PDA

View Full Version : Pattaya updates.

newalaan2
May 28th, 2014, 15:22
With a very busy period at home now passed and an upcoming trip due, some time found to ask for updates on the forum.

Last I heard about Colonial Bar an agreement had been reached to sell it to an new owner, a Scottish gent? but there was some hint that it had fallen through, anyone have the updated situation there, I assume it's still open as normal.

Yaya was more like a yoyo at the time of my last trip in Feb and since with ups and downs, opened then shut then re-opened etc.... where again it was rumoured to have been sold to a new owner which also fell through? Yaya still boss there and bar open?

Is Krazy Dragon having continued success? there were some good reports from there not that long ago (from Bucknaway?), but many of the sources for updates and info seems to have dried up of late.

From a quick round of all the gay Thailand boards it seems not much has changed around Pattaya lately, with very little on the openings and closings front.

Despite the current situation with curfews hope is that it is heading in the right direction back to full bar opening times, so what of the late night clubs before the curfew, NAB still leading the pack with Dave Man following. Anyone know if the new late night venue Magazine still open.

Any updates appreciated.

christianpfc
May 28th, 2014, 15:41
Sorry to interrupt. "Pattaya updates." sounds like a statement, but you are asking a question, so "Pattaya updates?" would be an appropriate title.

Two weeks ago (before the curfew), I was pleasantly surprised about number of boys in Nice Boys and Eros (went into both), and Kawaii looked very promising when walking past.

Bobett
May 28th, 2014, 18:11
The Colonial was not sold the deal fell through. The bar is open as usual :)

francois
May 28th, 2014, 22:07
Yaya is open but I don't see many customers. Mostly the boys entertain themselves with a hookah and a bottle.

paborn
May 29th, 2014, 00:50
Guys, I'm new to the board and curious. I would like to ask advice, I have booked time in Bangkok - three weeks - I never considered Pattaya and there are some boards that diss it terribly - can someone tell me what the attraction is and why I should spend some time there. Seriously, I'm very confused about this Are the boys less jaded then the ones in Bangkok are they more willing to spend the night - just reasons that draw people to Pattaya. I would appreciate it greatly.

joe552
May 29th, 2014, 01:41
I've only stayed in Bangkok once for a couple of nights, so can't really comment. Pattaya is a coastal town ((although the beach is not the best for swimming) and I like to be beside the sea. The gay areas are close to each other (walking distance) except for the late night clubs - so no transport worries. Wide variety of accommodation from high end hotels to small gay guesthouses. Pattaya is also closer to Koh Chang (about 3 hours I think) or Koh Samed (about an hour) if you fancy a break.

A lot will depend on what you want from your holiday. For me, it's just time for relaxing, drinking a bit too much and having some fun with cute young guys. But there are good transport links to the rest of the country, so if you want to get away, it's not a huge hassle.

Hope this helps

colmx
May 29th, 2014, 03:31
Guys, I'm new to the board and curious. I would like to ask advice, I have booked time in Bangkok - three weeks - I never considered Pattaya and there are some boards that diss it terribly - can someone tell me what the attraction is and why I should spend some time there. Seriously, I'm very confused about this Are the boys less jaded then the ones in Bangkok are they more willing to spend the night - just reasons that draw people to Pattaya. I would appreciate it greatly.
To add to what Joe has written above:

Pattaya Pros:
Drinks are cheaper
Transport is cheaper (if you stick to songtaews)
Money Boys are cheaper
Money boys tend to be younger skinnier and twinkier (ifthats what you are into)
Money Boys are more likely to stay over night and less mercenary
A lot of Pattaya Money Boys are gay and in it for the money and fun (if you are into late nights out etc)

Bkk Pros:
More free boys than Pattaya
Money boys tend to be older and better built (ifthats what you are into)
A lot of Bkk Money Boys are straight and in it for the money only
Pattaya is a small world so if you have any strange quirks - word will spread like wildfire!

joe552
May 29th, 2014, 03:50
colmx, I'm shocked to read that there are moneyboys in Pattaya. As for my strange quirk - the less said the better

paborn
May 29th, 2014, 04:01
absolutely love skinny twinks and the over night thing is what I want - it is the best thing about the curfew as I assume it makes that easier. I will book some days in Pattaya as a test. I come every year, this is my 19th trip so I know Bangkok very well - just never made it to Pattaya. I have heard or read that the Ambiance is the best place to stay as Cafe Royale is in need of a renovation.

Brad the Impala
May 29th, 2014, 04:27
Guys, I'm new to the board and curious. I would like to ask advice, I have booked time in Bangkok - three weeks - I never considered Pattaya and there are some boards that diss it terribly - can someone tell me what the attraction is and why I should spend some time there.

I imagine that in the grand scheme of things Pattaya won't have changed greatly from your last visit.

