PDA

View Full Version : Dropping like flies

arsenal
June 7th, 2014, 21:22
LMTU, Monty, Jinks, Duc and now Neal. It seems the old guard are leaving at an alarming rate. But they all seemed to have lived plenty of life before they went and not one of them went quietly or in the case of most, graciously. I met three of them and my life was more interesting and a little enriched for it.

Shuee
June 10th, 2014, 00:00
if you go back a few years theres more, brian boxer & allen briggs etc, why are you expecting anything different when expats come to retire here for life? its either natural causes or they have free unsuccessful flying lessons from their balconys.
Pattaya; aka old farts grave yard. havent you seen the gran reaper walking the soi's in sunee at night?

christianpfc
June 10th, 2014, 12:21
Let's not forget jaafar/blackbeard who passed away last year.

scottish-guy
June 10th, 2014, 14:58
...havent you seen the grim reaper walking the soi's in sunee at night?

Is that who that is?

I thought it was a certain bar owner pounding the beat in his volunteer Cop costume

8-}

Butterball_Bruce
June 10th, 2014, 15:44
Sometimes I think people die faster when they live in places like Pattaya because of the excessive lifestyle. Too much food, too much drink, too much sex (well this one's not so bad!), cigarette smoking, imbibing other narcotic substances, no exercise, boredom (plenty of boys but no real conversation), easy/contagious suicide (so many balconies and everybody seems to be jumping off them), money problems, disillusionment, etc etc. I'm content to visit twice a year. :)

Butterball_Bruce
June 10th, 2014, 15:53
Let's not forget jaafar/blackbeard who passed away last year.

And don't forget Oogleman. When I last saw him, in Pattaya, he looked very unwell and there were whispers that he was at death's door. And the last I heard is that he died not long after. :(

arsenal
June 10th, 2014, 16:42
I don't think he is Bruce. He's still posting on his board.

Manforallseasons
June 10th, 2014, 17:33
...havent you seen the grim reaper walking the soi's in sunee at night?

Is that who that is?

I thought it was a certain bar owner pounding the beat in his volunteer Cop costume

8-}

You should see him walking down the Soi with his better half now that's what I call pounding !

Doug
June 10th, 2014, 18:55
Arrangements for Duc are being organized by his close friends. His funeral will probably be on the 14th or 15th in Pattaya. You can keep current with the plans at this website:

http://ducsbarandcoffeeshop.wordpress.com/