PDA

View Full Version : Curfew lifted in Pattaya- double boost?

newalaan2
June 3rd, 2014, 17:30
Now that the curfew has been lifted in Pattaya I would imagine the bars, but more especially the clubs like NAB should enjoy a better than normal few nights as boys and customers make up for missed time. The weekends in Pattaya always have a huge influx from Bkk, this weekend will surely be larger than normal.

The double bonus for Pattaya could well be, the not only getting back to normal for local thais and westerners aspect, but a larger than normal inflow of both Thais and westerners (with their cash) outwith the normal weekend rush from Bkk where the curfew remains.

Probably needs to be added to the 'silver linings' (for Pattaya anyway) thread.

Added bonus also for those of us recently arrived on holiday and due to arrive shortly.

netrix
June 3rd, 2014, 17:40
haha i'm getting texts and facebook messages from guys at the bars and discos telling me to come out cuz the curfew is finished. ;)

joe552
June 3rd, 2014, 18:08
I'm glad I'll be able to get my nightly glass of hot milk after midnight. Great news for all of us sex tourists. And hopefully the boys will be extra grateful (yeh, right)

anonone
June 3rd, 2014, 22:59
I am not going to be there for several weeks, but I agree that Pattaya will probably see a boost because of the curfew being lifted. I can't imagine it would make up for all the tourists staying away from Thailand altogether, but better then nothing.

I saw a story about large drop off in Russian visitors...have to imagine that Jomtien would be a ghost town if that happens in a big way.

rtu55
June 4th, 2014, 23:53
Only 5 customers in X-boys for the show 10 pm. Same for Wild west boys 10:30 pm. Maybe more in other bars?

newalaan2
June 5th, 2014, 03:07
Only 5 customers in X-boys for the show 10 pm. Same for Wild west boys 10:30 pm. Maybe more in other bars?
I think both of these bars had reports of being inconsistent as far as visitor numbers were concerned before the coup anyway, I would expect ToyBoys and BoyzBoyzBoyz to be more of an indication on customer numbers as they seem to have been 2 of the more consistent bars over the past 2-3 months (and longer). A lot will depend however on quantity of Asian visitors, especially chinese for Toyboys I would imagine.

messages from guys at the bars and discos telling me to come out cuz the curfew is finished
I should be in Pattaya by next week, NAB will def be on the list, maybe Dave Man so i'll be interested to see how busy they are. Tam Nan Issan tends to buck any trends in terms of customer numbers and fads so I would expect it to be busy anyway. Update us if you manage a visit anywhere Netrix.

anonone
June 5th, 2014, 06:18
Yes, please.
Sounds like several of you will beat me to Patts, so if anyone would be so kind as to post some observations I would appreciate it.

June 5th, 2014, 14:12
The double bonus for Pattaya could well be, the not only getting back to normal for local thais and westerners aspect, but a larger than normal inflow of both Thais and westerners (with their cash) outwith the normal weekend rush from Bkk where the curfew remains. Looking forward to hearing about this all of my Bangkok friends have nothing but contempt for Pattaya and the people who live there.

egel
June 5th, 2014, 23:24
Only 5 customers in X-boys for the show 10 pm. Same for Wild west boys 10:30 pm.
Big improvement for WWB then!

Oliver
June 6th, 2014, 10:13
We wandered around Boyztown and Sunee on arrival yesterday evening and our first impressions (subject to jet-lag) were that the former was very quiet, with Soi 1 all but deserted, while Sunee was at least as busy as it was on our last visit in February.
Some host bars were doing well and even those that weren't had guys "barking" for custom- last time their faces were buried in their mobiles.
We saw a number of punters entering Eros so it's likely that the go-go bars were doing fairly well, too.

We were a little surprised by this after what we've been reading lately.
By the way, Panorama now opens at 1800..."no have customer." My early-evening beer has to wait.

rtu55
June 6th, 2014, 14:25
I think both of these bars had reports of being inconsistent as far as visitor numbers were concerned before the coup anyway, I would expect ToyBoys and BoyzBoyzBoyz to be more of an indication on customer numbers as they seem to have been 2 of the more consistent bars over the past 2-3 months (and longer). A lot will depend however on quantity of Asian visitors, especially chinese for Toyboys I would imagine.

You were right. BoyzBoyzBoyz was packed with customers yesterday night. One could hardly get a seat there.