PDA

View Full Version : Saigon still into gay life there

JamesII
June 6th, 2014, 08:24
Will visit Saigon on business again next month and wonder if things going good there...any good life
in bars coffee shops or saunas?
love to hear from you guys about Vietnam

Dboy
June 7th, 2014, 09:34
Saigon is really turning into something special. Lot's of younger people moving there from all over to work on tech startup companies. Many co-working spaces, cool cafes. Gay culture still takes a bit of work to find, but that's fine with me. Club scene always changing, but plenty to do in District 1.

JamesII
June 7th, 2014, 21:01
I stay in Dist 1 since my office is there..but just wonder the streets and that is about it...maybe a coffee shop now and then.
Just wondered where to go and what to do for gay life..most of the Vietnam guys are shy...guess they are scared old mama will
find out they are out getting it on with another man..no just kidding.
Gayromeo is good but I find most of them are "money boys'..thanks for any info from you nice guys here.

lego
June 8th, 2014, 14:46
During previous visits to Saigon, I found the Jack'd and GuySpy apps very useful. I found some great guys there, and I didn't encounter as many money boys as on GayRomeo. I also didn't have much luck chatting up guys in the street, they do seem to be quite shy/reserved.

scottish-guy
June 11th, 2014, 11:50
For a tourist with a BS/BF there is still the problem that most hotels will not countenance 2 guys in a doubled-bedded room e.g. A&EM hotel group.

Either you have to go for a twin-bed room and sleep apart or play them at their own game by booking a family room with 2 big beds (or 1 big, 1 small) and make 1 look like its been slept in.

Its like a fucking time warp.

a447
June 11th, 2014, 12:27
I stayed at the Caravelle hotel and the policy there was any visitor to your room had to be out by 9pm.
So it's still possible if you want to bring a guy back, but you have to run the gauntlet of straight visitors and family groups. Could be uncomfortable in the lift.

scottish-guy
June 11th, 2014, 16:12
Yes, a447 - that's what I meant, essentially NO overnight guests.

Here is extract from A&EM policy (relevant because they have 9 or 10 hotels in Saigon)

Please note that hotel policy requires foreign guests checking in with a local to produce a marriage certificate upon arrival at the hotel. Kindly contact the hotel's front desk for further information.

So, say myself and BF (Viet) - we cannot have a double room. We can have a TWIN room (hardly ideal), or play a game by taking a family room at extra cost.

From looking on lots of booking websites, this policy is replicated across the board (almost!)

Nirish guy
June 12th, 2014, 01:45
I was under the impression that it wasn't the / any particular hotels policy by their choice but by law - is that not the case ???

scottish-guy
June 12th, 2014, 02:39
Strictly speaking, yes - in the same way as prostitution is illegal in Thailand.

:))

a447
June 12th, 2014, 06:22
They have the same govt policy in Laos but that didn't stop me bringing a guy back to my hotel. I tried to sneak him past reception but as soon as we got into the room, I got a phone call asking me to send the guy to reception do they could check his ID.

I was under the impression that these laws refer to guys bringing back local women, not guys.

scottish-guy
June 12th, 2014, 14:10
Oh, I've no doubt you're correct about that a447 - and that these regulations are aimed at str8s . However, my bf IS Vietnamese and assures me that there can be significant problems in many hotels with trying to register 2 guys in a one-bedded room, and everything I have read/heard seems to (at least) point in that direction.

Doubtless there will be hotels which are more flexible than others - it would be a matter of finding one. No hotels advertise as "gay" - either online or even in Spartacus. There is the recently opened Godmother's Bar which advertises as gay, and has rooms above - so, you'd think that would be a strong possibility, but their informative website has mysteriously disappeared in the past couple of weeks.

JamesII
June 13th, 2014, 00:00
Try the Tan Hai Long #3 Silverland Hotel..not a problem there if you book one of the deluxe rooms..
they do not question you about the guys visiting you..but please tip the staff good ..

