PDA

View Full Version : Pattaya or Bali

a447
May 30th, 2014, 14:31
I just arrived home from China yesterday . I won't bother writing about our gay experiences there as we saw no gay activity at all. I'm now contemplating a trip next week to either Pattaya or Bali.
What's happening re bar opening and closing times in a Pattaya? Joe reported that Thaivisa says the curfew in Pattaya may be lifted next week but I couldn't find the relevant post. Do the bars just open at, say, 7 and close at around 10 to allow the guys to get home?
Is it worthwhile going to Pattaya or would Bali be a better option? (I'd prefer Pattaya).
I got an email from my regular last trip asking for money, as he says he has had no customers. I'd prefer to visit him and hand over the money in person - in exchange for some "favours" of course!

Oliver
May 30th, 2014, 15:08
My advice (and I'm in Bali now) is to come here and enjoy the island's beauty and the warmth of its people.
And then go to Pattaya if you want an accessible sex-scene. Which is where I'm going next.

Nirish guy
May 30th, 2014, 17:04
Oliver I agree with you and think I may do exactly as you suggest myself shortly - but one thing - are you implying that Bali doesn't have accessible sex, if you are all I can tell you is you must be looking in the wrong place as it was coming out of the wood work during my last few trips if you wanted it, personally I didn't bother of course as I was much to busy with temple trips and the like but it was there.

( HA I almost started to believe MYSELF there for a brief moment ! lol)

Oliver
May 31st, 2014, 13:20
Agreed; Bali has got a sex scene and I'm told it's great fun.
My boyfriend and I are about to go to the Banana Spa, which is about a km from our hotel. It'll be the only gay venue that we shall visit.
My belief is that the scene in Bali is more accessible to a younger client├иle.

peeseua
June 1st, 2014, 22:10
Agreed; Bali has got a sex scene and I'm told it's great fun.
My boyfriend and I are about to go to the Banana Spa, which is about a km from our hotel. It'll be the only gay venue that we shall visit.
My belief is that the scene in Bali is more accessible to a younger client├иle.

Not true. I followed some of A447's tips and had a delightful time. I'm well-past 55, not in quite the best condition and my face has seen better days but I had a wonderfully randy time starting from the very first night when this hunky motorbike taxi guy at Seminyak (in front of Bali Joe's) offered to take me back to my hotel and then asked if there was anything else I'd like him to do when we got there...

joe552
June 1st, 2014, 22:22
I guess it helps if you follow NIrish's advice and dress like a slut?

just joking peeseua - glad you had fun there.

Nirish guy
June 2nd, 2014, 03:19

For clarity I'm guessing you meant "AND" dress like a slut - as a secondary piece of advice of your own as never let it be said that I was trying to raise the standards of dress by this boards members ! lol

Oliver
June 2nd, 2014, 14:55
Alas! I haven't the nerve for encounters such as those....which is why Pattaya is much easier for me.
Nevertheless, we are having a wonderful time here.. beautiful, magical scenery, charming people.
We are not in a gay hotel but everyone treats this Thai/British couple with warmth and courtesy.

a447
June 2nd, 2014, 15:12
Peeseua wrote:

I followed some of A447's tips and had a delightful time.

Glad I could be of some help.

Here's another tip- give China a wide berth. There was no sign of any gay nightlife at all, and it turned out to be a complete waste of time. Mind you, we basically went for sightseeing but were kind of hoping there'd be some gay action somewhere.

Having said that, I did get approached by a young guy in the East Nanjing shopping street. I was sitting down and he came and sat beside me. He put his hand on my thigh and then had a quick feel. " tai ( big)," he said ( yeah, right!) he then put my hand on his leg and then on his cock. I also had time for a very quick feel. "Xiao (small)," he said but it was such a fleeting grope that I couldn't really judge. My mate suggested we take him back to the hotel but there was no way we'd get him past reception. Incidentally, he seemed to be one of the street cleaners and was carrying a large sack. His attire alone would have precluded entry into the hotel.

All in all, we only saw 2 obviously gay guys in China - one was walking down the street with a much older Chinese guy. What we noticed was the general lack of cute guys and the large number of guys who could be described as on the chubby side. We saw a couple of really handsome guys; the best looking guy was a drink waiter at the Dadong Beijing Duck restaurant. He was drop-dead gorgeous. He asked us if we would like to sit at the bar and have a drink. Normally I'd say "no" but I blurted out "Yes, yes," as I felt my knees knocking together. I asked him to go through the drink menu but he must have thought it strange that both Rob and I were not even looking at the menu as he described the drinks to us. Needless to say, we went back to Dadong every night in Beijing.

Like Japan, the guys I think are basically into each other and if you don't speak the language, you are completely fucked. I can read Chinese, which was a real lifesaver, but can't say more than a few words.

Thank God for Thailand and Bali - and S.E. Asia in general!

Well actually, I don't know about Thailand any more; it seems to be heading towards civil war, especially if the army moves in and breaks up the protests, which seems increasingly likely. Once the red shirts start marching south I fear all hell will break loose and even if I managed to get to Pattaya next week, as was my plan, I may have trouble getting out again. I still remember when the yellow shirts closed swampy and tourists found themselves stranded there.