I have also considered going down to Pattaya instead - I have not been there for a decade. I understand that Pattaya is a bit cheaper but that not a major consideration for me. ..... last year I never left soi Twilight and stayed at the BB inn

scottish-guy
May 29th, 2014, 06:23
I can't imagine anything worse than spending an entire trip in Soi Prostitute - but each to his own

:ymparty:

paborn
May 29th, 2014, 07:10
I meant that I never left the soi for my nights companion, dinner, touring , etc. were , of course, done outside of the soi. I wanted someone to compare the two venues for what we all, at the end of the day, go for.

francois
May 29th, 2014, 11:06
- I never considered Pattaya and there are some boards that diss it terribly - can someone tell me what the attraction is and why I should spend some time there. .
Come to Pattaya and try it out and decide for yourself. I have tried Bangkok but not to my liking. Easy to get around Pattaya, a small town compared to big city.
You could say that everything is at your fingertips. :))

paborn
May 29th, 2014, 18:20
Thank you. I plan to come down for a few days and give it a try.

MiniMee
May 29th, 2014, 19:36
I can't imagine anything worse than spending an entire trip in Soi Prostitute - but each to his own

Although, I expect that most here would probably agree that something is better than nothing...

scottish-guy
May 29th, 2014, 20:01
By that logic, picking up a smelly old tramp off the street and sucking him off is better than nothing?

joe552
May 29th, 2014, 23:33
Don't knock it till you've tried it, Scottish

scottish-guy
May 30th, 2014, 06:06
I bow to your superior knowledge (and experience) ^:)^ ^:)^

bucknaway
May 30th, 2014, 06:44

It all depends on what you are looking for. But being your first trip, you can't go wrong visiting Bangkok or Pattaya. When I first visited Pattaya I only visited 2 different gogo bars and the beach for my 5 day stay and I was content and ready to return when my trip was over. When I returned I found Jomtien Complex (Another gay area). And for a few visits that is all I knew till I found Sunee Plaza (Another gay area).

I like Bangkok for its fast pace city enviroment, the many bars and guys as well as the public transportation and unlimited shopping options.

In Pattaya I like the restful and flirty beach area with guys in skimpy swimwear or underwear that looks like swimwear. The less traveled Jomtien Complex for the open air host bars. I like the cheap Baht Busses that run round the clock. I love walking street at night with the lound music, bright lights, crowds of tourist and Thai, the many choices of food stalls and the glut of bars. I love to hang out in Boyztown to barhop and meet people and I like to walk over to sunee plaza to enjoy the bars and guys. Sunee is like boystown with lower prices and has a feel as if the area has relaxed and let its hair down.

[youtube:6qhxltpv]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oGewEDVbkI[/youtube:6qhxltpv]

newalaan2
June 2nd, 2014, 03:47
The Colonial was not sold. The bar is open as usual
Yaya is open but I don't see many customers Thanks for the updates, with Yaya it seems to be a famine or feast, I think they have a few very loyal visiting customers who base themselves at Yaya during a trip, many times I have seen the same faces night after night with a bottle set open, yet other times of the year it can be quite quiet. Always nice friendly guys there at any time of year.

I take it there have been no major Pattaya bar openings or closings over the past 2-3 months? Don't hear very much about Double Shot nowadays, I assume it was still opening very late up until the curfew when the owner had the urge. With a bit of luck the curfew might be over in Pattaya and other tourist areas by the time I get there. The clubs like NAB and Dave Man must really be hurting by now, that is a good few days of their main business hours up the spout.

Thank you. I plan to come down for a few days and give it a try.
Come to Pattaya and try it out and decide for yourself I think this is the only way you will ever find out, with the best will in the world there is such a wide range of opinion of which is the best bar, which is the best area Boyztown/sunee/Jomtien etc... you'll never get common agreement here, best to try it for yourself.

Pattaya Pros:Drinks are cheaperTransport is cheaper (if you stick to songtaews)Money Boys are cheaperMoney boys tend to be younger skinnier and twinkier (ifthats what you are into)Money Boys are more likely to stay over night and less mercenaryA lot of Pattaya Money Boys are gay and in it for the money and fun (if you are into late nights out etc)Bkk Pros:More free boys than PattayaMoney boys tend to be older and better built (ifthats what you are into)A lot of Bkk Money Boys are straight and in it for the money onlyPattaya is a small world so if you have any strange quirks - word will spread like wildfire! A fair summary by Colmx, the only thing I might add, on the less mercenary and fun seeking Pattaya lads note, is that you are much more likely to get the 'boyfriend experience' in Pattaya if that's the kind of interaction you like "paborn".

rtu55
June 15th, 2014, 01:26
Any updates appreciated.

I would avoid Nice boys bar in Sunee. Seems like the mamasan there has started to imitate the mamasan next door, in Power boys, and keeps bugging customers for 'mamasan-drinks' and is rude and annoying.

scottish-guy
June 15th, 2014, 02:17
Have you tried pretending that you think the Mamasan is offering to buy YOU a drink? It works quite well on occasion and they soon fuck off if you keep it up

christianpfc
June 15th, 2014, 10:11
It always surprises me that people fly half around the world, whore around in a foreign country, but are too timid to say "No" to a mamasan.

