanging with guys stopping by to chink glasses, we finally had 8 at our table as it was a birthday celebration and the mamasan who was in our company fom a boyztown bar always manages to attract quite a bit of interest in our table with plenty of traffic, and many lads who I have never seen on the actual bar scene and don't work the bars. Had a really great laugh and fun time. So yes NAB still definitely the 'in' place at the moment.

anonone
June 26th, 2014, 16:00
Thanks for the great update newalan. Very timely for me as I will arrive in Pattaya in a couple of days.

I will try very hard to inject some fun throughout the Pattaya gay scene. Lol.

arsenal
June 26th, 2014, 21:54
So who is running Ducs 'bar now?

francois
June 26th, 2014, 22:27
His waiter/friend Tee.

newalaan2
June 28th, 2014, 12:47
Had a drink at the New Caf├й Royal the other night, actually missed the show as it starts 10.30pm before I arrived, the other entertainment is really just 'karaoke on a stage', but the singers are excellent. I expect you can request songs so could make up your entertainment to your own personal taste. What I liked was the fact you are not enclosed in a bar, it is open to the soi so you can enjoy the entertainment and take in the passing scenes outside. Bt190 for a vod/coke for the privilege of a semi-terrace seat. As I also previously advised, new younger-than-normal (for Caf├й Royal) waiters on hand with excellent service.

Also decided to give Wild West Boys a look in by. Again outwith showtime, but about 15 or so boys and a couple of nice lads in the line up, with one excellent natural dancer and deserving of the Bt100 tip I gave on my way out. Surprisingly busy-ish with a few customers in both rows facing the stage, one waiter even getting an off in the time I was there. Bt220 per drink outwith showtime was a surprise though, but not enough to put me off visiting again. I expect to and am happy to pay Bt200-ish for any bar prepared to go to the expense and effort of putting on a show, no matter how good or bad it happens to be or even if I actually see it!

I will try very hard to inject some fun throughout the Pattaya gay scene. Lol.
It definitely needs it, and the boys are bored out of their skulls. I often (ok sometimes) as others do here have 'Bucknaway moments' receiving the 'offer' of free sex from a few of the boys in the beer bars, usually on condition of paying off fee, or with the freelancers the further encouragement of no off fee so they can escape their boredom, but rarely from Agogo boys.

But received such an offer from a lovely lad at Cupidol, who said there hadn't been much offs lately, was horny and bored, and also surprisingly at another popular Boyztwon agogo (on a different night), which I cannot name in case there is any 'comeback', where a slim very cute young lad who I know uses Gay Romeo also offered himself for 'no tip for me, I not fake you, tip I don't care!' if we could hit a bar or two first, he was encouraged also surprisingly by the mamasan i've known for more than a dozen years who even offered to wave the bar off fee, as he is 'good boy'.

Had to decline on both fortunately as even though alone was meeting up with bf later, but it shows just how low season it is and the boys are desperate for offs and some fun to break the tedium. The clubs must be affected to some degree, especially the (popular with bar boys) Dave Man Club as I came across so many lads saying they simply can't afford even to share a night out with 4 or 5 friends as regularly as they are used to. Rent and food (and I imagine iphone bills) are the main focus. Your 'injections' will be more than appreciated anonone.

Colmx.......great time for a visit?

colmx
June 28th, 2014, 23:46
Colmx.......great time for a visit?

I wish!
Unfortunately family commitments are dragging me to the opposite side of the world and all available finances are being consumed by a Las Vegas and Hawaii trip in Sept
(and hopeful BF visit to Ireland in August)

So it is exacttly 6 months from today till my next LOS visit
(Unless BF or I win teh lottery between now and then!)

Hopefully Anonone's and NIrish's contributions next week will keep the Pattaya economy ticking over for another few months!