Smiles
June 14th, 2014, 07:36
" ... For a tourist with a BS/BF there is still the problem that most hotels will not countenance 2 guys in a doubled-bedded room e.g. A&EM hotel group. Either you have to go for a twin-bed room and sleep apart ... "
Just how fat are you anyway?
We often end up (unbeknownst at first ... now I know what we'll probably get in the boonies) with two single beds. We love it, sharing a single bed all night ... taking endless liberties is obligatory, and I have discovered crevices easily missed in the big-ass king bed at home.
Have you no sense of adventure dooood?

June 14th, 2014, 14:02
So it's still possible if you want to bring a guy back, but you have to run the gauntlet of straight visitors and family groups. Could be uncomfortable in the lift.You have no sense of adventure a447. The whole point is to offend straight visitors and family groups in the lift or indeed anywhere else. Always ask the men in front of their wives if they managed to get away and visit a girly bar last night. If you're with a boy I find the phrase "I can't wait to stick my tongue up your arse" produces an inevitable frisson, especially if there are children present. Referring to a baby as a "fuck trophy" can work wonders. When on a plane where there are annoying children running around I leer at the parents and say in a confidential tone "You do know there may be a paedophile on board?"

scottish-guy
June 14th, 2014, 18:19
.... Have you no sense of adventure dooood?

Yes! But squeezing 2 people into an 18" wide single bed when one of them is Asian and seems to run an overnight body temperature of 100c, isn't my idea of adventure - more like purgatory.

:))

a447
June 14th, 2014, 18:33
Kommentariat wrote:

You have no sense of adventure a447. The whole point is to offend straight visitors and family groups in the lift or indeed anywhere else. Always ask the men in front of their wives if they managed to get away and visit a girly bar last night. If you're with a boy I find the phrase "I can't wait to stick my tongue up your arse" produces an inevitable frisson, especially if there are children present. Referring to a baby as a "fuck trophy" can work wonders. When on a plane where there are annoying children running around I leer at the parents and say in a confidential tone "You do know there may be a paedophile on board?"

Lol

But "I shy."

scottish-guy
June 14th, 2014, 20:48
I have to say Kommy's post made me laugh out loud.

:YMAPPLAUSE: :YMAPPLAUSE:

Smiles
June 15th, 2014, 05:16
" ... If you're with a boy I find the phrase "I can't wait to stick my tongue up your arse" produces an inevitable frisson, especially if there are children present ... "
OK OK, you've convinced me. The Board was rife with 'sit-on-my-face' stories some years ago, which were hard to ignore. Along with few other smelly tidbits ... I'm not only convinced, I'm contrite.

goji
June 17th, 2014, 04:23
For a tourist with a BS/BF there is still the problem that most hotels will not countenance 2 guys in a doubled-bedded room e.g. A&EM hotel group.
Either you have to go for a twin-bed room and sleep apart or play them at their own game by booking a family room with 2 big beds (or 1 big, 1 small) and make 1 look like its been slept in.

Well that's a foolproof way of preventing guys having sex in your hotel. I mean, if there are 2 beds, there's no way they're going to do it..... :))

lego
June 17th, 2014, 15:53
I've never had any problem to let another guy (a local, more to the point) share my hotel room with me in Vietnam. Isn't it much like in Laos, that what they're really trying to prevent is foreigners staying with local ladies they aren't married to? I've never had the impression that these restrictions are enforced as far as gays are concerned, in both countries.

The only thing I've been cautioned about is that I shouldn't stay with a Vietnamese at their house or apartment, because they're supposed to register you with the police, most likely don't know the procedure and then might end up getting into trouble. I've declined a number of invitations because of this, but I prefer staying at a hotel anyway.

JamesII
June 18th, 2014, 03:21
The thing with hotels inviting locals in is not the police its the bell boys and the front desk..
If you keep them tipped well then you have no problems...just leave a tip from time to time and
things goes well..even bring your own mama in..