Mamasan's behavior has no influence on which bars I visit.

catawampuscat
June 15th, 2014, 11:30
Remember Christian, many older gay men lived in the closet their whole lives and learned to be nice, meek and invisible..
They value being nice and lost their "balls" long long ago.

bucknaway
June 15th, 2014, 12:36
I refuse to be rude, act common or treat anyone with less respect than I would like shown to my mother or father. It's too easy to become a social troll to those that are easy targets. Soon it will become easier and easier to be rude and nasty. There are other ways to say no without being an ass or a jerk. Sure it is not as easy as being nasty but you don't have to worry about anyone spitting in your drink or giving you a beer that has piss in it. Oh, but that would never happen... Ha! Ha! Ha! No... No one would ever piss in your drink..... =))

francois
June 15th, 2014, 14:11
It always surprises me that people fly half around the world, whore around in a foreign country, but are too timid to say "No" to a mamasan..

Easy for you Christian, just speak German or Russian to them and they will give up.

June 15th, 2014, 14:32
I refuse to ... treat anyone with less respect than I would like shown to my mother or father. It's too easy to become a social troll to those that are easy targets.Frankly I show considerable impatience towards my contemporaries, let alone those somewhat younger. "Come on you silly old fool" and "Wake up grand-dad" are phrases often heard falling from my lips and I'm guessing I'm at least as old as bucknaway's mother or father. "What are these bloody people doing!?" works for adults of all ages. I take HRH Prince Philip as my model.

PeterUK
June 15th, 2014, 16:15
"Come on you silly old fool" and "Wake up grand-dad" are phrases often heard falling from my lips and I'm guessing I'm at least as old as bucknaway's mother or father. "What are these bloody people doing!?" works for adults of all ages. I take HRH Prince Philip as my model.

I bet people tremble at your approach with putdowns like that. Your mention of PP reminds me of a funny story in Kenneth Tynan's diaries. At a dress rehearsal for Seneca's 'Oedipus' at the Vic, directed by Peter Brook, Irene Worth as Jocasta had to pretend to impale herself vaginally on a large sword fixed point upwards on the stage. She stopped in mid-squat and said plaintively to the director, 'Peter, the last time I did this it was much larger and it was on a plinth.' John Gielgud, on stage with her, retorted quick as a flash, 'Plinth Charles? Or Plinth Philip?'

rtu55
June 15th, 2014, 17:07
Remember Christian, many older gay men lived in the closet their whole lives and learned to be nice, meek and invisible..
They value being nice and lost their "balls" long long ago.

That is probably true for some people. I though am neither old or meek, and I did respond in a suitable way to this mamasan which created quite a scene actually.
However, Nice boys is now on my 'no go'-list together with Power boys.

francois
June 15th, 2014, 17:49
Any updates appreciated.

I would avoid Nice boys bar in Sunee. Seems like the mamasan there has started to imitate the mamasan next door, in Power boys, and keeps bugging customers for 'mamasan-drinks' and is rude and annoying.

I have not yet run into that situation at Nice Boys but the Tomboy at Power Boys is a true nuisance and drives customers away with her badgering worse than a snotty waiter.

LoveThailand
June 15th, 2014, 19:14
Pushy mamasan? Smile and say - Maybe later. No have enough money. I was thinking about offing you (to especially old and ugly ones).
This works for me - a confrontation or irritation detracts from my enjoyment.
And there is always an option of paying the bill and moving on to another place.

scottish-guy
June 15th, 2014, 19:55
.. it is not as easy as being nasty but you don't have to worry about anyone spitting in your drink or giving you a beer that has piss in it...

Yes, you have to be careful Bucky.

It reminds me of a time I was in company on my way back to a friend's house in Newcastle Upon Tyne after an afternoon in his local equivalent of the Wheeltappers & Shunters Social Club (some may well need to Google that!)

As we walked across the shopping centre car park I spied a McDonalds, and feeling peckish I indicated that I fancied a Cheeseburger.

The middle-aged married woman who was with us responded
"Ohh Pet, I wouldn't advise you to buy anything out of there".
On asking why I should not buy a Cheeseburger she said
"Well, my Mary worked in there for a fortnight and she said that sometimes the young lads in the kitchen wank off and cum on your burger!"
To which I could only reply
"Really? In that case I'll buy SIX!"

True story.

:))

rtu55
June 15th, 2014, 20:23
I have not seen anyone else write in this forum about this update, so...

Lucky 7 boy go-go bar has (re-)opened a few days ago. Just next to Kawaii boys in soi 13/3. Same owner as Vassa bar.
A big bar with a large stage in the centre. About 20 boys working there a few nights ago. Worth visiting.

Manforallseasons
June 16th, 2014, 01:16
You might ho read how-business-pattaya-t30734.html (http://sawatdeenetwork.com/forum/how-business-pattaya-t30734.html)