Bali is looking increasingly attractive.

Sorry I got off track a little.

peeseua
June 2nd, 2014, 22:30

just joking peeseua - glad you had fun there.

I always dress like a slut when I'm on holiday. I figure I need all the free advertising I can get at my age and looking the way I do.

And A447, you couldn't persuade me to go to China for a holiday even if you waved a billion Baht under my nose. I'm Chinese so why would I want to travel thousands of miles to see more Chinese when I can just look in the mirror?

colmx
June 3rd, 2014, 01:09
Here's another tip- give China a wide berth. There was no sign of any gay nightlife at all, and it turned out to be a complete waste of time. Mind you, we basically went for sightseeing but were kind of hoping there'd be some gay action somewhere.

Thats the opposite of my experience

When i was in Beijing i had a queue of guys waiting to meet me... GayRomeo was blocked so i had to use PlanetRomeo.com but there was no shortage of guys waiting to have a white guy

As for night life... Destination was mobbed with gorgeous Chinese boys on the 2 occasions i was there... Again there was no shortage of approcaches (and i am no oil painting!
I had my most memorable sex ever with a chinese guy from near vietnam border that i picked up in Destination :-o

a447
June 3rd, 2014, 14:26
Yeah, Colmx, I totally forget about Destination - you actually recommended it to me in another thread. I guess it's because we are not really nightclub people and being in China for sightseeing, it totally slipped my mind.

I had jack'd on my ipad and it was working ok. Trouble is it seems most of the guys were looking for a relationship - there were a lot of " not MB" messages in their profiles.

I'm Chinese so why would I want to travel thousands of miles to see more Chinese when I can just look in the mirror?

Oops! Sorry, Peeseua.

a447
June 3rd, 2014, 20:56
Curfew lifted?

Ok. Pattaya it is!

Bali can wait till after Pattaya.

peeseua
June 4th, 2014, 08:01
I'm Chinese so why would I want to travel thousands of miles to see more Chinese when I can just look in the mirror?

Oops! Sorry, Peeseua.

No problem. It's just that it's always been my ambition to sample all the different cuisines in the world that I could stuff in my mouth...and sausages count as part of a country's culinary heritage, don't they?

And my first experiences of Balinese and Javanese sausages were delightful, I assure you.

GWMinUS
June 5th, 2014, 07:04
I have had a great time on Bali and, more recently, on the neighboring Island of Lombok.
But for good or bad, I visited there with my handsome Muslim guy from Central Java.
There was no way I could get him near a Gay Bar.
But in the hotel room he was a delight. Just had to have it day and night!!!
We made two one-day yours up to the mountains on Bali. Wonderful and only USD50 for each tour.
On Bali, we stayed at the Mecure in Sanur. Nice beach front hotel and some great restaurants along the main road.
Be sure to go to 3 Monkies. Great food. But avoid the Italian restaurant, very diappointing.
On Lombak, I booked at the Sheraton Senggigi Beach. Beautiful property and only paid USD80 per night, off season.
The hotel itself needs "freshing up" but big rooms and great dining room.
Made a motorbike trip out along the North Coast.
My friend really wanted to go to the 3 Gilli Islands. Maybe next time!!!
OH and took the Fast Boat from Bali directly to Senggigi Wharf. Expensive, at USD90 RT for each person. But beats the Ferry or the Flights.
The boat was full of HOT young men, and women, on their way to the Gillis. HUM maybe a good reason to add it to my next trip.
CHEERS

Oliver
June 5th, 2014, 07:30
Thanks for that; your impressions were interesting.
We stayed in Seminyak. I chose that coast because the beaches are very different to the ones in Krabi, Phuket etc which my boyfriend knows well. He'd never seen surfing, nor the large Indian Ocean rollers that are needed for it.
We looked at Sanur and didn't like it as much partly, I suppose, because it's similar to what we#'re used to in Thailand.

But the real highlights were our visits to temples in Mengwi, Ullawatu and Lake Bratan The landscapes are magical....but you have to drive for ninety minutes to escape the urbanisation around Kuta/Denpassar.

Alas! we return to Thailand today....but it's Pattaya and so all is not lost!

Smiles
June 5th, 2014, 10:40
" ... I chose that coast because the beaches are very different to the ones in Krabi, Phuket etc which my boyfriend knows well. He'd never seen surfing, nor the large Indian Ocean rollers that are needed for it ... "
I'll bet if he's from Phuket and/or environs he'll be quite happy to stay well away from them thar "large Indian Ocean rollers" (circa 2004).
If I were you I'd keep him indoors, studying Trotsky's memoirs. That will go over well.

christianpfc
June 10th, 2014, 11:54

For clarity I'm guessing you meant "AND" dress like a slut - as a secondary piece of advice of your own as never let it be said that I was trying to raise the standards of dress by this boards members ! lol

Another short and funny post by Nirish guy, the second this year, and it's only June! I hadn't notice this fine difference in meaning between "and" and "AND", thanks for pointing it out, made me chuckle.

Nirish guy
June 11th, 2014, 15:48
Which of course is more than most of us do when reading your usual apparently mainly Asperger driven posts Christian, so thank you, I am, as always, happy to oblige.